Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

crystaljedi
04.16.2014 , 05:33 AM | #61
Perhaps you could add a 3 hour valor boost to the season rewards, and a reusable jawagram that comes and brings the target flowers then pulls a blaster out of it and points it at them (or something of the sort that implies violence). Additionally for the top 96 players you could add your generic legacy title/title and 500-1000 cartel coins, and a party jawa from f2p launch (even though the top players mostly will already have one) or perhaps a "party crasher" jawa.

P.S. The second page of this thread had many excellent and reasonable suggestions
Geddy-Lee 55 Merc 55 Assassin 55 Jugg 55 Sorc
<Pinnacle of Balance>
"Honor is a fool's prize. There is no glory in death." -Darth Bane

AlexModny
04.16.2014 , 07:38 AM | #62 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Rive View Post
Lowest Tier: A neat reward that incentivizes participating in a season.
My suggestion is a customization for your ship droid (so every class could use it) that changes them visually into Baron Deathmark. The item description would say "a Holographic shroud" or something to explain why it still had the ship droid abilities and voice (although if a customization can alter voices - that'd be even more awesome!)
Hah! That would be excellent to have that noisy Nikto greet you every time you came on board!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

BorisKarloffe
04.16.2014 , 07:50 AM | #63
Already seen a lot of excellent ideas in these posts but figured I might add some more ideas for Bioware to have fun with:

Lowest Tier: a Title (something people will actually want to display not "rookie" or "amateur"; Challenger maybe) there are already so many titles in the game, it's hard to think of one not already part of something else.

Next highest Tier: a Title: Competitor and a rare dye

Next highest Tier: a Title: the Triumphant, rare dye, a unique weapon belonging to their class, if not a wampa minipet, perhaps a vornskurr (see Heir to the Empire trilogy books) minipet with bloody claws

Highest Tier: Title: Dominator, rare dye, unique weapon belonging to their class, a new unique armor that is NOT a reskin (could have designs voted on by pvp community), a unique mount: the Acklay mount is an awesome idea but if that's not feasible, perhaps a Terantetek mount or a Mech walker like the one Kephess has in EC

Lastly I think the top tier should get some sort of schematic to craft something uniquely pvp: i.e. pvp crystal, armor shells, warzone medpacs, etc. It would persuade some of the crafters to join in and could help get more creds for pvpers when they sell the stuff only the people with those schematics can craft.

For the Top 3 in Class, I agree they should get something unique. So a Unique title (Top "insert class", Best of the Best, or their character name followed by "who will be Feared") and a Unique Mount (see ideas above)

TriviumCoRe
04.16.2014 , 07:55 AM | #64
Dear Bw, please, add Arena's Hall of Fame entrance in the fleet's museum, with stands for every player of Top 3

Kurin
04.16.2014 , 08:56 AM | #65
My very first thought was that top tier would get a black core, bright red glowing crystal. Black cores look amazing to me.

But since Strongholds will be out by Season 2, I strongly suggest offering a reward that can be placed in the stronghold. Top Tier gets some huge arsed monument for your trophy room. Middle tier gets a small statue. Bottom tier gets a table top sized trophy.

Honestly, if you need to come out with some shiny new epic mount twice a year that's unique, the rewards are going to be a bit of a failure at some point. So I would discourage them sooner than later. The stronghold trophy makes more sense to me since we have this trophy room for precisely this sort of reason.

Another highly valuable reward would be MK-9 kits. Bottom tier gets 1. Middle tier gets several. Top tier gets a full set. This way top PVPers have the kits to completely change their armor set to something new and fresh, along with there required changes for "left side" gear.
<insert lots of characters here>- The Harbinger - Invictus guild.

Uber_the_Goober
04.16.2014 , 09:21 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
THE CHAMPION'S LODGE

Accessible from a shuttle at the fleet, the Champion's Lodge is a luxurious club on Hutta owned by Giradda the Hutt. Only those who participate in his most brutal games are allowed entrance. In the Champions Lodge, fighters can receive PvP missions, purchase PvP gear, and duel other players in a pit for the amusement of on-lookers.

The Champion's Lodge would sell various wares for RWZ commendations. In particular, players can buy contracts for new mercenary companions (different than above, e.g. human or some other race we can already get). Players can also purchase lesser/smaller versions of other rewards. Rewards that can be purchased can change with the seasons.
It would be nice to have another use for PvP comms once you're max level and max valor and max gear and...oh wait then they release a new gear set you have to grind out.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

rkjunior
04.16.2014 , 09:39 AM | #67
Lowest tier - How about a Baron von Deathmark holo statue that allowed access to PVP specific items... Green stims, WZ adrenals, med packs, comms (planetary, ranked etc). Would be a nice reward for people that want to PVP but don't need access to the terminal and are off-fleet/questing. It could have some type of voice emote every time you open it - maybe a random one from a couple different ones?

TonyDragonflame
04.16.2014 , 10:03 AM | #68
1. Fix rating system. Your current elo doesnt work with small population and without cross-server queues, its discourage participants with stacking teams of 1200x vs 2000x. You need another rating system, without losing rating

2. Fix factions imbalance. Make cross-factions solo ranked at least if you cannot make cross-server queues

3. Remove bolster from ranked. Make filter 2018 expertise for participation. It is NiM pvp content and its require at least regular pvp gear.

4. Add ranked solo 8x8 warzones

5. Add ranked daily and weekly, solo and group

Without ^ changes rewards will be crap and dont make sense for participation. There is must only one real reward - place in rating leaderboard in the competitive game.

Without any kind of competitiveness, there is no interest.
Referral link!
Guardian v 100 | Sent v 95 | Vang v 92 | Scoundrel v 91 | Shadow v 86 | Guns v 80 | Jugg v 68
Manhunter 180+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

AlrikFassbauer
04.16.2014 , 10:21 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by TriviumCoRe View Post
Dear Bw, please, add Arena's Hall of Fame entrance in the fleet's museum, with stands for every player of Top 3
THEN please for the Bottom 3 as well !

Fairness for everyone !
<S-key to victory> Because quad wheel is always better than dual wheel.

JackFlamebringer
04.16.2014 , 10:50 AM | #70
The rewards should be as follows.
Top: A nexu or acklay mount, title and the below prizes
Middle: A really powerful weapon (lightsaber), classic (KOTOR) armor set and title (as well as the below prizes)
Bottom: A classic Kotor armor set (preferably Revan's) and a title
Honestly, I would most like to see Revan's armor set out there. It would be nice to see a slightly more KOTOR accurate redesign, or simply to see the existing set become more attainable. Thank you for your consideration.
"Who I am is not important, my message is"
- Master Revan

I am Revan, Knight Of The Old Republic