Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[DM] I am looking to buy a normal, western male name

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[DM] I am looking to buy a normal, western male name

Lundorff
09.21.2018 , 01:03 AM | #1
And now to something slightly different...

If anyone is willing to part with their normal, english male character name on DM then let me know. I am willing to pay up to 100 millions credits if I consider it particular noteworthy.

Rules:
  1. The name can not contain any apostrophes or special characters.
  2. It can not be a 2-part name e.g. John Doe. Only first names.
  3. The name must, obviously, be tradable. You can test this by trying to register the name again, and if it say "Invalid name" then your name is glitched / reserved and can not be traded so to speak. It must say "Name unavailable".

And please don't waste my time and yours, by suggesting names with special characters or lamenting my horrid lack of creativity. I just prefer normal names like John, Peter, William, Kevin, Charles, Logan, Lucas, Michael etc.

Pscyon
09.21.2018 , 01:23 AM | #2
Best of luck with this. I wanted a particular name (my actual name) for my main character, and tried grabbing it in the pre-release weekend, at release, and several times after. There was no character that actually had the name (I tried befriending, on both factions, to check). I also ticketed customer service twice about it, but both times they completely misunderstood what I was going on about and gave useless form responses. Eventually I figured out the error message I got was due to the name being purposefully unavailable like Boba or Vader or whatever, because one character in one issue of a Marvel Star Wars comic had it and spoke it once. At some point however, the name has been made available and I now see someone else running around with it. I had to use a weird i in mine. *sigh*
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

Lundorff
09.21.2018 , 01:43 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Best of luck with this. I wanted a particular name (my actual name) for my main character, and tried grabbing it in the pre-release weekend, at release, and several times after. There was no character that actually had the name (I tried befriending, on both factions, to check). I also ticketed customer service twice about it, but both times they completely misunderstood what I was going on about and gave useless form responses. Eventually I figured out the error message I got was due to the name being purposefully unavailable like Boba or Vader or whatever, because one character in one issue of a Marvel Star Wars comic had it and spoke it once. At some point however, the name has been made available and I now see someone else running around with it. I had to use a weird i in mine. *sigh*
Indeed yes. Specific names are hard to get. Specific names that are reserved / glitched are neigh impossible to obtain. This is also why I am asking rather broadly for any male name. I would have paid BW to be Revan, but their customer support and flexibility is lost in the Stone Age.

AggiePunbot
09.21.2018 , 03:28 AM | #4
You may want to consider adding a suffix to your name; example, Gary is not available but Garyford could be. Harry may not be available but Harron could be. Experiment with prefixes and suffixes; combine them with your preferred names and see if you get anything unique but still similar enough that you'd want to use. Also, as loathe as I am to see it used in real life, try adding or changing a letter here and there. Warren could become Waron; Jack could become Joch; David could become Dayvid.
Quote: Originally Posted by Noobishlord View Post
I love these kind of things. You use a code from someone, get a code of your own to share. It's like one big group hug, only less creepy, and less of a chance of someone farting as soon as they get squeezed.

Lundorff
09.21.2018 , 04:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AggiePunbot View Post
You may want to consider adding a suffix to your name; example, Gary is not available but Garyford could be. Harry may not be available but Harron could be. Experiment with prefixes and suffixes; combine them with your preferred names and see if you get anything unique but still similar enough that you'd want to use. Also, as loathe as I am to see it used in real life, try adding or changing a letter here and there. Warren could become Waron; Jack could become Joch; David could become Dayvid.
Thank you but no. I am an elitist name snob and names must be pure in my world

Kiesu
09.21.2018 , 04:15 AM | #6
I'm still bitter about losing my first character's name in this game, who was max lv with "normal" name and lost it back in the 2012 forced merges to a random lowbie who never even logged in QQ
Refer! - Alignment funzies - Arts -
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

SteveTheCynic
09.21.2018 , 04:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AggiePunbot View Post
Harry may not be available but Harron could be.
So long as you don't give him the surname Tavus, I guess.

Meaning that no, Harron [Tavus] is almost certainly not available.

(Ref: Trooper class story.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

exfell
09.21.2018 , 04:34 AM | #8
You did say western but did you mean English names only or are, for example, German or Norwegian names fine?
Ref linky http://www.swtor.com/r/LCKynR
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCT View Post
Ah, 5 people demanding it and 5 people against it - Ladies and Gentlemen, I present "The Majority".

Lundorff
09.21.2018 , 04:41 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by exfell View Post
You did say western but did you mean English names only or are, for example, German or Norwegian names fine?
English names yes. Thank you, I will edit the above.

Paulsutherland
09.21.2018 , 06:21 AM | #10
Just call your character 'White Male' and see what happens.