Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative Healing before level 30 - 45

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Operative Healing before level 30 - 45

themasterofevil
04.28.2014 , 03:02 PM | #1
I just got done playing a few pvp matches on my level 23 operative. I have a healing scoundrel level 55 and never seemed to struggle this much but that was a while ago. Now that im trying to level this toon, and since this weekend is double xp, I can't wait to get to 45 and get recouperative nanotech(kolto cloud). It really seems that before you get surgical probe or emergency medpack, operative or scoundrel healers SUCK SO MUCH. Out of all 5 or so games, i get focused so hard, that i can't stay alive in any way possible. My 55 scoundrel can stay alive fairly easily by poping all my HOTs and using scamper to get away. I feel that this class is lacking in defense before level 30, even though you get dodge, it still doesn't help.
I would love to see bioware fix this slight problem. Sage healers get Bubble at level 16 while Operatives get scan.. And commandos don't get anything special except they wear heavy armor... at level 10...

Maybe they could add some new heal or something for operatives? Maybe a new defensive cooldown? But until something happens that evens them out in PVP 10-29, i think ill stick with ESO and PvE for now.

portmaker
05.23.2014 , 09:51 AM | #2
I experienced the same issue while leveling my smuggler. I eventually stopped healing pvp on the weekends as that seemed to be when the organized groups play on my server. I also started leveling a character of the opposite faction so that I could jump sides when my own team wasn't protecting me. It's not a perfect solution but I think it's your best bet because any changes bioware might make would likely cause more balancing issues than it helped. Alternatively you might consider respeccing and start dpsing on the days that healing seems pointless.