Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafted gear and pvp

omaan
09.05.2018 , 03:06 PM | #1
News about crafting new tier gear is pretty frustrating for players like me who only play pvp in this game... devs i really hope you are not planning to force pure pvp players to run operations, difficult time-consuming quests or other non-pvp content to get either materials or recipes. Forcing to play content players doesnt want never worked and only led to unsub.

Lhancelot
09.05.2018 , 03:11 PM | #2
Now I agree with this sentiment.

I never run ops or even FPs. I am a 100% PVPer. If I have to do this for gears, and there's no other way for me to gear up I won't stick around.

I refuse to bend my playstyle if that means doing activities I do not enjoy, and I have never enjoyed PVE on this game.

They can incorporate PVP activities so that they too allow players to gear up. I know they had mentioned before possibly bringing expertise back, so who knows, maybe that will also be added along with PVP viable gearing on top of a PVE viable gearing method.

Or, maybe they will just make it so ranked PVP is a gearing route... But again, I never cared much for 4v4 if I have to do that to gear I probably won't stick around long. Another reason to consider 8v8 ranked if they decide to make ranked a part of the tier 5 gearing system.
Star Forge Suffocates Fairfield Innervates Amice

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt

TUXs
09.05.2018 , 03:14 PM | #3
AGREED!!! They need to remember PvPers this time...unlike they did with RNG boxes.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

mhobin
09.05.2018 , 03:17 PM | #4
My guess is that you will get mats from ranked , not reg. This will lead to even more mat farmers, as gear will be tied to playing ranked not just augments.

Best way to get gear will be to buy it with credits on the GTN.

benmas
09.05.2018 , 03:23 PM | #5
and people wonder why we want our PvP gear back...

making PvPers go out and do all sorts of PvE stuff is just stupid, then on top of that possibly have to level a new crafting skill just to get gear aimed at the new raid difficulty but will eventually find its way into PvP gimping pure PvP players is just stupid, who ever came up with this idea clearly doesn't play the same game as we do.

Then ofc the mats will get dumped in ranked PvP probably solo ranked as well as teams, ruining the queue again, and since its shorter seasons again, you'll get put with cluless dummy bashers who want their shiny new mats to get gear so they can do more parsing whilst moving out of red circles.
waythuk/clortork/bencat/zibak/nexíá/harrkov/sabotte
sagrtar/biggreenbeam/maseddheed/cyrenic/alérá/zíbak
The Red Eclipse-->Darth Malgus
<take a seat>

Screaming_Ziva
09.05.2018 , 05:25 PM | #6
I didn't see the LIvestream but this is what Dulfy's recap says:

"Tier 5 Gear. All Tier 5 gear will be crafted, no detail to reveal yet. We know you got strong opinions about it. Expect to be part of the rewards for master mode operations. "

Yep, PvP'ers get shafted.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

Rion_Starkiller
09.05.2018 , 05:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I didn't see the LIvestream but this is what Dulfy's recap says:

"Tier 5 Gear. All Tier 5 gear will be crafted, no detail to reveal yet. We know you got strong opinions about it. Expect to be part of the rewards for master mode operations. "

Nefra farm anyone?
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

TrixxieTriss
09.06.2018 , 12:34 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
News about crafting new tier gear is pretty frustrating for players like me who only play pvp in this game... devs i really hope you are not planning to force pure pvp players to run operations, difficult time-consuming quests or other non-pvp content to get either materials or recipes. Forcing to play content players doesnt want never worked and only led to unsub.
For once Omaan, we are in lock step and I agree 100%. We often disagree because we have different ideas on how to make pvp better and our passion for it causes us to argue. But I fully support what you are saying and I can see how much it would negatively affect pvp if there isn’t a seperate system for pvpers.

I really hope Bioware have a plan. If they don’t, I hope they will listen to the communities feed back and put something in place or it will probably drive more people from the game.

TrixxieTriss
09.06.2018 , 12:36 AM | #9
The easiest solution is to raise Bolster in pvp so it is above tier 5 lvls. Then gear won’t matter in pvp.

omaan
09.06.2018 , 02:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I didn't see the LIvestream but this is what Dulfy's recap says

"Tier 5 Gear. All Tier 5 gear will be crafted, no detail to reveal yet. We know you got strong opinions about it. Expect to be part of the rewards for master mode operations.

Mm ops.... jesus christ.. Never done even a story mode operation, but having three 2k+ rated characters in ranked in previous season, played many regular warzones, have elite warlord on few characters and now will have to do pve... Well i always wanted to try guild wars 2. Thx devs for opportunity. This is really crap happening since it looks like they need to have statistics for Ea masters that everyone participates in all types of their "exciting" content and that game is active TM