Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Makeb - why

Loc_n_lol
04.04.2014 , 12:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by toha View Post
My Merc healer in almost full 72 has about 36k, augs and all, in Oricon gear I had about 24k. Only thing I can think of that might come close to these numbers is a Tank. and even then it would be what 30k max?
Where did you pull that 32k from?Endurance heavy 69 blues?
Well now I'm even more confused by your statement.
My numbers are about (assuming trooper/BH buff is present) :

Oricon (artifact) + Microfilament + Campaign / Dread guard relics + Grade 28 Barrels / Hilts =~27-28k HP (no augments) for DPS/Heal. Good to go for HM FPs and S&V/TFB.

Full Verpine =~ 32k HP (no augments) for DPS/Heal.

Full Oriconian must be about 37-38k HP before augments.

14 mainstat augments = 2800 extra HP.
The Red Eclipse
Jayšey - Gol'dy - Raibbach - Locnlol - Rex'Power'Colt - Ki'Sazen
Nyctis - Dre'xin - Jaegerk - Nahzeer - Pan'thera

TheRandomno
04.04.2014 , 12:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
Well now I'm even more confused by your statement.
My numbers are about (assuming trooper/BH buff is present) :

Oricon (artifact) + Microfilament + Campaign / Dread guard relics + Grade 28 Barrels / Hilts =~27-28k HP (no augments) for DPS/Heal. Good to go for HM FPs and S&V/TFB.

Full Verpine =~ 32k HP (no augments) for DPS/Heal.

Full Oriconian must be about 37-38k HP before augments.

14 mainstat augments = 2800 extra HP.
You sure you're talking about Oricon story mission stuff? I'm agreeing with toha, I don't get this.

phalczen
04.04.2014 , 01:01 PM | #13
Oriconian gear can only be purchased with ultimate comms. Its the set bonus-less and unoptimized version of Dread Forged. Its not the same thing as the gear you get during the Oricon story missions . The one-time oricon story missions award artifact gear containers which have purple (artifact) rating 66 gear ... basically, its the original "Basic" gear you could purchase with basic comms when Makeb first came out. When the Dread Fortress/Palace operations and the Oricon daily area came, they moved commendations up a tier so that Basic comms now buys Black Market (the set bonus-less and unoptimized version of Arkanian) gear. The same rating 66 gear can be crafted by the appropriate crafters (always could once Makeb launched) with regular grade 9 materials.

If you can find the crafted item modifications, there is no need to do the one-time oricon story missions just to get the artifact gear containers. However, they do award basic comms which you can use to get yourself a Black Market (rating 69) set which will be more than sufficient for Makeb story missions. However, if you are having trouble with the Makeb story missions you'll have loads of trouble on Oricon, so its a moot point anyway.

However you acquire them, blue or purple rating 66 stuff should be more than adequate for Makeb story missions. They're craftable and tradeable so no need to spend any comms on them. Purple rating 66 stuff is considered entry level for HM 55 flashpoints except the two Czerka ones. Make sure you are using chilled corellian cocktail for the presence buff and the stim applicable to your class and make sure your companion's gear is up to date too.

Amilyne
04.04.2014 , 04:41 PM | #14
wow, so many responses to read through , thank you all. I will read through them.

As for a couple of things off the top, my gear is orange gear, I will check the lvl but it's mod'd pretty well. That said, I only have 17k health for a lvl 55 Jedi Sage. That could be my problem. I'm noticing I'm only doing around 750 dps which seems very low.

I will have to check gear and keep reading to see what the issue is.

As for the other planets, I've not really had much of a problem for the most part.

Luneward
04.04.2014 , 07:53 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Amilyne View Post
As for a couple of things off the top, my gear is orange gear, I will check the lvl but it's mod'd pretty well. That said, I only have 17k health for a lvl 55 Jedi Sage. That could be my problem. I'm noticing I'm only doing around 750 dps which seems very low.

As for the other planets, I've not really had much of a problem for the most part.
That does sound rather low. The best gear you can get that is 'easily' obtainable (ie not spending boatloads of cash or being carried through ops) is from the Makeb planetary comm vendor. A mostly full mod loadout of that gear generally puts my 50-55 characters in the low 20k HP and around 1-1.2k base damage on the character sheet. There's other gear that is a bit easier to obtain, but if you are having issues with Makeb, the Oricon story missions will tear you apart.

I kind of hate to echo what someone else said, but it does also sound like you need to optimize your rotation a bit and make sure you're making use of your defensive cooldowns and crowd control a bit better.
Steelwind / Kaillen * The Ebon Hawk

Amilyne
04.05.2014 , 07:46 AM | #16
Okay, so for my gear I'm wearing "Omenbringer's Robe" (not sure how to link armor in here). Traditional vine-silk gloves 285 armor, 111 endurance on them. Omenbringer's legwraps 356 armor 112 rating 91 endurance
stats 456 armor, (rating 140). Enshrouding force boots 116 rating 237 armor 83 endurance. Vinidicator's Lightsaber. 140 rating 119 endurance. Not sure if this helps in what my issue is. I'm going to look for gear now.

During questing, in comparing my gear to quest rewards/drops my gear has always shown higher stats.

bonus damage 608.2
bonus healing 438.8
accuracy: 103.00%
Critical chanceL 12.54
Critical Multiplier: 63.20
force regen 8.3
alacrity: 3.15%

As for the L2P comment, that's not far off from what I need to do. I do love this game and I'm really trying to learn how to play the game and this character. So thank you for all the help people have offered so far.

Loc_n_lol
04.05.2014 , 09:55 AM | #17
Ok so I really don't know what to make of most of those values (I have nothing to compare them to right now). But some of those item ratings are basically level 50 entry gear (<120). So it's not surprising you're having trouble on Makeb. For a quick and easy powerup I'd say look up on the GTN for [microfilament] implants and earpieces with willpower on them. The blue ones tend to go for very cheap on my server...
Your rating 140 lightsaber hilt should be good enough for now, try to get an equally good armoring for your focus. Or you can spend a bit for a resolve hilt 28 (rating 156) which crafters can make for cheap (~15-40k depending on the market).
The rating of your mainhand and offhand items are very important for your damage and healing output. Your armor rating doesn't matter so much because no matter what it is, you will always be a squishy sage.

For the rest of your gear you can either upgrade it with planetary commendations through the makeb vendor, or just look for green lvl51+ items on the GTN as a temporary stepping stone.
Once you're geared enough to handle Makeb, you can head to Oricon to get your free 5 pieces of rating 156 gear, which should make everything else much easier.
The Red Eclipse
Jayšey - Gol'dy - Raibbach - Locnlol - Rex'Power'Colt - Ki'Sazen
Nyctis - Dre'xin - Jaegerk - Nahzeer - Pan'thera

Amilyne
04.05.2014 , 10:48 AM | #18
Okay, so I changed a few things and had a guildie help run me through the starting Oricon quest for gear. With 7 pieces of new gear my health went to 22490 and force bonus damage of 737.2. I went back to Makeb and took out the druids with little problem (minus the bug that seems to happen in Dr. Oggurobb's Lab, in which the npc keep resetting when almost dead). but they are not much of a problem other then killing them twice.

I have some more gear to upgrade, and things should get easier for Oricon solo.

Thank you for all your help as it was just a gear issue. Pro tip, don't always go with the gear that looks pretty.

toha
04.05.2014 , 11:02 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Amilyne View Post
Pro tip, don't always go with the gear that looks pretty.
no no no! Go with the gear that looks pretty just make sure it's up to date

As for the values you're giving, can you just put the A/M/E rating? IE 58(Makeb comms vendor),66(Oricon),69(basic comms vendor)
it will make it easier to make heads and tails of.
Also what are the secondary stats that you're stacking(crit, power, accuracy,and so forth), and what's your role dps or healer?
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Nobody wants your scams.

And if you spent your time doing this, then you are a fool. Shoo, shoo. Get lost.

TarisKnight
04.18.2014 , 11:08 AM | #20
The overall difficulty on Makeb is indeed a little higher - but still, you should be by long lv. 55 when you get there. I don┤t know why the level should be a problem there. I played up to Makeb with 6 characters until now - they all hit lv. 55 already at the beginning of Corellia (that means even before finishing the story quests). After Corellia still comes the whole Ilum-Questline, then the Black Hole and Section X-Dailies and so on. Arriving on Makeb it felt already an eternity since I had reached lv. 55. And by the way: without ever having used xp-boosts or ever having played on double xp weekends (which are in my opinion the most useless thing since the game gives sufficient xp anyway)

Unless, of course, you belong to the "content-skipping" faction - then of course things can look pretty different. There are people that skip whole quest lines and I have even heard of those skipping whole planets - of course if you do that you should not complain that Makeb proves too difficult.