Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball leaf blowers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball leaf blowers

ZeffSide
12.26.2011 , 01:48 PM | #1
TL;DR The leaf blowers suck! Remove them completly.

Sup with them? Sometimes you land perfectly on the opposing teams platform and get a quick 15 second cap, othertimes you find yourself flying back to the middle where the whole enemy team is wating for you, or even better, you land in the fire/green goo.

I understand that the one who was behind the idea thought it would bring flavour to the game. 'Either I can take this route and end up in Arktica if i'm unlucky or I can take the more toublesome but safer route'.

Was it a good idea? **** NO! Let me tell you why. Since the dawn of MMO's developers have used something called RNG (random number generator). RNG was a great way to lengthen different aspects of a game, say if u wanted to farm new bracers you had to get 4 leather scraps which dropped of wolfs. In the end you maybe had to kill 20 wolf instead of just the 4. It was great, people didn't complain because they knew the value of hard work and that they would eventually get what they wanted.

Then developers decided to bring the phenomenon into PvP and let me tell you that RNG does NOT belong in PvP. It jeopardizes and comprimises everything, you end up feeling cheated of a victory. No matter how well built a game is there is no way you can call it competitive when RNG like this exists.

My opinion: Remove the damn leaf blowers because they are pointless.

Tservo
12.26.2011 , 01:58 PM | #2
I use them to escape combat sometimes. Otherwise I don't know why you're jumping on them.

ZeffSide
12.26.2011 , 02:42 PM | #3
Imagine the game being 3-2 minute left, assassin picks up the ball right. Runs to the leaf blowers and lands perfectly on your side, quickly sprints over the fire platforms and gets a quick cap. Why did nobody stop him? Because your team got blown to the other side of the map trying to catch up using the same route.

This is just an example, don't bring up arguments towards it. There are plenty of scenarios.

ZeffSide
12.26.2011 , 03:17 PM | #4
Imagine the game being 3-2 minute left, assassin picks up the ball right. Runs to the leaf blowers and lands perfectly on your side, quickly sprints over the fire platforms and gets a quick cap. Why did nobody stop him? Because your team got blown to the other side of the map trying to catch up using the same route.

This is just an example, don't bring up arguments towards it. There are plenty of scenarios.