Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing...all you need to know why it will be nerfed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing...all you need to know why it will be nerfed.

BourbonDingo
12.24.2011 , 05:41 PM | #51
The single biggest issue I see with people who complain about slicing is not a single person takes into account that you are no longer spending money on other crafting skills.

While questing as my Jedi Knight, I was using Artifice with requisite gathering skills. I always barely had any money, but I stopped doing anything with crafting after level 20, and lo and behold... I had almost 60k credits when I went to purchase my Speeder License.

My Smuggler, who started slicing as soon as he could, had 100k credits at the same level.

So, slicing netted me 40,000 credits over the course of leveling (fairly intensely) to 25.

From what I am seeing, Slicing is front-loaded profit, and everything else is back-loaded profit.

KruczoCzarny
12.24.2011 , 05:51 PM | #52
Slicing in his own gives us money - we don't need to "beg for it" from other players to get profit, so that's why its looks so profitable and it's easier way to earn.

PvP area on Tatooine. About 6-8 boxes laying on the ground that require slicing at 350+. Each gives a lockbox with more then 2k credits (sometimes 4-5k). With one run on that area I can earn 20k+ credits with cost only in time (~ 5 miutes, no more). So yeah, it's easy cash.

From the other hand Slicing provide me amount of cash that I can spend on my training and improving others skills without worries about money, but still I dont have more then 100-150k when I'm also leveling. So for "normal" playing Slicing provide a fair amount of cash, it isn't too OP. Still, it is easy way to "makin money" with bots cause it gives money directly. They're are literally "laying on the ground".

For me main problem is in others skills/economy of swtor. Especially commodations, where great gear can be bought after few missions/pvp battles, which kills need of using auctions. You dont need items from anywhere else then missions/commodations vendor, so there's no demand on market for gear from other skills. No demand - no money = crafting skills useless.
Let's Rock!

Felfyron
12.26.2011 , 05:22 PM | #53
I have a question about slicing. I've been playing since beta, but only just now picked up slicing (yesterday). So far, I've got a bunch of mods from the augments trips, and haven't found where to use them yet. I have artifice on my main, and the enhancements can be used on any orange item, as far as I know, but the mods I get in slicing don't seem to be applicable to chest pieces, boots, weapons, etc. Am I just retarded, or do they go on something like earpieces or helms, or pieces I haven't yet acquired...?

Korialstrazs
12.26.2011 , 05:32 PM | #54
Augments only occur in a crit craft of a green, blue or purple item.
"I've yet to face anything I can't overcome"

SithNub
12.26.2011 , 06:12 PM | #55
OP pulling numbers out of his ***.

/thread

Picoom
12.26.2011 , 06:25 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
1 Account-6 characters-5 companions. Assume a 5k net per hour per companion (Much higher)

6x5=30
30x5000
150k an hour

3.6 million a day.
25.3 million a week.

Assume 10 accounts
36 million a day
253 million a week

Assume 100 accounts
360 million a day
2.53 billion a week

And all you need is one china farmer switching accounts hitting a button.

Do I even need to say anything else?

Edit: Since people are so adamant about saying I am full of it. Please refer to this spreadsheet. It easily shows several missions at 100+ credits a minute. I am so sorry that most of you naysayers can't figure out that it is not optimal to run 400 level missions just because you have 400 slicing.
Yes, I'm sure everybody will be grinding 6 characters to level 50, because that's when you can use all 5 companions.

Oh yea, and they'll also get all 30 companions, 6 chars * 5 companions each, affections up to 10000.

Please get real asap.