Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No server available

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Brellon
03.25.2012 , 03:37 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi ArmoredJuneBug,

We are sorry to hear that you can't access the Public Test Server and would like to ask you to check your port configuration in addition to your previous attempts.

It could also be worthwhile to run the launcher.exe and swtor.exe in your test folder as admin and in compatibility mode Win XP SP3.
Brellon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

ArmoredJuneBug
03.27.2012 , 11:04 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Brellon View Post

We are sorry to hear that you can't access the Public Test Server and would like to ask you to check your port configuration in addition to your previous attempts.

It could also be worthwhile to run the launcher.exe and swtor.exe in your test folder as admin and in compatibility mode Win XP SP3.
I've bypassed the router completely while testing, so port configuration certainly isn't an issue.

Also, I have no problems running the live client and I'd be surprised if the test client used other ports.

I'll get back to you on running the test launcher and client in compatibility mode with administrator privileges. Still, as mentioned I have no issues with the live client.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fordring View Post
Edit: Just waited a few minutes and the server screen came up. Must be relating to my latency issues. (NZ)
Thanks for checking in all the same, as I have no latency issues in general (40-60ms) I don't think it's the same problem.

ArmoredJuneBug
03.28.2012 , 05:05 AM | #13
A last update, I hope.

I've finally been able to log in to the test server.

The problem was indeed related to running the game in compatibility mode, though not quite as suggested. The test client were actually already set to running in compatibility mode with 'Windows XP sp3', despite running a completely fresh install.

Deselecting compatibility mode and running the game under default (native) settings, using Windows 7 Professional x64, allowed me to successfully find and log in to the test server.

Might be worth noting for future updates, obviously running the game in compatibility mode isn't necessarily recommendable.

I'll try and re-install my software firewall/antivirus and running through the router rather than straight from the socket but I'm confident that won't make any difference, as the live client hasn't had any issues with either.

Beesodd
03.28.2012 , 05:13 AM | #14 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings ArmoredJuneBug,

Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know that you were able to fix your issue. Have fun playing the game.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Smilinghost
04.09.2014 , 04:20 AM | #15
Well my problem is pretty similar. But I am experiencing it with the main servers insted of the test ones. This is really disturbing since it's only been two days since I subbed. After the patching yesterday, I get Error Code 4004 and a similar dialouge box.

Can you help me please?

IMPatrick
04.09.2014 , 06:52 AM | #16
They can't. I've had this problem before the patch, then it has worked fine for 4 days and now (after the patch) the problem is back. And it's frustrating because I'm paying for my subscription and I can't even receive REAL support. My only option is to call the nearest Bioware Customer Service team, which is located in Germany, and then to count on them. There in no way, I'm wasting my money again.

As you can see, there are plenty of people who are experiencing the same issue after the patch - just look at the number of similiar topics. I won't spend another hour removing and re-adding exceptions to my Firewall because it is not working. Give us real solution BW, fix this!

Smilinghost
04.09.2014 , 08:37 AM | #17
True! How can I get to ingame support when I can not get in to the game. And I am not going to waste money on calling you countries away. End of story. Provide the service I am paying for pls.

Smilinghost
04.11.2014 , 12:30 AM | #18
Figured, the new patch is not COMODO antivirus compatible. And I deleted it and added it to the exception list. STill nothing.