Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

LFM Etiquette


slafko's Avatar


slafko
06.11.2014 , 07:12 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
Slafko sounds like tank I gladly follow lead of.
This is the nicest thing anyone on these forums ever said to me.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

dragoonspower's Avatar


dragoonspower
06.11.2014 , 12:09 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Tacticwise I do agree people SHOULD know tactics. With the abundance of guides both in written form on swtor and other sites like dulfy or youtube there is NO reason whatsoever to not know tactics.
I have seen only a few people when doing pugs who said they were 1st timers but have looked up guides and videos. THATS the attitude. If you want to be carried like that you should join a guild who can provide it for you. If you can't join a guild than I suggest you read dulfy and/or watch youtube videos.

FYI. SM runs are not primarily meant as gearing runs. Back in the old days we had N(ormal)M(ode), H(ard)M(ode) and Ni(ghtmare)M(ode). NM got changed to S(tory)M(ode) so anyone who wanted to just enjoy the story could do the content. The focus was to make it so that more people could clear content. Nowadays the endgame SM opses are way easier than the NM opses when Rakata (58/140) was the best available so I guess that bioware has achieved her goal.
I disagree with the everyone should know tactics. I don't know hardly any of the tactics to any of the OPs. But I let the OP leader know I don't and ask for them to give me a quick run down of my part. I have been kicked before by some self righteous jerk that couldn't take 2 seconds to say hey this is what you need to do. I have also been kicked for low HP. How can someone learn tactics without first hand experience. Just watching videos won't help. You got to get in there and learn the runs. Yeah you can watch the videos. But if that's all you do and not run an actual run you are just asking for a wipe.

dragoonspower's Avatar


dragoonspower
06.11.2014 , 12:19 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Adaliaya View Post
Slafko sounds like tank I gladly follow lead of. But yet I have ran to tanks like following example:

Tank is clearly quite new (Red Reaper SM) based on fact he has Force Techique on. I (Sage Healer) ask him to keep track on spawning adds and also switch stance. Silence. Soon all expect "nOOb" n and b on caps response: Don't tell me what to do, I am leader. You nOOb healer just keep me alive"
Well, adds killed me and rest followed. I got kicked for reason nOOb ... I loled watching loadbar
This is very unlucky example but these are tanks I don't like to follow
I had a similar experience. In a DPS on a FP run of HM hammer station. I was asked to tank. I sad I couldn't because 1 wasn't specced for it and 2 didn't have my tank gear on. i was asked only because the tank kept wiping and I had higher HP. I told them I wasn't geared or specced right and the kicked me because I couldn't tank. But yet they kept the actual tank who kept getting wiped. Made no sense to me. Kinda pissed me off n a way.

Dras_Keto's Avatar


Dras_Keto
06.11.2014 , 06:50 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by dragoonspower View Post
I had a similar experience. In a DPS on a FP run of HM hammer station. I was asked to tank. I sad I couldn't because 1 wasn't specced for it and 2 didn't have my tank gear on. i was asked only because the tank kept wiping and I had higher HP. I told them I wasn't geared or specced right and the kicked me because I couldn't tank. But yet they kept the actual tank who kept getting wiped. Made no sense to me. Kinda pissed me off n a way.
Most people you see in flashpoints checked their brain at the load screen.

Fidelicatessen's Avatar


Fidelicatessen
06.12.2014 , 04:06 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Dras_Keto View Post
Most people you see in flashpoints checked their brain at the load screen.
You are assuming they actually have one and they left it behind? Interesting.