Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Joesixxpack
05.27.2014 , 11:15 AM | #7111
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Premades are still ruining warzones. It is not a subject for debate, it is provable by the very fact that me and others like me say so. Premades do ruin the warzone experience for many of us. If you don't believe me just read though the posts in this thread for proof that what I am saying is true.
If I was feeling scientific and bored I'd commission a study to explore correlations between people who don't think very well and demonization of premades.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

DarthOvertone
05.27.2014 , 12:29 PM | #7112
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Who would eat a steak that someone spit on...knowingly? Where do you keep coming up with these terrible analogies?
Why does reading this guy's posts remind me of quips made by Bones McCoy?

Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Premades do ruin regular warzones for me and for many others who have posted in this thread.
You know...you should really get together with the other three people that individually posted about 100 times in this thread and just make...well...your own premade.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Bads ruin WZ's.

PS: I love premading against peeps like you. Soooo fun.

PSS: Will never change, how does that feel?
LOL
Alphabolt - Alphanoob - Alphawood - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - #1 Stronk PvP Server
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

MotorCityMan
05.27.2014 , 12:35 PM | #7113
The key to sustained interest and participation is uncertainty of outcome, or parity. Mismatches are predictable and boring. Eventually people quit playing.

Joesixxpack
05.27.2014 , 12:43 PM | #7114
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
The key to sustained interest and participation is uncertainty of outcome, or parity. Mismatches are predictable and boring. Eventually people quit playing.
I'm sure things vary by server. I've played on a total of 4 and found these things are consistent:

- Premades are more likely to suck or be dead weight screwing off than be dominators.
- Pugs are rarely evenly matched skill-wise. Usually a few carry the day or on occasion the majority of a team are good.
- Facerolling premades show up on Tuesday to get their weekly out of the way, otherwise not very common.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

SaddleBear
08.23.2014 , 11:56 AM | #7115
I'm done with this random group versus premade group crap in pvp. If you wanna group, have a battle plan, vent/mumble that's great but you need to play against another premade group not against a random group. I don't care if your wait time is long it's not a fair paring. BIO needs to queue groups against groups, individual against individuals. PvP is the only thing left in the game I find interesting and it's ruined when you get a score of 6 to 0 in huttball because the other group is a premade.

HaoZhao
08.23.2014 , 12:22 PM | #7116
LOL

If premades couldn't farm pugs, 90% of them would just quit the game altogether. Premades are the haven of the traditionally bad player who needs 3 other people + voice chat to survive.

DariusCalera
08.23.2014 , 12:27 PM | #7117
Quote: Originally Posted by SaddleBear View Post
I'm done with this random group versus premade group crap in pvp. If you wanna group, have a battle plan, vent/mumble that's great but you need to play against another premade group not against a random group. I don't care if your wait time is long it's not a fair paring. BIO needs to queue groups against groups, individual against individuals. PvP is the only thing left in the game I find interesting and it's ruined when you get a score of 6 to 0 in huttball because the other group is a premade.
I've seen 6-0 HBs with PUGs beating a premade and 6-0 in PUG vs PUG. So who is to blame in those instances?

People blame premades for losses when, a lot of times, it's just bad players on their team.

SaddleBear
08.23.2014 , 12:29 PM | #7118
I notice it at certain times. Mid-day Saturday, later on Sundays. A group of players from the same guild all operating together. I cast Challenging Call and boom, focus fired by all 4 within a couple seconds. The first few years I was like, ok, no big deal I'll just re-queue. But the premades are on when I want to play and it really sucks.

They also string cool-downs very effectively which you can only do if you're communicating via voice. It's much more difficult to keep from blowing a cooldown when you're not coordinating with another player.

Tellenn
08.23.2014 , 12:46 PM | #7119
More people have quit pvp over lack of matchmaking than would ever have left over a slightly longer wait. Now theres a tiny pvp playerbase and you have to wait for a pop anyway.
Makabe 60 Sage~Sondaica 55 Shadow~Velosa 55 Guard~Kambai 55 Sent~Arcker 55 Sling~Zemisor 3X Mando
Ankus 60 Sorc~Janas 55 Sin~Aminos 55 Jug~Xaninos 3X Mara~Kastius 55 PT~Yunoss 55 Op
Tel'en Legacy::The Progenitor

DomiSotto
08.23.2014 , 12:48 PM | #7120
Have you tried pairing up with someone, if you don't like building up a full team? As an insta-focused character finding an ally might prove just the strategy you need to help you outlast the first onslaught and the rest of the group to put heat on. Even if it is a generic pact of the 'you heal-I guard' nature right before the match. Sorry if it sounds noobish!

It woul be nice if it were more obvious whom the opposing team is going for. Sort of if we could see their focii