Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafted gear and pvp

Batwer
09.15.2018 , 08:13 AM | #141
I am annoyed. First, the stupid boxes are simply brought into play. And not removed even after much criticism. Then you got used to the fact that you can do everything and still gets his equipment. And now ... they change the whole thing again and wonder why people moan.
FŁr Neueinsteiger und RŁckkehrer:
klick mich: http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Totemdancer
09.15.2018 , 05:34 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
... and wonder why people moan.
And why people leave the game.

Letís hope they are seeing all this negative feed back and wonít implement it in a way that makes people leave again.

Bolster pvp to max level gear

omaan
09.20.2018 , 02:35 PM | #143
I am annoyed. First, the stupid boxes are simply brought into play. And not removed even after much criticism. Then you got used to the fact that you can do everything and still gets his equipment. And now ... they change the whole thing again and wonder why people moan.
yeah, it seems they like to do SAME mistakes over and over again. They removed pvp gear, provided gambling boxes with gear,tonnes of players quited the game, they fixed it with buffing boxes and Unessembled components but now doing the same mistake.

These devs never learn...

Totemdancer
09.20.2018 , 07:02 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
yeah, it seems they like to do SAME mistakes over and over again. They removed pvp gear, provided gambling boxes with gear,tonnes of players quited the game, they fixed it with buffing boxes and Unessembled components but now doing the same mistake.

These devs never learn...
Especially when you realise that they already tried the RNG gearing for pvp and it failed way back during 2.0. (But letís try it again in 5.0)
Itís why we had pvp Comms and vendors to buy pvp gear before 5.0.
The gearing system was perfect through 3.0-4.0 and then they destroyed it. Pvpers didnít need a gear grind to play pvp and Bioware have never understood that.
Now they want to revert back even further to one of the first ever gearing systems for pvp. One that also failed and was another step towards them introducing dedicated pvp gear system.
Itís like these guys donít even know the history of their own game and what worked and failed in the past.
From my perspective, it looks like they are changing things for the sake of changing things. If they understood pvpers and what makes them tick, they would know this will fail too.
Why do they keep trying to reinvent the wheel or see if square wheels will work if you paint them a different colour,
What we need is dedicated pvp gear that is easy for us to obtain in a relatively short period of time.
The best system they could implement would be the same one we had during 4.0-4.9.
Give us Comms as rewards for playing pvp from level 10 to level 70. This also encourages people to learn pvp as they level and not at level 70.
I think what we should be advocating is a return to the previous pvp gearing system.

SubjugatorX
09.20.2018 , 11:53 PM | #145
If the new gear can only be obtained through crafting & or PVE then count me out

I don't mind a grind as long as the grind is PVP but you couldn't pay me to craft, its even more boring than PVE & that is saying something

Andryah
09.21.2018 , 09:44 AM | #146
MMOs change over time. This is a basic fact of life for the MMO player. Most often they change in a way that one player thinks is good and another thinks sucks... but the change takes place regardless.

If you find this unacceptable... MMOs may not be for you. Personally, I take an MMO as it is presented, and I adapt and overcome the challenges presented... because at the end of the day.. an MMO generally is an endless chain of challenges presented over time to a broad range of players. And NO.. this does not mean I do not give them critical feedback on things I do not personally like.. but I also accept that I am simply a random voice among many others and do not expect change for my sake.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Atalantia
09.22.2018 , 07:09 PM | #147
If they bring back 8v8 then I'd be ok with ranked giving the BiS for PvP otherwise they can stick the areana up there nose
Was before F2P

omaan
09.26.2018 , 07:32 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by SubjugatorX View Post
If the new gear can only be obtained through crafting & or PVE then count me out

I don't mind a grind as long as the grind is PVP but you couldn't pay me to craft, its even more boring than PVE & that is saying something
Yes, if jt is a grind, then at least it must be a grinding activity which players like to do. If someone likes pve he must be able to grind gear via pve, if someone likes pvp, he must be able to grind gear via pvp. It is so easy to understand but but not for devs... They just refuse to see this