Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Physically impaired players

JJTEAMA's Avatar


JJTEAMA
04.16.2014 , 05:32 PM | #1
Hello I am a physically impaired player. I have tried to join in the community and put in put into the suggestion box. I have made many suggestions more than I can remember more than I can keep
Track of. Well I have done this he has not been only for me. It has been on behalf of the disabled community as there are gamers. That are disabled as well and they do like to play MMORPG. So as I have taken my time I have trying to somewhat be a voice for them. An. Advocate in. Equality. For physically impaired players. Trying to make the game more accessible for everyone no matter what type of limitations or playing styles they have. If the game is not equal access for everyone. The game will suffer and die. It is a very passionate Star Wars fan I would really hate to see that happen weather would be in 5 months or 5 years



Also in communicating with other people on the forum I have had my own difficulties. with this site. As I am NOT able to zoom in and read text I cannot really answer anybody this is why in one of my topics I posted please do not post here the reasons were it was to keep track of my own post and I thought. It would be a nice thing to let people know so they would not be wasting their time posting it to anything that I would not be able to answer


And another problem with this site is every time there is a needed to improve the text size for visually impaired players to read whether you like capital letter format or you try to make it exciting much longer than standard size

The text defaults to small print.

So it actually took another person to reach me things that were said. Some I can understand and agree with and some I can't. Being able to I to agree with I mean. I understand everything.

But I have been the first gamer. That is physically impaired that is openly come out about it. How my actions I have done on behalf of the disabled community most of all is there no one else. On this board in a Star Wars The Old Republic community that is also disable. I am posting this as a call out to anybody who is disabled that has struggles but still enjoys games.


Maybe there are other players out there like me but you're scared to come forward if you're scared to post under this thread

Please PM me and look me up you can reach me by that you links

I have placed on my profile page you need to copy and paste them. To get them to work if this game is inaccessible to us maybe we can find a better one

Looking forward to your replies
VISUALLY IMPAIRED VERY BIG TEXT NEEDED TO READ.
http://www.swtor.com/r/2tVWWG get great stuff
message brought to you by Automattic voice to text program
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...99#post7515899. About me

Brittaany_Banks's Avatar


Brittaany_Banks
04.16.2014 , 05:42 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JJTEAMA View Post
Hello I am a physically impaired player. I have tried to join in the community and put in put into the suggestion box. I have made many suggestions more than I can remember more than I can keep
Track of. Well I have done this he has not been only for me. It has been on behalf of the disabled community as there are gamers. That are disabled as well and they do like to play MMORPG. So as I have taken my time I have trying to somewhat be a voice for them. An. Advocate in. Equality. For physically impaired players. Trying to make the game more accessible for everyone no matter what type of limitations or playing styles they have. If the game is not equal access for everyone. The game will suffer and die. It is a very passionate Star Wars fan I would really hate to see that happen weather would be in 5 months or 5 years



Also in communicating with other people on the forum I have had my own difficulties. with this site. As I am NOT able to zoom in and read text I cannot really answer anybody this is why in one of my topics I posted please do not post here the reasons were it was to keep track of my own post and I thought. It would be a nice thing to let people know so they would not be wasting their time posting it to anything that I would not be able to answer


And another problem with this site is every time there is a needed to improve the text size for visually impaired players to read whether you like capital letter format or you try to make it exciting much longer than standard size

The text defaults to small print.

So it actually took another person to reach me things that were said. Some I can understand and agree with and some I can't. Being able to I to agree with I mean. I understand everything.

But I have been the first gamer. That is physically impaired that is openly come out about it. How my actions I have done on behalf of the disabled community most of all is there no one else. On this board in a Star Wars The Old Republic community that is also disable. I am posting this as a call out to anybody who is disabled that has struggles but still enjoys games.


Maybe there are other players out there like me but you're scared to come forward if you're scared to post under this thread

Please PM me and look me up you can reach me by that you links

I have placed on my profile page you need to copy and paste them. To get them to work if this game is inaccessible to us maybe we can find a better one

Looking forward to your replies
Computer technology is a wonderful thing. Over the years there have been several software programs invented that assist physically disabled computer users like you to be able to do a myriad of things including computer gaming. Most of them are available for the physically handicapped at reduced prices, or are state funded and free provided you are over a certain percentage of disabled.

I suggest looking into these products and utilizing them. BW and EA can't do anything more to assist you with your gaming experience on your end.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

JJTEAMA's Avatar


JJTEAMA
04.23.2014 , 05:14 PM | #3
I am putting the snow here because it seemed appropriate given the topic title I placed on here there has been people saying that I am lying about being visually impaired the reason I know that is because some of my friends do stop in on the message board to let me know what's going on sometimes

There are two reasons why my writing goes lowercase standard text one this messag this message board seem seems to put everything on default standard lower case text. Given that I have no way of changing the board I can't change that. / and the other reason is I use a verbal speech to text program I am sorry for any misunderstandings and I do think everybody. Who has taken the effort to post in a way I'm able to read it that is this message is to the posters that have done that and made the text size very big and to all the other ones I am NOT able to I am NOT able to read your post

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings thank you for your time
VISUALLY IMPAIRED VERY BIG TEXT NEEDED TO READ.
http://www.swtor.com/r/2tVWWG get great stuff
message brought to you by Automattic voice to text program
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...99#post7515899. About me

deeweee's Avatar


deeweee
04.25.2014 , 12:39 AM | #4
use your ctrl-key + mousewheel up or down, with this you can zoom in and out everywhere with your browser

JJTEAMA's Avatar


JJTEAMA
04.25.2014 , 12:47 AM | #5
Thank you but I'm not able to I do not have a mouse that works like that the closest thing is th is the touchpad on my computer. So I am NOT able to do that unless there is another way for writing and for writing and capital an and oversized format. Message brought to you by a Voice program
VISUALLY IMPAIRED VERY BIG TEXT NEEDED TO READ.
http://www.swtor.com/r/2tVWWG get great stuff
message brought to you by Automattic voice to text program
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...99#post7515899. About me

maverickmatt's Avatar


maverickmatt
04.25.2014 , 12:51 AM | #6
Your browser has a selection to zoom in. What browser do you use?
Mavėrļck
Sabų


"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less."

deeweee's Avatar


deeweee
04.25.2014 , 01:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by maverickmatt View Post
Your browser has a selection to zoom in. What browser do you use?
yeah he is right

JJTEAMA's Avatar


JJTEAMA
04.25.2014 , 01:08 AM | #8
Thank you very much for the info but I have something to say about that I have my zoom in at 150 % anything more and I cannot navigate it anything more than that and I will not be able to use the Internet.

Also I am hesitant to explain what tools I use because I'm getting harassed by trolls. And I don't know if any of them have the ability to do any hacking. either.


When you put somebody on your ignore list does it stop everybody from seen that on does it stop everybody from seen that one post. Or does it only stop you from seeing the post
VISUALLY IMPAIRED VERY BIG TEXT NEEDED TO READ.
http://www.swtor.com/r/2tVWWG get great stuff
message brought to you by Automattic voice to text program
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...99#post7515899. About me

bionamaster's Avatar


bionamaster
04.25.2014 , 10:34 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JJTEAMA View Post
Thank you very much for the info but I have something to say about that I have my zoom in at 150 % anything more and I cannot navigate it anything more than that and I will not be able to use the Internet.

Also I am hesitant to explain what tools I use because I'm getting harassed by trolls. And I don't know if any of them have the ability to do any hacking. either.


When you put somebody on your ignore list does it stop everybody from seen that on does it stop everybody from seen that one post. Or does it only stop you from seeing the post
Hello. I am deeply sorry you had to put up with this harassment. In answer to your question, putting someone on ignore will hide any posts they make, but only for you. Others will still be able to see them. I am also sorry you've been having problems with the game/site, however I am not qualified to provide help on that issue. Sorry.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!