REing other people's crafted armorings for schematics

JidaiDerriphan

I haven't tested it myself...but best bet would be to buy the cheapest green item on the gtn that you don't know the blue version as a test. Then when you click RE, the tooltip will either say ''20% chance to learn a new schematic'' or else ''no research available''.

I don't think you can anymore. There was a big "uproar" about it around the time 2.0 came out and Bioware sided with the people who didn't want that functionality.

If I remember correctly.

I believe you can still do this. And Bioware basically said it wasn't intentional but that they where not really bothered by it either. I can't remember where the thread is, but I do believe this is how it went down. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

And Bioware basically said it wasn't intentional but that they where not really bothered by it either. I can't remember where the thread is, but I do believe this is how it went down. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's pretty much correct. They also said that they might prevent it in the future, but I haven't personally seen any announcement of it having been changed.