Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Star Wars Rebels: Exclusive Clip

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars Rebels: Exclusive Clip

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
04.21.2014 , 03:05 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Nope.
Well, then I won't spoil it. It's one of my favorite episodes. All I will say is that the original combined the first two episodes of Brotherhood with the events of An Alchemist's Anguish.

Tell me what you think whenever you watch it.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
04.21.2014 , 04:57 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
*shrug* Maul was an awesome character who contributed awesomely to the story, in the process taking to be lets face it wasted potential and transforming it into something.

I meant that at some point, it was added to the EU. Dathomir is not smaller, nothing has been removed, things have only been added. Before the male presence on the planet, which obviously existed in some form, was unexplored to my knowledge. Now it is. We also have further insight into Maul's childhood etc. etc.
The male presence wasnt unexplored, they were slaves ussually all decended from the same woman as the women were or they were pirates that landed on the planet and were captured by the women as slaves. Every Mating Season witches from different clans would go to other clans and steal men, doing so made those men their new property. The only way a man earned his freedom is if he saved a Woman. The chanting for basic abilities has been removed, the way their social system worked was completely removed just giving men their own tribe instead of having them intigrated like they were before. The back story of how the people came to be as they are no longer all one race has been removed. A lot was removed from what Dathomir was, and the stuff that was added..... WAS AWESOME!!!!!! but the stuff that was retconned or removed was stupid.

You could do a Maul back story with out dumbing down Dathomir, making its lore a shell of its former self.


Edit: also I think the original was better then brotherhood for my taste, as was said its more emotionally driven and the brotherhood version I saw was severely censored by comparison to the original, and the darker moments which were dark in the original were to bright for me in Brotherhood. If you watch anime reviewers every now and again there was one that said its 2 camps with the differences with the show, ussually hard core anime goers will like the original more while manga and comic fans will like brother hood more as it stays truer to the source material. I prefer anime to the manga's so.... there you go.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
04.21.2014 , 05:07 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
The male presence wasnt unexplored, they were slaves ussually all decended from the same woman as the women were or they were pirates that landed on the planet and were captured by the women as slaves. Every Mating Season witches from different clans would go to other clans and steal men, doing so made those men their new property. The only way a man earned his freedom is if he saved a Woman. The chanting for basic abilities has been removed, the way their social system worked was completely removed just giving men their own tribe instead of having them intigrated like they were before. The back story of how the people came to be as they are no longer all one race has been removed. A lot was removed from what Dathomir was, and the stuff that was added..... WAS AWESOME!!!!!! but the stuff that was retconned or removed was stupid.

You could do a Maul back story with out dumbing down Dathomir, making its lore a shell of its former self.
I'm not really sure what your talking about, nothing has been retconned or removed, all of this is still true...

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
04.21.2014 , 05:27 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Edit: also I think the original was better then brotherhood for my taste, as was said its more emotionally driven and the brotherhood version I saw was severely censored by comparison to the original, and the darker moments which were dark in the original were to bright for me in Brotherhood. If you watch anime reviewers every now and again there was one that said its 2 camps with the differences with the show, ussually hard core anime goers will like the original more while manga and comic fans will like brother hood more as it stays truer to the source material. I prefer anime to the manga's so.... there you go.
Different strokes, right? They're both fantastic.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
04.21.2014 , 05:28 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I'm not really sure what your talking about, nothing has been retconned or removed, all of this is still true...
except any time a nightsister in the show did TK they did it with out words thus it was altered. The Men had their own camp thus it was altered. They were not all the same species thus the back story has been removed entirely. I just said all this.

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
04.21.2014 , 05:29 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Different strokes, right? They're both fantastic.
Ya pretty much, everyone is going to have their prefered version.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
04.21.2014 , 05:36 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
except any time a nightsister in the show did TK they did it with out words thus it was altered. The Men had their own camp thus it was altered. They were not all the same species thus the back story has been removed entirely. I just said all this.
OK I see about the men part, but I don't remember any Nightsisters using TK... and I mean if they chant for most things apart from the basic abilities does anyone really care or notice?

EDIT: Ultimately I suppose its a matter of preference, and whether you prefer the changes or not.

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
04.21.2014 , 05:59 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
OK I see about the men part, but I don't remember any Nightsisters using TK... and I mean if they chant for most things apart from the basic abilities does anyone really care or notice?

EDIT: Ultimately I suppose its a matter of preference, and whether you prefer the changes or not.
Your edit is absolutely correct, some can deal with it and i understand those that can, they werent invested in that world that much to begin with and the new stuff they got to see instead of read about opened horizons and stuff they never knew about and made it interesting. For me i feel they could have done that with out gutting some of the lore.

And the Nightsisters use to chant for everything, Force Speed, and Valor they chanted before the fight and after the chant the ability would stay up for a while, everything in the Force was magic to them a remarkable few (ussually the mothers or the healers) learned to use non-verbal basic "spells" but the complicated "spells" they still chanted as you saw in the show, but like the leaping around before they did that they should have chanted and then ran off to fight, any TK they should have, but yes in the end it was a prefrence thing of if it bothered you or not... it bother me .

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
04.23.2014 , 08:40 PM | #49
I'm just gonna leave...

This

Here. The symbol looks pretty awesome and Beni, I think it's just time to face the fact.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.