The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in San Diego, California!

YES!

And the day I'm going to Comic-Con! So stoked! Is it going to be open to the public or will you need to RSVP prior?

I just ask because given the crowd drawn from Comic-Con, I can easily see a building reaching capacity.

Edited by Kremsau

Hey everyone!

We are back at the Commons Bar this year for our Cantina Tour Event in San Diego. If you are at Comic-Con or just in the area, please stop by and hang out with us!

Looking forward to seeing some of y'all there! :jawa_angel:

San Diego just burnt up lol! Come to Orlando Florida we never have fires here and we have pie :D

San Diego just burnt up lol! Come to Orlando Florida we never have fires here and we have pie :D

Lol, nothing in the actual city burned, it was the brush in the suburban outskirts.

Yeah, the humidity in FL is so thick it would just put a fire out before it starts. :p

Edited by chuixupu

Lol, nothing in the actual city burned, it was the brush in the suburban outskirts.

Yeah, the humidity in FL is so thick it would just put a fire out before it starts. :p

Yeah I was kinda joking but California is going through a major drought and water shortage and it's very expensive. Florida is affordable and lots and lots of humidity here I love it. But I wonder why California gets all the good events even Star Wars celebration just moved there from Orlando but now we got nothing.

Next time? They've had several east coast and european events in the past already. Don't miss them when they do it again. :p

Yeah, so what else is new, hehe. I've been living in SoCal for 36 years, even when we've had a sh*t ton of rain they still tell us we're in a drought. They don't expect people to travel to cantina events from other states, but people will be in town because of Comic-Con.

There's a reason why things like this exist...Florida is America's Wang, man. You don't want to live in the wang.

http://floridamanandwoman.tumblr.com/

http://www.reddit.com/r/floridaman

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/reasons-why-florida-is-the-craziest-state

http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2012/09/18/gallup-florida-among-10-worst-states.html

:D

The Orlando area has a good sized video game culture here, there's video game colleges here Full Fail, Dave School, etc, a nice handful of development studios around the Orlando area even EA Tiburon and Artix Entertainment is here (well Artix is over next to Tampa but within arms reach). But we rarely have any events here because nobody wants to take the risk.

I'm originally from Los Gatos California and I got out of there because it's expensive and it still is I've heard.

Dude, my city is not the "outskirts". Psh. We had 10 fires happening at once. Glad there wasn't anything else going on last week. Downtown SD is always ridiculous during SDCC, but I'll chance it to come say hi to the SWTOR team. Anything with the SWTOR team happening at the BioWare base?

Dude, my city is not the "outskirts". Psh. We had 10 fires happening at once. Glad there wasn't anything else going on last week.

Maybe "outskirts" is a poor word, but I meant there was no danger of the city proper burning. I'm in Carlsbad, my fiance's home was under mandatory evacuation and pretty much every bit of natural brush around it and a few buildings burned. Fortunately the damage to homes and structures in the area was very minimal. If you saw the school that almost burned on the news, he lives within walking distance from there.

Downtown SD is always ridiculous during SDCC, but I'll chance it to come say hi to the SWTOR team. Anything with the SWTOR team happening at the BioWare base?

The best thing to do if you're coming from outside Downtown is to park at QualCom and take the trolley down. Free parking there and the ticket is about $7 IIRC. It takes you straight to the convention center. Parking around downtown is a *****.

Edited by chuixupu

My brother-in-law's parents place in Carlsbad burned. :(

Edit: I should add that it didn't burn to the ground. There was a fair amount of damage on the outside, but the inside was relatively ok.

Edited by CmdrShpd

• 1 month later...
How do we RSVP? I'm going to Comic Con this year and have been playing the game since December 2011.

To RSVP, you need to go to the Facebook event page and click on "Join" in the upper right-hand corner. However, as they write on the page, you do not need to RSVP, you can just go there spontaneously.

The RSVPs are just for them to estimate whether there will be 50, 100 or 200 people at the event.

• 3 weeks later...
The Orlando area has a good sized video game culture here, there's video game colleges here Full Fail, Dave School, etc, a nice handful of development studios around the Orlando area even EA Tiburon and Artix Entertainment is here (well Artix is over next to Tampa but within arms reach). But we rarely have any events here because nobody wants to take the risk.

I'm originally from Los Gatos California and I got out of there because it's expensive and it still is I've heard.

Orlando FTW my neighbor

• 8 months later...