Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good bye guys

Andryah
02.06.2014 , 10:30 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Personally I believe everyone is right to a certain point. Engine has issues and those issues are very depended on hardware. It runs fine on my computer, even with 176 people on the feet, but I know that isn't the case for everyone. Only times I have had issues is when they don't take the server down for two weeks for maintenance, right before the end of the second week I have lag issues and avoid the fleet.

So while agree the engine isn't great and can even be called bad, I think it is combination of factors, so if you want to play the game you have to fix what you can on your end to make the game playable.
^^ This.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

branmakmuffin
02.06.2014 , 10:31 AM | #42
Yet another "I'm leaving, but not really, because if I were leaving I would just leave" troll thread.

Haven't seen one of these in hours.

Rasen
02.06.2014 , 10:31 AM | #43
I have a good PC and since launch have had less than 3 issues with the game from a graphics standpoint. Frame rate has always been consistent. I don't lag much even when we had the large wars on Ilum in January 2012. I mean I lagged a little, but it was never a slide show like for some people.

SOOOO The engine works fine for me.

TUXs
02.06.2014 , 10:33 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Then you explain why 16 different people on 16 different computers get the same problems? Hmmm...one factor is part of all 16, the GAMES ENGINE!
He won't explain anything. He's not here to debate anything, he's simply here to antagonize (and he has company now).

Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Personally I believe everyone is right to a certain point. Engine has issues and those issues are very depended on hardware. It runs fine on my computer, even with 176 people on the feet, but I know that isn't the case for everyone. Only times I have had issues is when they don't take the server down for two weeks for maintenance, right before the end of the second week I have lag issues and avoid the fleet.

So while agree the engine isn't great and can even be called bad, I think it is combination of factors, so if you want to play the game you have to fix what you can on your end to make the game playable.
Precisely! Well said mike!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

tangleknot
02.06.2014 , 10:54 AM | #45
Built my Machine 2 years ago for $700, and I'm playing either at or close to max video settings, no lag (except tarsis sometimes). It might be time for an upgrade?

Infernixx
02.06.2014 , 11:06 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
He won't explain anything. He's not here to debate anything, he's simply here to antagonize (and he has company now).

Precisely! Well said mike!
There are a lot of different types of computers out there and many of them are old and/or bad.

I recommend those with computer issues pony up the cash and get a non-bargain basement comp. It'll do wonders for just about everything they do, not just TOR.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Oyranos
02.06.2014 , 06:59 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Denerio View Post
The engine this game runs on is complete garbage. He doesn't need a new pc. This game needs a new engine.
can they transfer it to a new engine? I think not... they have to re-write the code? I am not advanced with game engines, but since the draw distanse is so limited, you can feel it.

I wonder if there is anything they could do.... They paid so much for the game 200m if I remember correct, but most of it went to the sound.

Starfighter is really good though... 100fps flowless.

Mallorik
02.06.2014 , 11:26 PM | #48
I cant believe people actually try to defend this engine and are still telling people with problems to get new computers. I know several people who had very good computers who could never run this game right.

If you say its stupid too keep complaining about the engine because the game will be closed down before they get a new engine you have a good point, but if youre one of the people saying the engine is fine then ask the devs why they cant do half of the things older mmos have been doing for a decade.

GOLANX
02.06.2014 , 11:36 PM | #49
I ran SWTOR on a laptop that burned up on 10 yr old games, without problems. ofc i kept the settings low, and played on the European Servers (i am in America) so that i could play during low pop times, my commando reached level 52 before my laptop finally bit the dust.

DarthVengeant
02.07.2014 , 06:21 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
There are a lot of different types of computers out there and many of them are old and/or bad.

I recommend those with computer issues pony up the cash and get a non-bargain basement comp. It'll do wonders for just about everything they do, not just TOR.
"pony up"...yet another elitist holier than thou type of comment.

Not everyone is able to afford to build a new PC. I couldn't afford to even buy a Blu-Ray movie sir. Not everyone is in a good financial situation that they can just "pony up" and get money from the air. But, I am sure there will be some rude condescending comment about that too....

My game runs as well as other people in my guild who have brand new machines....experiencing the same game issues as I and everyone else. Getting the same Frame Rate drops in the same spots at the same time, etc, etc. One factor is the same across all things, the game and it's engine. Period. We all run other games and other MMO's just fine...it is only SWTOR that is the continual factor of being any problem.