Lost Island Flash Point

I wish! cause right now LR-5 is the hardest boss on hardmode! Something needs to change either by putting lava on a pattern insteaad of random, making the lighting aoe's smaller, or taking away his ability to shoot away from tank for a whole volley. Also, this FP is almost imposible for melee dps to complete because of LR-5, then the tank must do a screwy kiting job through the lava and if he dont get it just right the lighting aoe will trap the group in a corner. Any of those would help but i welcome anything else t help nerf this boss. The first real boss shouldn't be the hardest. Edited by Chloriancredit
adding info

I don't believe it is possible to do any flashpoint with an Ops group, however I haven't actually tried it.

Otherwise, please don't turn this into a "nerf LI" thread. The FP is fine as it is, it just has a higher reliance on mechanics and gear does not allow you to ignore them. As long as your tank can interrupt, your healer can cleanse and your group can not stand in the bad stuff you'll be fine. And yes, that is all that the LR-5 fight breaks down to.

I don't believe it is possible to do any flashpoint with an Ops group, however I haven't actually tried it.

Otherwise, please don't turn this into a "nerf LI" thread. The FP is fine as it is, it just has a higher reliance on mechanics and gear does not allow you to ignore them. As long as your tank can interrupt, your healer can cleanse and your group can not stand in the bad stuff you'll be fine. And yes, that is all that the LR-5 fight breaks down to.

^exactly. LI HM is a fp that is SUPER dependant on 2 things:

1. Gear, - MINIMUM full columi, not half col/tion or half col/bm. FULL. COLUMI.

2. Decent people - not allways the case I know but it does help. Without this gear doesn't count for anything. Hell ive had a full bh geared group wipe on this fp because peeps didn't do what they were supposed to.

Yes it is a hard flashpoint, but I don't want it nerfed. It's the only challenge we get in this game, apart from denova, everything else is just *yawn*.

2. Decent people - not allways the case I know but it does help. Without this gear doesn't count for anything. Hell ive had a full bh geared group wipe on this fp because peeps didn't do what they were supposed to.

Yes it is a hard flashpoint, but I don't want it nerfed. It's the only challenge we get in this game, apart from denova, everything else is just *yawn*.

I dont agree when u have groups that have full rakata and bh and can't done LR-5 it comes down to mechanics because gear is not an issue, also i dont waant the whole FP nerfed just LR-5.

The only time you can call it a gear issue is when you are consistently hitting enrage timers AND all DPS are maintaining maximum uptime AND all DPS are using optimal rotations.

If the healer is having a hard time in the fight it is because someone is stuffing up mechanics. LR-5 isn't a healer check - thats Sav-Rak.

If the tank is dying quickly it is because he is not interrupting incinerate AND/OR not using their CDs appropriately.

If the tank is losing aggro he is not using a good rotation or guard or he is heavily outgeared by a DPS who isn't using their threat drop.

If you are hitting enrage timers and all DPS are pushing their max then it is a gear issue.

To me it´s just wrong that the hardest boss is not the last boss of an instance. This goes especially when you got melee dps, and lest face it. Melee dps are the majority in swtor. so chances are you will allways have at least 1 melee. Maybe a slight nerf that will help melee only. Incinerate cant spread. That way the fight is no different if you got ranged dps only, but slightly easier for melee dps.

To me it´s just wrong that the hardest boss is not the last boss of an instance. This goes especially when you got melee dps, and lest face it. Melee dps are the majority in swtor. so chances are you will allways have at least 1 melee. Maybe a slight nerf that will help melee only. Incinerate cant spread. That way the fight is no different if you got ranged dps only, but slightly easier for melee dps.

Or you could just interrupt before the first tick of incinerate. And with a melee DPS thats another interrupt available to you, feel sorry for the Merc/Commandos.

Hardest boss of BoI isn't the last one either, the hardest one IS skippable though. Imagine the QQ if it wasn't.

I think the difficulty is where it should be, and is completely appropriate for a 4 person group. The first time I tried to clear it, we were not able to because of wicked lag spikes that would cause the energy coils to already be expanding without us seeing the indicators on the ground. Wiped a few times b/c of the lag so we all disbanded (PUG'd it). Tried it a few days later with a completely different PUG and we cleared LR-5 after only one wipe. Rest of it was a breeze and one shotted Sav-Rak and Lorrick. If everybody communicates and you have a basic understanding of the mechanics from having run it in normal mode, it's easily doable assuming you've been running other HM FPs for a bit before hand to get a majority of your gear at Columi level (which isn't too hard).

That said, if people in your group cannot play their classes or understand the mechanics, then you are in for a very rough time. The more skilled you are, the lower the gear req, the less skilled you are, the higher the gear req to give you that extra cushion.

Edited by Headpunch

If you can't kill LR-5 with full-Rakata/BH group, then you are doing something completely wrong. True, he is harder with melee dps, but not much. Your tank just has to drag him around, not stay in one place. I don't understand why lava bothers you, you never really need to stand in it. Just read guides or ask people around.

I did LI HM with PUGs at least 2 times every week via GF and never failed. Sometimes some member of the team rage quitted after 1-2 wipes, we replaced him and continued. Perhaps it was easy for me because i played healer or tank.

BTW, Sav-Rak is not particularly hard for a healer if your tank knows how to position himself before the jump, so he will land away from the group and no one except him will be hit by Sav-Rak and get this nasty DoT wound.

Edited by EternalChild

making incinerate not spread wil not make lr5 any easier for ranged dps groups. And i know you say tank and mele dps should just interupt, well interupting is also harder when you got melee dps because you need to kite so much.

So tank usually get´s incinerate a few times. it´s not a big deal since it´s easy to cleanse, but i think it´s unfair to melee that it can spread. It´s not like many fight´s aren´t biased towards ranged dps allready. Help in evening the playing field would be nice.

And dont come with this elitist, just got to know the fight. You cant argue that the fight is harder when you got melee dps compared to when you got ranged.

[insert sarcasm]I absolutely love it when players place a gear requirement for a place which you do not need if you have a competent group[/sarcasm]

No... you do not need a group with FULL COLUMI or better to complete this. Just because you have failed every time in a group with less than it. Just to see how it went, i pulled off a run yesterday where our group composite was a Shadow tank, Sentinel (myself), Sage healer, and Gunslinger. each person had a mix of Columi/Tionese/BH. Having no issues with the full instance, we 1 shotted everything.

I have healed through this FP With 2 Operative DPS and An Amazing Tank. As long as you have a good healer and a tank that has a clue, you could do this no problem.... On the other hand one time I did this with 1 Sniper and 1 Madness Sorc and a tank who was fairly new to it, and we wiped quite a number of times on LR-5 and That frozen boss that drops the ice from the ceiling.... So It's all based on what type of tank and healer you got.

It would be sad if they nerfed LI HM.

After we learned the mechanics, my friends and I decided to try it with full tionese gear. We did not wipe once on any fight. I have done this as a melee DPS and a Healer. This is not meant to brag, just making a point.

Also, PUGs have a habit of running into enrage timers, becuase the average player is casual at best and just hits the attacks they think are the coolest. Lately I have been offering PUGs 25k credits if they agree to download and use MOX parser. 9/10 DPS in at least full rakata gear are getting less than 700dps on the bosses, with the first fight being even lower.

Please, before you come to the forums and cry for a nerf, learn the mechanics, watch a video of the fight(s), and learn your optimal rotations.

Also, to those who think that it's a "bug" when the lightning bubbles come up without any reticule: This is the soft enrage and is a normal part of the fight. I believe the timer for it is 3 minutes (could be wrong).

I didnt read all answers here so some stuff i said is prob already said.

In all instances is skill more important than gear. Ofc when gear takes overhand like full rakata on BT you dont need much skill. And so on.

First boss on LI is the hardest, and I think that is good. If your not able to clear that then you most likely cant clear the rest. I hate to be able to clear everything except the last boss.

First boss is a messure of skill and gear. Like droid in EV, by my exp the "hardest" boss there.

Regarding tactics on first boss LI is just if you have Melee the tank kite the boss around and the rest go behind the boss. Simple enough. If your only ranged then most ppl know what to do.. The moving is about the same only you have the tank and the boss infront of you instead of in the middle. Potatoes or Potatoes, just dps the **** out of him.

As a sentinel/marauder I think there do need to be some changes to this FP.

I wouldn't call for a nerf though. perhaps a change to where the AOEs fall especially in the Droid boss and the doctor.

I would suggest a pattern, just so we have some place to stand while hitting them. Not even a big spot, in fact make it a small spot so you have to be on your toes about positioning. Having no place to stand slants it so heavily against melee as to make it too difficult.

Perhaps offset that with a slight buff to the damage the bosses deal.

I have full rakata/black hole fully augmented and have successfully beaten this place with my sent. I'm not saying it can't be done but it does need to change a little.

even so. incinerate doesn´t even factor in for a ranged group. when it´s a melee group the tank probably will get burned a few times when kiting. It´s not a problem i just cleanse it. The problem is if it spreads. usually i manage, but why should a fight be harder for melee than for ranged ? Just make incinerate not spread.

This FP is easy. I've done it once with a guild, once with some guildies and a PuG tank, and 2 GF ailies. The only reason I haven't done it more often is because not enough people queue for it. Also the droid is the easiest boss! I can one-shot him, and then lag on the second boss kills us because peeps cant get in and heal dont get tossed on time kills us and then missed cleanses and satchel charges kill us on the last boss. I've done it with melee DPS as the other DPS and this is Farmy McFarmsville. I've been gearing my alts through this.

The only issue i've found in this FP it's about "drop balance": i think there are more easy HM FP that drops better or even to LI, so i see no real point in doing it if you need equip, it's motivated only by the challenge (or daily BH comms ofc).

We've done it some days ago and the first boss (the one jumping over the pipes, i don't remember the name) dropped a Tionese implant and the last a columi piece (forgotten what), so whatever.

Kaon it's much more easier compared and it drops almost constantly Tionese, Exotech (columi equal with no set bonuses) and the final bosses Columi offhand and head.

So i repeat, i think it's "unbalanced" based on the drop/difficulty rate.

I think the main issue with this hardmode is the level of difficulty associated when you are using two melee or one melee. I am the main tank for my guild,full campaign as I farm Denova Hm regularly, and I have done this since it came out.I am tanking it depending on the group. For example, when I have two ranged with me, I tank on the mid platform and I constantly interrupt incinerate whilst the others interrupt other casts. I move according to my ranged and it is a piece of cake. The sentinel droid fight becomes Taral V easy. Now lets redo this fight with two melee. When this happens I am using an anti-clockwise movement from 7 o clock, to 5 o clock, to 3 o clock, etc with the healer and two melees grouped together behind the droid so they do not put domes in my path. This tactic is solid and yes I do have to move through the fire but i have no issue because I am sporting over 27k hp on my tank. Another reason for which people fail to beat this droid is the fact that the healer does not keep is cleanse on cooldown at all times. Many melee are trigger happy and a few sentinels come to mind. They are using leap to generate focus right at the time when the droid casts incinerate. The sentinel leap moves them in front of the droid and voila they die because of the incinerate.

In any case, when you use groupfinder you expect to wipe. The best part is when you see people in recruit gear q-ing for this one ;).

I wish! cause right now LR-5 is the hardest boss on hardmode! Something needs to change either by putting lava on a pattern insteaad of random, making the lighting aoe's smaller, or taking away his ability to shoot away from tank for a whole volley. Also, this FP is almost imposible for melee dps to complete because of LR-5, then the tank must do a screwy kiting job through the lava and if he dont get it just right the lighting aoe will trap the group in a corner. Any of those would help but i welcome anything else t help nerf this boss. The first real boss shouldn't be the hardest.

lol they already nerfed LR-5 shortly after it came out. There's a video of my friends and I doing it on normal mode on like the day it was released, and the bubbles ticked for twice as much dmg as they do on hard mode now.

Hey peeps.... LI HM is cake.... Honestly im not trying to brag about anything here but we clear LI HM in 20 mins with a FULL MELEE team of 3 Sith Assasins (1 Tank & 2 DPS) with a Healer Operative. Of course all of us are fully Blackhole geared with a high DPS output. We might even post a youtube clip if we manage to complete LI HM with a Full Melee team on youtube soon.

Basically if you get the mechanics down on every boss fights, it will be a breeze. DPS must help the tank to interupt the incenerate of the driod boss (in case he misses) and know how to pull him around the room. Being on vent or teamspeak helps for communication with each other to let the tank know when the lightning balls drops on the DPS.

LI HM is definately a challenge but not impossible to do. I used to have too much respect for LI HM in the past, but once i get the mechanics, it really is just another flashpoint which we can clear faster than KUS or FE HM.... :)

ok, the fight is piss easy, i get it. Just tell me why a fight should be harder for melee than for ranged. ??

the general consensus is that this is harder with a melee group. ofc it can be done. when your overgeared it´s even piss easy. but it is harder for melee than for ranged. Incinerate is only an issue for melee. not only is moving the boss making the fight a bit harder for especially for the tank, kiting also makes interupting harder. and with melee dps. sometimes the incinerate spreads if they´re not carefull. It´s just an extra thing to keep an eye on that ranged dont have to worry about.

Basicly, if you refuse to remove the incinerate spread. make the incinerate on a random group member. That way maybe dps will be more inclined to help interupt too. I just think it would make more sense to remove the spread and then maybe buff the damage of the burn.