Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rive
04.15.2014 , 02:01 PM | #11
Lowest Tier: A neat reward that incentivizes participating in a season.
My suggestion is a customization for your ship droid (so every class could use it) that changes them visually into Baron Deathmark. The item description would say "a Holographic shroud" or something to explain why it still had the ship droid abilities and voice (although if a customization can alter voices - that'd be even more awesome!)

Middle Tier: A token that you can redeem for a set of Legacy-bound classic PvP armor (meaning the look of the old Battlemaster gear from 1.X) and a unique pet: A mini-wampa with bloodied claws.

High Tier: A unique mount: A mechanized walker with mesh-bags full of bones hanging from its sides and blood splatters covering it. A version without the bones and blood could be made available in the Cartel Market in the following major patch. And a unique emote (/pvpseason2) that causes your character to display a fancy holographic emblem over their head that's pvp-related while taking a bow.

"In addition to these rewards we feel that we should do something for the best of the best in both Ranked modes! Starting at the end of Season 2, the top three characters of each Advanced Class in Group and Solo will be given a unique reward. That means that the top 96 players in the world will get something to show off their elite status!"

This concerns me. Nearly all the top players are on Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Prophecy of the Five. If you play on another server you won't even have the chance to play against players with ratings that high and thus have no chance of advancing to these rewards. It should be the top character of each advanced class per server.

Uber_the_Goober
04.15.2014 , 02:01 PM | #12
THIS. I love these ideas. If I may expound... My ideas (built upon yours) in green below:

Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
Start a museum where those with the highest rankings for a given season get a statue/holo-statue (visible to anyone that wants to walk to the archives and visit memory lane).

Right by the PvP terminal on the fleet, on the railing, or perhaps floating in the midspace behind the terminal (where people sometimes suicide) there should be a holo projection (permanent) of the individual character who had the top rating in each season. Not the top of each class, not the top five, just the top ONE. After about 10 seasons there will be 10 holostatues with names, and it will liven up the fleet, and add bragging rights.

Maybe set up dueling areas on the fleets and name them after the latest champions.

This is a nice idea. Make 4 dueling areas, one for each of the base classes, and name it after the guy with the top rating. Have this name revolve each season, so a new guy gets recognition.

Emotes with waving flags and confetti.

I like this idea - a flag that indicates what advanced class you were when you reached the rating, not transferable...and only usable in your legacy (through collections maybe)

Armor shells as good as some cartel sets with augment slots already available (add to collections).

You sir are FULL of good ideas. This would be GREAT for a tier one reward. Aug'ing is expensive, and a hardcore PvP'er who just does ranked won't be as rich as a PvE'er, so won't have as much money.

Distinctive weapons.

Yes, something that seriously stands out, maybe a unique sound or effect...
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Uber_the_Goober
04.15.2014 , 02:03 PM | #13
I also like the idea of a unique mount...but it has to be unique, or it ain't worth it. Recolor of something that everyone will eventually have access to is no incentive at all...
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

SonzeK
04.15.2014 , 02:04 PM | #14
Black or Black-white Color crystal(which exists according to lore,mandalorians had it)

Yodawizard
04.15.2014 , 02:06 PM | #15
Alex, I don't personally care what the rewards are as long as it incentives more people to play. But I do have a question about the top 3 of each class reward, don't you see how that will encourage people to play ranked pvp where/when it is not competitive? People who are on PvP servers playing the best PvP teams every night at primetime will not receive these rewards, while teams playing on lesser populated servers with more of a skill gap will gain rating quicker and rise to the top of the charts.

This also doesn't address hybrid healers Qing as DPS in solo ranked.

I think this is a major flub for Season 2 and needs to be at least talked about. Otherwise you are actually hurting the small ranked community that currently exists yet again.

siegeshot
04.15.2014 , 02:10 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Yodawizard View Post
Alex, I don't personally care what the rewards are as long as it incentives more people to play. But I do have a question about the top 3 of each class reward, don't you see how that will encourage people to play ranked pvp where/when it is not competitive? People who are on PvP servers playing the best PvP teams every night at primetime will not receive these rewards, while teams playing on lesser populated servers with more of a skill gap will gain rating quicker and rise to the top of the charts.

I think this is a major flub for Season 2 and needs to be at least talked about. Otherwise you are actually hurting the small ranked community that currently exists yet again.
I know what you're talking about. If you reward people based on their specs, it's going to heavily favor hybrid play. The game needs to measure out the spec and how often you play as the spec and measure that and say you were a hybrid x/y and so you don't qualify, or something like that. Make it so you have to be completely down a tree to qualify, and you have to stay down that tree for the majority.

I'm sure a lot of people will disagree but hybrids absolutely dominate pvp, at least on my server. Which is fine but it isn't fair to assign them to either tree as a special achievement. Maybe have hybrid-specific so each sub-spec gets 1 hybrid achievement slot or something.
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

Darslk
04.15.2014 , 02:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Yodawizard View Post

I think it's really exciting, but I am worried about encouraging people to play where it's easiest. That's what this is doing.
Prophecy of the Five, <Ghost Panther>

Trevor_the_Bruce
04.15.2014 , 02:15 PM | #18
I don't know if it is possible or not, but I think a new species unlock available to the top ranked would be cool. For example, people could make a playable character that is the species of Baron Deathmark.

siegeshot
04.15.2014 , 02:18 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevor_the_Bruce View Post
I don't know if it is possible or not, but I think a new species unlock available to the top ranked would be cool. For example, people could make a playable character that is the species of Baron Deathmark.
Hah that would be awesome. Some kind of combat, warrior, or arena-centric race.

Or you could at the very least have new customization options at the player customizer... stitches or tick marks or tear drops, or tatooed bullets, or the other faction's tiny emblem over and over, or something, hehehehe. "confirmed kill tatooes"
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

Selenial
04.15.2014 , 02:27 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
  • the rewards shouldn't be re-colored and added to the CM or PvE. Top level PvE content has unique rewards so should pvp
This is of Paramount importance IMO.

Grow a pair and ignore the PVE crowd that wants it. I mean come on, they got the Titan 6, EC Tank, TFB Sphere.... I do Both PVE and PVP, I don't want two rancors >.>

Oh and by the way, they ALSO Got wings of the Architect this rotation too.

Seems totally fair amirite?
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.