Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So... are we gonna be able to pick (story) faction in 5.10?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So... are we gonna be able to pick (story) faction in 5.10?

Pietrastor
09.21.2018 , 02:16 AM | #1
So... are we gonna be able to pick faction in 5.10? At the very least for story purpouses? Or were the Iokath/Nathema choices totally pointless? I mean, at this stage my Agent defected/sided with the Republic THREE times. My Sith pick Rep/Jedi/light-side any chance they get. It would be so off-putting if they were forced into Imp-supporting/patriotic storyline.......
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

FlameYOL
09.21.2018 , 09:36 AM | #2
If I recall Charles did said the Nathema choice wasn't the final one. So I'm pretty sure you'll pick which faction you ultimately want to support during 5.10 as opposed to being forced into it.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

OldVengeance
09.21.2018 , 09:36 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
So... are we gonna be able to pick faction in 5.10? At the very least for story purpouses? Or were the Iokath/Nathema choices totally pointless? I mean, at this stage my Agent defected/sided with the Republic THREE times. My Sith pick Rep/Jedi/light-side any chance they get. It would be so off-putting if they were forced into Imp-supporting/patriotic storyline.......
They said there would be "options" for people who want to fight for the opposite faction.

AureliaSulis
09.21.2018 , 11:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
They said there would be "options" for people who want to for for the opposite faction.
This springs immediately to mind.
Eric Arthur Blair was prescient.

IoNonSoEVero
09.22.2018 , 12:14 AM | #5
IIRC it was mentioned in another thread here that the devs (Charles Boyd maybe) said that the final, definitive choice on your faction has not happened yet. That makes it sounds like you will get a choice and that it will stick.

I'm still bummed about not having the Alliance/neutral as a choice, but that ship has sailed.

Totemdancer
09.22.2018 , 12:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I'm still bummed about not having the Alliance/neutral as a choice, but that ship has sailed.
Me too.

Darth_Advent
09.22.2018 , 01:32 AM | #7
Assuming they can do it without breaking the game or wrecking individual characters' choice trees up to that point in the storyline.
May the Force serve you well.

Calwred
09.22.2018 , 09:13 AM | #8
be crazy if we have light sided sith becoming for all intents and purposes becoming jedi or dark sided jedi becoming sith
Refer a friend www.swtor.com/r/L5fXHX

IanArgent
09.22.2018 , 01:19 PM | #9
"There will be consequences" from your choice at Iokath and after Nathema.

That's all we've been told.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

Xina_LA
09.22.2018 , 04:36 PM | #10
I actually do hope we'll be able to permanently switch factions, with a nice big warning box that lets us know when we're making the final choice.

I also hope that there's some kind of Alignment restriction, though. I can't see the Republic being willing to accept a dark-side Sith, for example. Hopefully the game will tell us that we can switch IF AND ONLY IF we get our Alignment straight... dark-side for Empire to show we aren't weak and light-side for Republic to show we're not villains.

Is there somewhere I can check on a character to see how they decided on Iokath and Nathema?
It's been awhile since I played some of those toons and I can't remember what I decided for all of them...
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--