Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What’s New in Season Two

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PUMA
04.16.2014 , 09:13 AM | #61
Can we get the new ratings for the 3 consolidated tiers coming in Season 2?
Descension - The Bastion
Lowkee - The Rinou Legacy
Guild Website || Join Us

AlexModny
04.16.2014 , 09:33 AM | #62 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by PUMA View Post
Can we get the new ratings for the 3 consolidated tiers coming in Season 2?
We are taking feedback from Season 1 into consideration on where we divide the tiers and still working out where the tiers will be. We don't have an announcement on this yet but will make one after Season 2 starts.
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

PUMA
04.16.2014 , 10:13 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
We are taking feedback from Season 1 into consideration on where we divide the tiers and still working out where the tiers will be. We don't have an announcement on this yet but will make one after Season 2 starts.
Fair enough. Thanks Alex.
Descension - The Bastion
Lowkee - The Rinou Legacy
Guild Website || Join Us

AlrikFassbauer
04.16.2014 , 10:19 AM | #64
I don't care about Season 2.

I only wanted to participate in Season 1 to get something I could remind myself of years later - because Season 1 was the FIRST season, not the second.
(And I couldn't because on my server, ranked was dead during the last days of Season 1 when I had finally gotten 1999 competence together - no pops. None at all. For solo listing.)

Everything after Season 1 doesn't matter to me. Season 2 won't have that unique feeling of "I) was in the First Season !" If you have an recurring event, make sure to participate in the very first installment of it, because that's something to remember.

Season 2, 3, 4, 5 and more doesn't matter to me, because people will ask me : "Where have you been at Season 1 ? And why didn't you participate in Season 1 ? Why is there such a huge hole in your biography ?"
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

TUXs
04.16.2014 , 10:27 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I don't care about Season 2.

I only wanted to participate in Season 1 to get something I could remind myself of years later - because Season 1 was the FIRST season, not the second.
(And I couldn't because on my server, ranked was dead during the last days of Season 1 when I had finally gotten 1999 competence together - no pops. None at all. For solo listing.)

Everything after Season 1 doesn't matter to me. Season 2 won't have that unique feeling of "I) was in the First Season !" If you have an recurring event, make sure to participate in the very first installment of it, because that's something to remember.

Season 2, 3, 4, 5 and more doesn't matter to me, because people will ask me : "And why didn't you participate in Season 1 ? Why is there such a huge hole in your biography ?"
I'm curious...why even bother to reply then? I promise you, none of us care that YOU are done or why you're done either...so why this long whiny post?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

AlrikFassbauer
04.16.2014 , 10:29 AM | #66
Good question. Perhaps that was my inner cynic responding.

But - why did you have to reply to such an unneccesary post, then ? And even quote it ?

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I promise you, none of us care
"We are the Borg."
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

TUXs
04.16.2014 , 10:32 AM | #67
Good question. Perhaps that was my inner cynic responding.

But - why did you have to reply to such an unneccesary post, then ? And even quote it ?

"We are the Borg."
I told you why I asked...I was curious. I'm always curious.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Jadescythe
04.16.2014 , 10:43 AM | #68
Season 2, 3, 4, 5 and more doesn't matter to me, because people will ask me : "Where have you been at Season 1 ? And why didn't you participate in Season 1 ? Why is there such a huge hole in your biography ?"
Lol, who are these people that will ask this?
I have opinions and stuff

infedele
04.16.2014 , 11:10 AM | #69
Hi! Allow me to impart clarification on this part of the blog

The reward will be given to the Top 3 of each Advanced Class of the entire Ranked population. NOT per server.

8 Advanced Classes per Faction * 2 Factions * Top 3 players * 2 Gamemodes (Ranked and Solo) = 96 rewarded players

Hope that helps make sense of the situation!
and the system will take the best rating from solo and group rating or is only a solo rating?

and do you think is correct a global ladder without the cross server?, I hope you readed our feedeback about this huge problem.

how a quest should push the player to join ranked? it will give me Cartel coin? XD

Can we hope about this cross server? i'm playing from a pve server and the ranked never start... so whai i suppose to do? i dont wanna leave my guild/friends, to play pvp on another server.

I Need an answer....all the comunity pvp need an answer about this problem, and the answer must be:" We are working on it, it will be implemented soon...very soon".

Subscriber from early access, in bioware i trust, dont betray me.

p.s.i know my english is so bad, and i hope the message is enough clear.

JediMasterSLC
04.16.2014 , 12:35 PM | #70
Alex, please do not release the literal ratings required to be placed in each tier. Only release the required percentiles (i.e. top 1%, 5%, and 15%), so people don't stop queuing once they hit a certain rating, and will have reason to go to the leaderboards to check their relative progress.
55s: POT5- Kakarrotx-Sent, Paraguss-Sorc, Brawlly-Jug, Meleehealer-Mara
Bastion- Greenn-Mando, Radishz-Scoundrel, Trunkks-Shadow, Burdok-Sniper, Lettucce-PT