Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So let me get this straight... (50 PVP)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So let me get this straight... (50 PVP)

FtDParadox
12.29.2011 , 08:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheneria View Post
so?

best balance is when everyone has the same gear don't you agree?

so people can't blame their lose on their inferior gear.

EXAMPLE: Guild Wars

Yes, I agree.

The whole gear to be good idea is a bad one.

Gear for pure ascetics is best.

EDIT:
Besides, the whole idea of doing PvP oriented around grinding to get the top tier gear is *********** retarded.

You PvP to beat others, ideally not in comparison as to who has the best gear but who has the most skill. It feels like MMOs (LIKE WOW) throw in the gear aspect to close the divide between good players and the bad ones. This is so extremely carebear.

Make all the gear the same, offer the PvP additions as mods (for cheap) and give us some Guild Vs Guild battles (GLOBAL) with a rating system that lets us compete for rank rather than items.

Darth_Eclipses
12.29.2011 , 08:38 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by FtDParadox View Post

You PvP to beat others, ideally not in comparison as to who has the best gear but who has the most skill. It feels like MMOs (LIKE WOW) throw in the gear aspect to close the divide between good players and the bad ones. This is so extremely carebear.
No, they do it so you have a grind and continue your subscription from month to month. Always have that little carrot dangling in front of your face.

As you said and another poster alluded to, only GW has the brass to do PvP right - because they don't have an onus of monthly subscription fees over their head.

STD_Skindancer
12.29.2011 , 08:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sheneria View Post
so?

best balance is when everyone has the same gear don't you agree?

so people can't blame their lose on their inferior gear.
who cares what they blame their loses on....I dont. the point being is that gear isnt hard to come across and people still complain about the bags.
Skin
If you are tired of the same old stuff that you left WoW for check out Guild Wars 2! See you there!

FtDParadox
12.29.2011 , 08:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Eclipses View Post
No, they do it so you have a grind and continue your subscription from month to month. Always have that little carrot dangling in front of your face.

As you said and another poster alluded to, only GW has the brass to do PvP right - because they don't have an onus of monthly subscription fees over their head.

Its a freaking shame too

I just realized....

These fackers were too busy spending millions of dollars making an interactive 3D MOVIE to spend a few million on designing a decent PvP experience.

Red_Cruiser
12.29.2011 , 08:55 PM | #15
All I do on my level 50 is the daily quest and the weekly quest and then convert warzone points to merc points as needed. Engaging in more SWTOR PvP than that is just pure masochism. At it's best it's an enjoyable alternative to the PvE... much like the Star Wars Fox is... at it's worse, it's just a frustrating series of constant knockback/stun/immobilizes all delivered with very bad feedback, responsiveness and lag.