Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

SlightlySychotic
05.27.2014 , 10:24 AM | #7101
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
I believe necro'ing this thread should be worthy of capital punishment.
It happens because people are still upset about it. That makes it an issue, and it is one with weight.

However, this can be addressed without taking anything from solo or grouped players. The answer is simple: normal warzones need to be added to both solo and grouped ranked queues. The fact that this issue persists even now -- half a year after the addition of a solo queue -- can only mean that arenas alone cannot support ranked queues, that solo and grouped players would rather play in the general queue for ostensibly no reason rather than play in the ranked ones that offer recognition and awards. Arenas are unpopular and it stands to reason that they never will be popular.

The sooner the devs come to grips with this the better it will be for everyone.
Darth Sychotic: (Sith Juggernaut) "Whatever does not kill you has failed and must be made to pay egregiously for its error."
Kaz Keeno: (Scoundrel) "One day I hope we can just move on and put this whole 'trying-to-kill-me' nonsense behind us."

Exly
05.27.2014 , 10:30 AM | #7102
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Who would eat a steak that someone spit on...knowingly? Where do you keep coming up with these terrible analogies?
Go ahead and attack my analogies. My point still stands. Premades do ruin regular warzones for me and for many others who have posted in this thread.

cycao
05.27.2014 , 10:31 AM | #7103
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Go ahead and attack my analogies. My point still stands. Premades do ruin regular warzones for me and for many others who have posted in this thread.
Well premades don't ruin warzones for me, I'm going to go eat some shrimp for lunch now.

Mmurph
05.27.2014 , 10:34 AM | #7104
Ok, I see you spit on my steak, and I say that you ruined it, then you cut in to it and say that it tastes perfectly good to you. Once again, both people can be right even if they do not share the same opinion as each other.
I think a better example would be: I like my steak med-rare, you cooked it how you like it which is well done. I will no longer enjoy my steak, even though you like it (we could go the other way, but then I toss the steak on the grill a bit longer to my taste). But the argument you made isn't about that. You were saying premades are ruining warzones because you said so. You didn't say they were ruining it for you, you implied they were ruining it for everyone.

Exly
05.27.2014 , 10:38 AM | #7105
Quote: Originally Posted by Mmurph View Post
I think a better example would be: I like my steak med-rare, you cooked it how you like it which is well done. I will no longer enjoy my steak, even though you like it (we could go the other way, but then I toss the steak on the grill a bit longer to my taste). But the argument you made isn't about that. You were saying premades are ruining warzones because you said so. You didn't say they were ruining it for you, you implied they were ruining it for everyone.
Not for everyone, but not for just me either. Just read though this thread and you will see that their are others out there that agree with me.

Sangrar
05.27.2014 , 10:40 AM | #7106
Not for everyone, but not for just me either. Just read though this thread and you will see that their are others out there that agree with me.
yet at the same time there are many posts in this thread that disagree just to point that out.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Exly
05.27.2014 , 10:49 AM | #7107
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
yet at the same time there are many posts in this thread that disagree just to point that out.
That's why there should be different queues. That way people who agree with me could avoid playing against premades by joining a solo only queue, and those who disagree with me could join the queue that they prefer.

Kaos_KidSWTOR
05.27.2014 , 10:51 AM | #7108
You analogies are actually pretty good. and i do agree on the fact that Premades ruin my warzone expereince. though i think a counter to this would be to add an ingame VoIP for Groups, this would allow EVERYONE to easily call things out and promote teamwork, cause on Impside Harbinger, PvP is like pulling teeth....

Exly
05.27.2014 , 10:51 AM | #7109
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Well premades don't ruin warzones for me, I'm going to go eat some shrimp for lunch now.
Good for you. Enjoy your lunch.

DerTaran
05.27.2014 , 11:07 AM | #7110
Quote: Originally Posted by SlightlySychotic View Post
The answer is simple: normal warzones need to be added to both solo and grouped ranked queues.
I don't think that premades are ruining non-ranked warzones, but I really would love it.
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 60 Commando; Annakami 60 Vanguard; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 55 Scoundrel; Orokriste 55 Shadow
Amitha 55 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!