Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bio intent to create in game 1% trillionairs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bio intent to create in game 1% trillionairs

Ardrossan
09.16.2018 , 04:58 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I don't know anything about what a non-sub gets, I have always been a sub. I would imagine they have researched and come to the conclusion what they can restrict and what they cannot restrict so as to not hurt their bottom line (money).

I think it's a bit of a stretch to consider non-subs 99% of the game's population so I feel my point stands. I don't see them alienating 99% of the game's population with a highly restrictive gearing system.

Until I read something that indicates otherwise, I am not going to go buck-wild nerd raging over changes I know basically nothing about. People can continue rolling in hysterics if they want, by all means it's their choice I just think it's better to relax and wait till we get more information.
I only sub off and on. When I sub, I grind GC. When I go back to pref, I level chars. I have no complaint about this system. Prototype/artifact gear is fine for leveling.

What I find amusing about these supposed charitable complaints asking for non-subs to get GC is that many prefs can't use artifact-level gear unless they get the authorization. That's been a thing since F2P was released. There's ALWAYS been a gear distinction between subs and non-subs [unless you get the unlock]. Yet I've rarely seen a sub insist that non-subs should be automatically granted artifact gear authorization. This issue is only an issue for subs who don't want to pay for their subs anymore and still earn GCXP.
"My Lord, have I got a scheme for you! You give me 30 seconds and I'll let you in on a scheme that will knock your socks off! It's brilliant, spectacious! A surefire way to hit the Republic right where it hurts: their wounded." "You're an idiot."
"But...the kolto...rakghouls."

AlrikFassbauer
09.20.2018 , 10:29 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
This issue is only an issue for subs who don't want to pay for their subs anymore and still earn GCXP.
Well, in my case, I currently feel kind of burned out. And this is a thing CXP can't heal.
I'm still a subscriber, but I just wish I could pause that for a while. I've begun playing Deponia instead, although I'm already halted with the first few puzzles.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Ardrossan
09.20.2018 , 01:38 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Well, in my case, I currently feel kind of burned out. And this is a thing CXP can't heal.
I'm still a subscriber, but I just wish I could pause that for a while. I've begun playing Deponia instead, although I'm already halted with the first few puzzles.
So...take a break?
"My Lord, have I got a scheme for you! You give me 30 seconds and I'll let you in on a scheme that will knock your socks off! It's brilliant, spectacious! A surefire way to hit the Republic right where it hurts: their wounded." "You're an idiot."
"But...the kolto...rakghouls."

AlrikFassbauer
09.21.2018 , 11:50 AM | #44
I do so right now. Only occationally looking into the forums.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Falensawino
09.21.2018 , 01:32 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Raytal View Post
Oh really? One word: Conquest

Nuff said!
That's probably why bioware is about to nerf conquest by "improving" the conquest system in upcoming patches.

Predicted it during the livestream announcement, the changes will negatively impact people farming conquest system.

Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Raytal View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
The trend over gear has gotten easier over the years. - They want to be more inclusive and appeal to every type of player from the casual to the hardcore from the PVe-er to the PvP er and all inbetween.

We have legacy gear now, and there is no distinction between PVE and PVP gear.

I expect the trend will continue. - Yes there may well be a new tier to grind or craft for, and it's a cynical way of making people re-earn what basically they had previously to keep them subbing and logging on.

BW are a business. They're in this to make money. - ticking off a large section of population isn't good business sense.
Oh really? One word: Conquest

Nuff said!
There is a difference between ticking players off purposely and ticking players off because the the players are unwilling to adapt. There is a distinction that puts the blame more on one side vs the other, and you clearly still dont understand it.
people will adapt to conquest nerfs but that doesn't mean they'll like them.
The most wretched hive of troll and villainy

Refer a Friend Link

Falensawino
09.21.2018 , 01:47 PM | #46
accidental double post..
so here's a transcript of the Livestream powerpoint slide with VOD (Video on Demand) timestamps

Game Update 5.10 "Jedi Under Siege"
The most wretched hive of troll and villainy

Refer a Friend Link

Pietrastor
09.24.2018 , 02:49 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Falensawino View Post
accidental double post..
so here's a transcript of the Livestream powerpoint slide with VOD (Video on Demand) timestamps

God's work mate, saves so much time looking for stuff I'm most interested in!
My referral link (7 days sub free) - http://www.swtor.com/r/fK5gsH

arunav
09.24.2018 , 03:31 PM | #48
That's probably why bioware is about to nerf conquest by "improving" the conquest system in upcoming patches.

Predicted it during the livestream announcement, the changes will negatively impact people farming conquest system.

people will adapt to conquest nerfs but that doesn't mean they'll like them.
What kind of conquest "nerf" do you mean?
"In the end, cowards are those that follow the dark side."

Free Inventory Slot, Character Transfer, and Subscription Time:
http://www.swtor.com/r/YpmgMVhttp://

NuSeC
09.25.2018 , 02:00 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
Curious....

Ive not played in a while... keep my sub on auto renewal in case they do something worthy of my time.

However, it is indeed a repeat if this new gear grind/schem drop goes into play.

People were mad and griped about 5.0 when it was announced - when it was in testing- and when it was released to the players. We had a massive exodus from the game and it left the devs with their pants down.

This game has a long history of the devs believing they know more of what the players want than the actual players do.

To counter the valid arguments the players made what we got in return was meme worthy. "It will be exciting" "Never know what you will get" "we can tweak the drop rates."

Perhaps it would be best for these devs to not just hear us but to actually listen to us for once.

This latest "crafted endgame gear grind" is a gigantic dumb idea.

Vendors guys... tokens, a sure thing... RNG should NEVER be involved in gearing in an MMO. You grind for results... not the possibility of a result.

This game has not had enough new content to warrant new gear. New gear is not content!
Kinrath Spider -> Fatman -> Pot5 -> Shadowlands -> Star Forge
`````` `````` ``````

Elite Warlord Doze - Jugg / Elite Warlord Doz's Sorc - Sorc

TUXs
09.25.2018 , 02:24 PM | #50
accidental double post..

One of the most impressive posts I've ever seen on these forums. I love how organized it was...THANK YOU!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)