Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars Rebels: Exclusive Clip

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars Rebels: Exclusive Clip

Beniboybling
04.21.2014 , 04:10 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Not neccisarrily, I can name several shows and cartoons that had a central plot that had excellent world building, along with good character development and a good easy to follow plot. Avatar the Last airbender, Digimon Adventure, Full Metal Alchemist. You can have a cohesive plot and still explore all kinds of worlds. Those that cant are inferior story tellers, and thus to me make slightly inferior shows.

I hate to always use Avatar the Last airbender in everything, it was just very well done as a fan of animation is probably my favorite american cartoon. Honestly..... I have just gotten to where maul was brought back to life...... and truthfully any darn thing that has to do with Dathomir just seems to piss me off. I dont like the idea of Night brothers they didnt exist originally, none of the witches chant to do simple force powers which i think is totally bull, none of them are human when last i checked they were all supposed to be human. None of the rest of it bothers me though, like the undead thing I thought was awesome. The Force is a mysterious thing i like seeing how they can make new and inventive ways to implement it. None Jedi and Sith are the perfect ones to explore that with I love it. Oh... and MAUL MAUL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4hvUvBmoaA 1:47-2:23

Also I like the colors, why cant it be "adult/ family" and be bright and colorful. Why cant it be an awesome action adventure series where the characters go through out the galaxy dodging the imperials and recruiting people into the rebel alliance. Why cant we have color, honestly I am tired of 2 things with shows. 1. Sci Fi movies with all kinds of lens flare cus it makes it look "sci-fiey" and 2. Worlds with nothing but dark colors, Dark Red, and browns and, greys like there is no life in things. I want it to have some grit and feel to it, but having real grit and feel requires color. Go outside look at a tree, in any time except winter and enjoy its vibrant colors. Why can we not have colorful things. Since when was it a sin to have something pleasing to the eye to look at.
1. Different strokes for different folks. There are plenty of shows out there that use stand-alone episodic narratives where the characters remain static, and they are quite successfully in my opinion. While other shows seem to prefer a single progressive narrative. The static aspect of the period they were working with however kinda demanded this.

Both have their merits and their flaws in my opinion, and neither seems superior to the other. I don't see how however that focus on a small group of characters and a singular storyline could have created as much breadth in everything, especially perspective, as TCW did. I doubt Rebels will give as much insight into the villains for example.

2. I never understood why people got frustrated by retcons that improves on the universe, Maul is one of my most favourite characters in TCW and in my opinion the arcs he was in made Season 4 and 5. Matter of opinion I guess.

I mean Dathomir didn't used to be there before, its there now! The galaxy is constantly expanding and evolving.

3. That's what I was saying to Star, but colours create atmosphere and these bright and soft colours IMO create the wrong atmosphere for Star Wars as a whole which is meant to be a "used" universe and especially for the "Dark Times" we are exploring. I much prefer the more dirty, less bright looking colours and textures used in TCW.

There is also a distinct difference between bright and rich colours. The OT was not filled with bright colours, but it was still rich. The PT was too bright and shiny in my opinion, and created the wrong atmosphere.

EDIT: Actually I think its more the lack of texture than the colours themselves that are the problem here. TCW is filled with bright colours just like these, but they have a lot more texture so they don't "pop" in the same way.

Beniboybling
04.21.2014 , 04:46 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
You sir, are a riot
I live to serve.

Beniboybling
04.21.2014 , 04:49 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Best. Show. Ever.
Someone suggested it to me, I watched one episode, bought the box set.

tunewalker
04.21.2014 , 05:30 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

2. I never understood why people got frustrated by retcons that improves on the universe, Maul is one of my most favourite characters in TCW and in my opinion the arcs he was in made Season 4 and 5. Matter of opinion I guess.

I mean Dathomir didn't used to be there before, its there now! The galaxy is constantly expanding and evolving.

To me him surviving was stupid period. HISHE did a perfect rendition with him making fun of the fact that he lived when he just shouldnt have. They could have done a story line with some one else and still made it work. They did that to get people into it for the Darth maul oh so awesome character all the little kiddies loved.

Dathomir was there before, it was better before. The Galaxy is now smaller and de-evolved.

Aurbere
04.21.2014 , 08:40 AM | #25
Someone suggested it to me, I watched one episode, bought the box set.
Original or Brotherhood?
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

hunterraaze
04.21.2014 , 08:55 AM | #26
You know, I was actually pretty pessimistic about this show. I was a HUGE fan of TCW, and I was worried that they canceled such a good show for some "kiddie" pos. The character videos didn't do this show much justice in my eyes. But this clip has actually made me optimistic for Rebels (especially the Tie Fighter explosion, pay close attention to that.) Don't get me wrong, I still have plenty of doubts about this show, my biggest being what they are doing with the Empire. One of the biggest things TCW was humanize the clones. I feel that was one of the biggest, if not THE biggest them to it. From the videos they have release, its looking like they are turning the Empire into the "big dumb bad guy," who appear to also be quite faceless. Also, a few of the character (*coug* punky kid, and "cowboy Jedi"). I have a few more, but they are small, and not worth mentioning. But, I an now pretty excited for the show. Thanks for showing this.

Ps, Chopper and Blums character loom awesome. And this clip made me like Chopper even more.
"Well, if people would make it more about me, I wouldn't have to"
~Iryllia
Click here to give me free stuff! (And you too I guess)

Beniboybling
04.21.2014 , 09:23 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
To me him surviving was stupid period. HISHE did a perfect rendition with him making fun of the fact that he lived when he just shouldnt have. They could have done a story line with some one else and still made it work. They did that to get people into it for the Darth maul oh so awesome character all the little kiddies loved.

Dathomir was there before, it was better before. The Galaxy is now smaller and de-evolved.
*shrug* Maul was an awesome character who contributed awesomely to the story, in the process taking to be lets face it wasted potential and transforming it into something.

I meant that at some point, it was added to the EU. Dathomir is not smaller, nothing has been removed, things have only been added. Before the male presence on the planet, which obviously existed in some form, was unexplored to my knowledge. Now it is. We also have further insight into Maul's childhood etc. etc.

Beniboybling
04.21.2014 , 09:24 AM | #28
Original or Brotherhood?
Brotherhood. *waits to be told Brotherhood is the lame version for non-hard core fans *

Aurbere
04.21.2014 , 09:29 AM | #29
Brotherhood. *waits to be told Brotherhood is the lame version for non-hard core fans *
What? It's way better than the original!
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
04.21.2014 , 09:39 AM | #30
What? It's way better than the original!
Oh good, I was just guessing, I have no idea what the original was like.