Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Instead of decreasing, Increase most AOE too 8m Radius.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Instead of decreasing, Increase most AOE too 8m Radius.

Indovince
05.30.2016 , 09:51 PM | #1
AOE = Area Of Effect
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey everyone!

Considering update 4,5 is tomorrow and the decrease of ''Death Field'' / ''Force in Balance'' too 5m Radius (was 8m Radius), I want to ask, instead of decreasing AOE's in the game to make it all the same of 5m Radius, please increase it and make it for all classes for example a 8m AOE.

The game is in my humble opinion (+ for a lot of people I know off) loosing in a lot of ways its epicness, and this trend of decreasing too 5m AOE radius, is again another blow for this game.
This must be brought to an halt or changed.
5m AOE looks okay, but an 8m AOE for a lot of AOE powers in the game looks more cool and epic.
So please make AOE more epic by making them 8m instead of 5m Radius.
I never understood why they would not make force sweep for example/vigilant trust more cooler to make it a 8m radius instead of 5m.
I see allready the next step what is coming, we will loose our epic cool looking Force Storm of 8m Radius.
1 of the most cool looking powers in the game.
If that happens then that will be an huge blow again to the game.. so many will be upset about it.
But I do not understand this, we have such an cool game and every class has an cool looking energy/force power AOE in the game what looks way more epic in 8m radius instead of 5m.
There is a reason why you guys at bioware designed ''Death Field'' / ''Force in Balance'' in the first place to be 8m radius instead of 5m radius.
So I implore you make all AOE in the game more epic and increase them a bit in size, too make them look cooler, for example with an impact radius of 8m.
Its a simple and better fix imo, so please I beg you, give us some epic feeling again to the game.

Best wishes to you all,
Vin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Note:
I do hope tomorrows 4,5 update does not decrease ''Death Field'' / ''Force in Balance'' animation too!! I can live for now with an 5m radius impact range but not if the animation is smaller too.

peter_plankskull
05.30.2016 , 09:52 PM | #2
Secretly a thread to preserve the power of the mighty Sorc .

squirrelballz
05.30.2016 , 09:59 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by peter_plankskull View Post
I knew it!

*Goes and grabs his tin-foil hat*
Referral Link
Referral Benefits
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to
depend greatly on our own point of view." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Indovince
05.30.2016 , 10:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by peter_plankskull View Post
No this is an post regarding all AOE's in the game, not only the sorcerer, the sorcerer/sage death field/force in balance decrease is just the latest nerf too the AOE's in the game.

So the thread is about making all AOE's look cooler (8m Radius), in this way neither the sage/sorcerer has an edge above the other classes, + it makes the game much more fun and cooler.
I think a lot of people find vigilant trust for example much cooler with an 8m impact radius instead of 5m, or throwing grenades as smuggler with an 8m radius more fun then 5m.

Nightblazer
05.30.2016 , 10:27 PM | #5
I would probably post this in the suggestion box
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Bakgrind
05.30.2016 , 10:40 PM | #6
I get what you are saying , but It sounds like it is Bioware's way of bringing ranged classes closer to the fight and more into melee range instead of standing off 30 meters spamming aoe attacks in relative safety. It's just all part of that never ending class balance that keeps going on.

sugarnails
05.31.2016 , 12:09 AM | #7
Actually, I agree with this. There are far too many spread out groups of mobs for 5 meters to be the standard aoe radius. Musco's Marathon stream is a good example of how often 5 meter aoes fail to hit the mobs you want it to. At one point he even thinks it's bugged. It's not bugged, just nearly worthless, thanks to such a small radius.

ivanhedgehog
05.31.2016 , 12:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bakgrind View Post
I get what you are saying , but It sounds like it is Bioware's way of bringing ranged classes closer to the fight and more into melee range instead of standing off 30 meters spamming aoe attacks in relative safety. It's just all part of that never ending class balance that keeps going on.
then they need to balance armor and let all ranged have mitigation. if you are going to balance, actually do it. or maybe they can just change powers to have different effects in pve and pvp

Thiil
05.31.2016 , 12:57 AM | #9
This is turning into a singleplayer MMO, so why even have AOE?

Opaknack
05.31.2016 , 01:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Thiil View Post
This is turning into a singleplayer MMO, so why even have AOE?

To kill mobs on "heroic" quests with 1 skill because the right hand it needs to surf through the tv channels or hold a coke.
Otherwise this game would be to difficult.