Going to Nar Shaddaa before Taris/Balmorra

Quellryloth

Has anyone tried doing this? I'm playing a Jedi Knight now and there's an option to explicitly ask the NPC that gives you the quests to go to Taris and Nar Shaddaa where you should go first. He replies something like "Let your Jedi intuition guide you." This would be well and good... but Taris is levels 16-20 and Nar Shaddaa is levels 20-24. My Sentinel is halfway between levels 18 and 19 so I could in principle go to Nar Shaddaa immediately (it would be tough, but not impossible). However, if I did that, I wouldn't get any XP from Taris since I'd be way over-leveled for it by the time I'm done with Nar Shaddaa.

Has anybody tried this, either with Taris or, on the Imperial side, Balmorra? Does the game somehow account for it or is this a case of the story giving you a choice and the gameplay taking it away?

I don't like how, in the loading screen plot summary, with many of the classes at least, It assumes you're going to Nar Shaddaa first. Although it's been a very long time since I did low leveling, I remember it bugging me that the way the game expected you to progress in your class story was with the harder planet.

I don't like how, in the loading screen plot summary, with many of the classes at least, It assumes you're going to Nar Shaddaa first. Although it's been a very long time since I did low leveling, I remember it bugging me that the way the game expected you to progress in your class story was with the harder planet.

It does this a lot. When I was leveling my sin tank I would level in GF more than the planet/story quest line. The problem with this was that I was usually 5+ levels above the planet/story I was currently on. Yet when I logged in the loading screen plot summary was almost always giving away the plot before I was actally there.

It does this a lot. When I was leveling my sin tank I would level in GF more than the planet/story quest line. The problem with this was that I was usually 5+ levels above the planet/story I was currently on. Yet when I logged in the loading screen plot summary was almost always giving away the plot before I was actally there.

The Class Plot related text in loading screens is based on your level.

Once you reach the level range for the planet that the next section of your Class Quest is on, it changes to reflect your level.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried doing this? I'm playing a Jedi Knight now and there's an option to explicitly ask the NPC that gives you the quests to go to Taris and Nar Shaddaa where you should go first. He replies something like "Let your Jedi intuition guide you." This would be well and good... but Taris is levels 16-20 and Nar Shaddaa is levels 20-24. My Sentinel is halfway between levels 18 and 19 so I could in principle go to Nar Shaddaa immediately (it would be tough, but not impossible). However, if I did that, I wouldn't get any XP from Taris since I'd be way over-leveled for it by the time I'm done with Nar Shaddaa.

Has anybody tried this, either with Taris or, on the Imperial side, Balmorra? Does the game somehow account for it or is this a case of the story giving you a choice and the gameplay taking it away?

I do it all the time. But then Taris is one of my "skip" worlds, so its no big deal. It's very easy to be 18-20 at the end of Coruscant and IMO, Nar Shaddaa is much more fun than Taris.