Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Who needs enemies....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Who needs enemies....

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
07.07.2018 , 12:46 PM | #1
...with friends like that

It was a SR healer / tank match, the went to acid both rounds. I was focused first round. We went for unguarded dps (constant switch), but in retrospect we should probably have gone tt. Oh well.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
07.07.2018 , 02:35 PM | #2
So what happened, all I see is one team had far less DPS and two healers and lost. What else is going on here that I am missing?

Plus your L33t speech is confusing you sound like a pro now Lundorff. Translate what you are presenting here for plebs like myself.
Quote: Originally Posted by omeru View Post
There will be no real class balance change with this clown community manager who hates communication with players and terrible developer team.

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
07.07.2018 , 03:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
So what happened, all I see is one team had far less DPS and two healers and lost. What else is going on here that I am missing?

Plus your L33t speech is confusing you sound like a pro now Lundorff. Translate what you are presenting here for plebs like myself.
Lol

I am simply have a minor go at our tank and oper. Had the oper been able to pull the same numbers as the enemy oper, then we might have won.

And to translate the strategy speak, our plan was to focus their healer or sin; whichever wasn't guarded. I can see I wrote dps swtich above, and that should have been healer / sin switch. Unfortunately the plan didn't work, and I think we should have focused the tank instead (tank tunnel e.g. tt).

I did try to tunnel sin through guard halfway through the second round, as i could see that plan wasn't working. It did force the sin to cloack out, but alas it was too late to change the match, and they won again in acid.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
07.07.2018 , 05:40 PM | #4
Yeah people point out how quintessential healers are or tanks etc., but I'd rather run with a elite dps any day when i play heals.

I find stifling offense from great dps ends fights fast and also takes tons of pressure off me as a healer if the other teams dps have to help their heals with support.

It's a rare dps operative that puts up big numbers though, so I aint surprised your op did subpar damage.

It's surprising to me because the few very good dps operatives are really quite effective. They got so many roots, interrupts, and actually got decent punch on their burst.

I just don't run into many great dps operatives though. Luckily.
Quote: Originally Posted by omeru View Post
There will be no real class balance change with this clown community manager who hates communication with players and terrible developer team.

Floplag's Avatar


Floplag
07.08.2018 , 09:57 AM | #5
A great dps op is in my opinion the most dangerous thing in the game.
Not that my opinion has any meaning to the cool kids, but thats never really bothered me
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
07.08.2018 , 11:14 AM | #6
Lundorff.......

You are of the opinion that jugg is not viable in arenas. Why exactly would you decide whether or not someone else is playing well?

You can tell a lot about a players skill level by their comments on class balance. Which Dcds they think are broken, which classes they think are more viable... which classes are on top in 1v1/team scenarios.

It is rather silly when the people who call for the most "buffs" and most "nerfs" often times don't measure up in the long run.

Having "1208" elo on mara in 2018.... and you're claiming your team needs to step it up?

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
07.08.2018 , 02:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
Lundorff.......

You are of the opinion that jugg is not viable in arenas. Why exactly would you decide whether or not someone else is playing well?
DPS juggs are not viable for solo ranked period. I have yet to find a single one that did it exclusively as a dps and didn't cheat his way and managed to reach gold rating. Tank-spec are different story altogether.

Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
Having "1208" elo on mara in 2018.... and you're claiming your team needs to step it up?
What in the world are you babbling about? I have never claimed I was particular good on any class and the highest I managed on my mara this season was 1492. But that has absolutely no baring on this thread. You seems to be surprisingly b***hurt, so perhaps you are the oper that couldn't pull his weight in this match lol... Go troll someone else.

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
07.08.2018 , 06:15 PM | #8
I highly doubt that was "my" operative. I play lethality.

and second. the jugg is vaible. You just think it isn't because your experience is "not vaible". I've said before, I got silver on dps jugg.................. before ED was buffed. Before. (in case there is any doubt in your mind, my jugg had about 70 matchs to silver. it was no 700 matchs, and I finally capped silver at long last. But I like to reroll toons too much, and I couldnt care less about ranked after 3 seasons of trash rewards, so I stopped useing him. since I mained my 248 jugg who will give me the weapon box I have rerolled and ranked with about 7 new juggs.)

I will admit that Jugg is not a "carry class" like merc, or mara, or tnk/hls, but with equal skill teammates, awareness of your class and how it works, Jugg is not broken, or worthless. When I lost my rating, it wasn't because I got "destroyed" by RA maras, or mercs, it was because when solo ranked mats got fixed there was a waterfall of people who had no business in ranked on every team.

https://ibb.co/jfyYE8

this picture is very normal, and if you looked up tyd on the leaderboard, you would see a very average stable climb to 1500 and then... a legit cliff drop in one day.

(if your wondering why hes tank spec in that it was for gr, not solos. in fact the only login that toon sees period is gr. and that was like... 3 months ago

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
07.08.2018 , 11:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
I highly doubt that was "my" operative. I play lethality.

and second. the jugg is vaible. You just think it isn't because your experience is "not vaible". I've said before, I got silver on dps jugg.................. before ED was buffed. Before. (in case there is any doubt in your mind, my jugg had about 70 matchs to silver. it was no 700 matchs, and I finally capped silver at long last. But I like to reroll toons too much, and I couldnt care less about ranked after 3 seasons of trash rewards, so I stopped useing him. since I mained my 248 jugg who will give me the weapon box I have rerolled and ranked with about 7 new juggs.)

I will admit that Jugg is not a "carry class" like merc, or mara, or tnk/hls, but with equal skill teammates, awareness of your class and how it works, Jugg is not broken, or worthless. When I lost my rating, it wasn't because I got "destroyed" by RA maras, or mercs, it was because when solo ranked mats got fixed there was a waterfall of people who had no business in ranked on every team.

https://ibb.co/jfyYE8

this picture is very normal, and if you looked up tyd on the leaderboard, you would see a very average stable climb to 1500 and then... a legit cliff drop in one day.

(if your wondering why hes tank spec in that it was for gr, not solos. in fact the only login that toon sees period is gr. and that was like... 3 months ago
Yes I also got silver on my jugg as dps. That still does not mean the class is viable. But you are free to believe whatever you want, I really don't care.