Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Joesixxpack
07.28.2014 , 11:46 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Idk about spending CC's to get Housing Unlocks but I know I will be spending quite a lot of credits and time in decorating my house on Tat, prolly start on NS to get used to it.
Great I hope you enjoy it.

I like ING housing in general, but weighing this stuff out so far it doesn't hold enough appeal for me to bother with.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

BuriDogshin
07.28.2014 , 11:49 AM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
Legacy Storage is being touted as mostly being useful for crafting materials (we all know it's not good for much else!).
Sorry, disagree. Given that getting to a Stronghold and back takes about 30 seconds, Legacy Storage becomes an excellent shared Weapons Locker for your legacy.

For example: last night my wife and I were finishing the Makeb story line on Makeb on our Jugs. Using a DPS companions wasn't getting the job done on the fight with the Archon, so I borrowed a set of Legacy Aim gear from another alt, put it on Treek, and even though the fight glitched took the Archon down.

That took a few minutes because I had to log off, log on to the alt, mail stuff, log off, log on, get a mail droid, regroup, etc. Then later I had to send all the gear back and repeat the process in reverse.

If only I had my Stronghold, I thought!
I could have QT'd to the Stronghold, grabbed the gear from Legacy Storage, QTd back - in less than a minute. And later I'd repeat the process to put the gear back. All without even leaving the group.
Z'nnah/Src- Z-ko/Op - Z'brah/Sin- Z'licious/Snp- Z'yla/Jg - Z'rawks/Mrc- Z'lot/PT- Z'reign/Src- Mewsic/Mar- Z'noform/Jg
Z'rho/Guar - Z'abrak/Scou - C'enna/Sage - Cymarose/Vang- C'rene/20'GS - C'deuced/21'Shad
Harbinger

BuriDogshin
07.28.2014 , 11:52 AM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
It's a bit over priced for it's function.
How is one tab for free overpriced? It's a bargain.
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
If it allowed the transfer of BoE gear to legacy toons then I could see having a massive upfront fee, not only to store those BoE equipment but for the ability to transfer them to legacy alts.
It does allow Bind-on-Equip (BoE) gear to be stored and transferred, and Bound-to-Legacy gear as well. You just cannot regular Bound gear in it.
Z'nnah/Src- Z-ko/Op - Z'brah/Sin- Z'licious/Snp- Z'yla/Jg - Z'rawks/Mrc- Z'lot/PT- Z'reign/Src- Mewsic/Mar- Z'noform/Jg
Z'rho/Guar - Z'abrak/Scou - C'enna/Sage - Cymarose/Vang- C'rene/20'GS - C'deuced/21'Shad
Harbinger

DarthTHC
07.28.2014 , 11:54 AM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Another thing I don't get is why they decided to put all of this ultra-expensive stuff in one patch. So, now if my guild wants a ship, I need to contribute a significant number of credits to get that. If I want legacy storage, I need to spend a significant number of credits to unlock that. If I want more than one stronghold, I have to spend a significant number of credits to unlock that. If I want to decorate my stronghold... well, you get the point.

I'm certainly not opposed to being patient. I have to be patient already because I play casually. But doing any ONE of these things will take me several months. It could take years if I want to partake in all of it. I already do a LOT of picking and choosing for content. Lots of people do. Now we're getting cut out of some interesting new content just because BW decided that everyone can just sneeze and be rich in the game.

Why drop all of this at once? Couldn't it have been introduced a little more thoughtfully, over time? At least I would have had the false hope of making progress for a little while. Now I just... I just don't and I just won't.
Just pretend they didn't drop it all at once, but instead dropped it in exactly the priority order you would have liked it to be dropped in. Then acquire the things in that priority order.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

AlienEyeTX
07.28.2014 , 11:58 AM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Just pretend they didn't drop it all at once, but instead dropped it in exactly the priority order you would have liked it to be dropped in. Then acquire the things in that priority order.
Yeah, it's going to be great around this time next year when I can afford the second tab of legacy storage.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Reno_Tarshil
07.28.2014 , 11:59 AM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Yeah, it's going to be great around this time next year when I can afford the second tab of legacy storage.
Is it going to take you a year to earn 5 million?
The Ragestar Legacy
[Living Legend]
"Deal with it."
http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuffs

AlienEyeTX
07.28.2014 , 12:01 PM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Is it going to take you a year to earn 5 million?
Very possibly. Unless I absolutely resolve to not spend any credits on anything else. Then it will take 6 or 8 months, I reckon.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Quraswren
07.28.2014 , 12:07 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by BuriDogshin View Post
How is one tab for free overpriced? It's a bargain.
Sorry but one tab wont even hold just the high end mats I have on one toon.

A maximum of 5 tabs for 50 million is not nearly enough to hold all the mats I have across every toon for every gathering profession.

It is overpriced for it's limited usage.

Quote:
It does allow Bind-on-Equip (BoE) gear to be stored and transferred, and Bound-to-Legacy gear as well. You just cannot regular Bound gear in it.
And my point is that even if it's already bound, for 50 million credits, you should be able to take off your bound implant and send it to your alt which might just be your RP wife.

for 50 million credits the Legacy storage should act more like a legacy gear in how it transfers bound items. It needs more functionality for that kind of credit drop as well as more space.

BuriDogshin
07.28.2014 , 12:08 PM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Ding. The target customer base can afford to buy it. We just don't have a reason to buy it.
What you mean "we"? I have a reason, two other players I run with have a reason, and we will all be expanding the Legacy Storage to the max on the day of release for a combination of credits and CC's. All three of us have run on the PTS, we all like the Strongholds quite a bit, and we all know how we will be using the Legacy Storage tabs.

BW might drop the price later, just like they did with Rise of the Hutts. We don't care. For us, it's worth it at the current PTS prices. YMMV, but at least you get one tab for free, right? Start using that, you'll probably be back for more.

That's probably why BW is giving it to you for free but only a first taste. It's a classic tactic.
Harbinger

Oneirophrenia
07.28.2014 , 12:13 PM | #260
50 million credits? Hell, most players don't play TOR long enough to cumulatively accumulate that many credits.

I wonder what crackpipe BW was smoking from when they made this pricing decision.