Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Corruption advice

bbare
03.19.2013 , 01:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zezzrad View Post
I think i got it.
I don't want to lose the 4% EB, 30% DR and 100% FS.
So this is my decision:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...0dGzZf00MZ0M.2

A little longer activion time of DI can be conpensated with more alacrity imo.
The o.25 sec is tolerable.
No, that talent is extremely important. Sorcs are already gimped as it is in burst healing. DI is a long cast and it is your most powerful heal. Any reduction in its cast time needs to be taken.
The Vanity Legacy

Aurojiin
03.19.2013 , 05:45 PM | #12
Without meaning to sound petty, the number of people who skip right past a stickied guide and post yet another "how do I play Corruption" thread straight to the forum makes me wonder why I'm even planning to update it when 2.0 comes.

I just don't understand what goes through people's heads: "Hmmm, Corruption PVE guide? Stickied at the top of the forums? Nope. Not relevant for me. Time to post a thread asking how to playing Corruption spec in PVE!"

Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
No, that talent is extremely important. Sorcs are already gimped as it is in burst healing. DI is a long cast and it is your most powerful heal. Any reduction in its cast time needs to be taken.
Actually, Static Barrier, Unnatural Preservation, and Innervate are all more powerful than DI. It's just that all three have restrictions that means DI becomes your filler of choice.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Darth_Dreselus
03.25.2013 , 02:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Without meaning to sound petty, the number of people who skip right past a stickied guide and post yet another "how do I play Corruption" thread straight to the forum makes me wonder why I'm even planning to update it when 2.0 comes.

I just don't understand what goes through people's heads: "Hmmm, Corruption PVE guide? Stickied at the top of the forums? Nope. Not relevant for me. Time to post a thread asking how to playing Corruption spec in PVE!"
Could be because it states 1.3 in the title people just dismiss it as being out of date (which it is not). Is it possible to change the title?

To OP do go with Aurojin's build it's the easiest to go with, once you are comfortable you have like 1-3 pts that are generally interchangeable according to content tackled. But honestly when you get into the stage of deciding between Lucidity, Empty Body and Haunting Presence based on raid wide AoE damage and healing needed you won't need guides anymore. And it will all change in 3 weeks anyway =D so here you have a 2.0 build provided it makes it to live in that version. Corrupted Speed and reverse Corruptions are again Interchangible as you should not need shorter force regen debuff. Playing smart you won't ever have the debuff anyway. Extra speed is just that, extra speed, useful after wipes I guess. On the other hand you could just get 4 stacks of debuff and then purge it and get massive Force back in an emergency.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

Jadescythe
03.26.2013 , 11:49 AM | #14
Definitely Lightning Barrier and Dark Resilience for your final 3 points (2 in LB). If you are running FPs, then drop one point in empty body and move to DR since you are solo healing. 8 man it's your call, 16 man definitely take EB over DR as you have 4 healers potentially hitting you and 4% of all of that is far superior to 15% on one self-heal on a 30 sec CD that isn't being used on CD anyway.

Don't listen to anyone telling you to drop a point from force surge as the only way you will have resource issues is if you have to degenerate your force regen rate to get your force back. And you're giving up that talent for what exactly? Saving 2% health on consumptions and 15% more self-heal when you get around to using it? Not worth.
I have opinions and stuff