Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic/Imperial Containment Officer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Republic/Imperial Containment Officer

david_tm
07.27.2014 , 11:08 PM | #1
Since not all of was there for the first Rakghoul event... Is there a chance BW will bring these sets? BW Please answer

PS
I'm missing Republic Containment Officer for achievement

AshlaBoga
07.28.2014 , 12:03 AM | #2
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Tying a one time event to a Meta achievement AFTER the fact is an mmo no no.

You're supposed to do that BEFOREHAND.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

jankiel
07.28.2014 , 02:17 AM | #3
I'd love them as well.

Vis-Tecum
07.28.2014 , 02:51 AM | #4
im torn on this topic

my imperial containment armor is one of the only things I have that shows I was there in the beginning that has not been added to the game in some way since

but that early in the game I did not grind out the republic armor on my pub toon [honestly the original event was sooo much fun I was in game on my main with my guild the entire time ...no time for crappy pub alts ] so if they never put these back in game I wont ever be able to get the achievement. so damned if they do damned if they don't

if I think about it I personally would rather have them stay exclusive, its not like im grinding out the dread seed armor anyway

honestly they should just be removed from that achievement. the armors ugly and wasn't like it was hard to get, anyone who was in game should have at least one. the only reason people want it is to complete the achievement and it would make both parties happy if it stayed exclusive and everyone was still able to get the achievement / title
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

AshlaBoga
07.28.2014 , 02:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Vis-Tecum View Post
im torn on this topic

my imperial containment armor is one of the only things I have that shows I was there that has not been added to the game in some way since

but that early in the game I did not grind out the republic armor on my pub toon [honestly the original event was sooo much fun I was in game one my main with my guild the entire time ...no time for crappy pub alts ] so if they never put these back in game I wont ever be able to get the achievement. so damned if they do damned if they don't

if I think about it I personally would rather have them stay exclusive, its not like im grinding out the dread seed armor anyway

honestly they should just be removed from that achievement. the armors ugly and wasn't like it was hard to get, anyone who was in game should have at least one. the only reason people want it is to complete the achievement and it would make both parties happy if it stayed exclusive and everyone was still able to get the achievement / title
This.

If you make something part of a Meta achievement you can't do so retroactively because there are many people who may have vendored that set and are now screwed.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Varium
07.28.2014 , 04:39 AM | #6
They could though rename the original one to Classic containment armor and but a new one in the THORN events named Fake Containment armor and both count towards the achievement, Im missing imperial one also, no imp alts yet.
Obligatory SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/43YdkT 7 day sub, etc etc.

Andrellma
07.28.2014 , 08:19 AM | #7
I'm fine with the armor not coming back, but it should be removed from the achievement. Perhaps given its own, 0 point achievement (kinda like the CE minipet).

I'm not saying that they can't add items that will become unobtainable to achievement requirements in the future, but when these items came out, the achievement system was not currently in place, and there was no indication that an achievement system was even in the works, much less that these items would be tied to it.

DataBeaver
07.28.2014 , 09:24 AM | #8
I believe a certain other game moves no-longer-attainable achievements to a "Feats of strength" category, which doesn't count towards overall achievement completion percentage. That way it's possible to reach 100% at any point of the game's lifespan, and those that did get the achievements get to keep them for showing off.

The possession achievements in general could use some updates. There aren't any for reputation armors for instance.

AlrikFassbauer
08.02.2014 , 04:00 AM | #9
If these armor sets became available again, a BEEEPstorm of entitled players sould invade these forums ... few, but loud ...
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

Selenial
08.02.2014 , 04:08 AM | #10
No.

Call me entitled all you want, don't give a **** what you think if you do.

I got the republic Containment officer kit on a level 45 sentinel, got ganked so many times by 50's in full battle master, but I kept going. That event was hard for anyone not level 50 trying to do it, but they kept it open for everyone.

Anyone around at that time deserves their cool armor piece, that just happens to be the rarest armor in the game, why do you think that because you decided to join the game over a year after it came out, that you deserve the armor? Simply because it's in an achievement?

That's entitlement.

However getting it removed from the Achievement system is fine...
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage