Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP - What YOU should be doing in warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP - What YOU should be doing in warzones

timewyrm
01.10.2014 , 02:40 AM | #121
I know I'm not the best player in the world, but in at least 50% of the matches I've played, I end up guarding one of the objectives after capping it. The problem with that is that I'm playing as a healer and should really be out there healing my team. I'm constantly asking if somebody can come take over so I can heal, but so far only once has somebody listened.

Also, people don't seem to respond to calls for help 50% of the time ?

georgemattson
01.10.2014 , 08:24 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by timewyrm View Post
I know I'm not the best player in the world, but in at least 50% of the matches I've played, I end up guarding one of the objectives after capping it. The problem with that is that I'm playing as a healer and should really be out there healing my team. I'm constantly asking if somebody can come take over so I can heal, but so far only once has somebody listened.

Happened to me all the time as a sentinel. I wasn't the best guard in the world either, but I figured that any guard is better than no guard at all.
...and I'm back. For the third time. Maybe the fourth. I've lost count. Leveling yet another Sentinel/Maruader, and I'll likely figure out what I'm doing in about a month or so, right before I quit again. Not sure if I'm subscribing again.

timewyrm
01.10.2014 , 10:02 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by georgemattson View Post
I wasn't the best guard in the world either, but I figured that any guard is better than no guard at all.
I know, which is why I always stay put. Ah well, I offer and if they don't want or listen, it's their loss. I think next time I'll tell people what to do in terms of strategy

DarthMaulUK
02.05.2014 , 02:47 AM | #124
Just to add -

COMMON SENSE.
I know you can't buy common sense but with the recent changes to the agent/scoundrel class - if you see more than 1, chances are they will team up and gank - (this also applies to Sins/Shadows) so don't leave poor old Fred alone at a node or pylon, only to be ganked.

Depending on the map, be mindful and always check to see if anything is happening - look at health bars for those guarding - don't stand right on top of the pylon(like most do) - this avoids you getting stunned and losing a pylon.

EzioMessi
02.05.2014 , 07:01 AM | #125

I have noticed that too. On my Sentinel, I get stuck guarding the node plenty of times. And on my lowbie Sage, i get stuck guarding nodes even when healing. I mean, I get telling a DPS to guard in certain cases. If we don't have tanks or stealths, my Sentinel is the next most survivable player (even thoguh he's the easiest to sap-cap), and my Sage (at 51) will have 2 CC breaks. But why would they make a healer guard?

I do have a solution I have for this, is that I don't "ask" or "request" these things anymore. I simply order them. If you appear to be a next level pro, while still ordering the most basic things, people listen. The next time you're playing, don't say "can someone guard?", say, "healer here, headed mid." Now, people listen.
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

DarthMaulUK
02.05.2014 , 07:55 AM | #126
I think people just do not want to guard. It is a thankless task. If you lose the node, you're a nOOb, you sometimes feel alone after your 10th call for help - the list goes on.

It's about time there was a defender buff with medals, because I have noticed the slow rate which they awarded. on Civil War, you may not get any sometimes(bug). Rule of thumb, its better to have a stealth guarding but one who has the sense to call (mind zap) wait for help then attack - instead of watching 2 Guardians/commandos etc coming at them, fight them to the death, lose the point - then call.

DarthMaulUK
02.05.2014 , 07:57 AM | #127

You don't need to be the best player in terms of combat, just a player who has the sense to watch nodes, call, etc - that's a key skill so many players lack. If you call for help and no one comes, I do what I can, die respawn then join the main group - because if they can't be bothered, I can't be bothered.

DarthMaulUK
05.18.2014 , 01:25 AM | #128
Bump. Since there's been so many posts from Bads regarding quitters

t-darko
05.18.2014 , 02:29 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Bump. Since there's been so many posts from Bads regarding quitters
Quitters- those no good non contributors who believe that every game is a win because they are on the team, then realize that the team they're on won't carry them, then spams the ops chat with 'noobs' 'L2P' comment instead of contributing, those who if they don't quit just goes afk and continues to spam the opschat - there are absolutly no defense to this behavior. If u Q in pug's you are bound to be teamed up with those who are less talented for the PvP aspect of the game. To think or even reason otherwise is naive, juvenile and childish. to avoid ending up with a team that u don't like or deem lesser in ability, you team up with those u know, know the trade, so to speak. But to whine 'bout 'Bads' in PUGS is like complaining about being wet standing in the rain . . .

Quitters are a sorry bunch of PvPers and if u are a quitter and haven't found a team you should ask your self, WHY You can't find a team!?

quitters in Ranked!? Just ban them for life, IF you can't cope it when you Q in solo Q, and the possibility to be teamed up with a lesser PvPer DON'T Q in solo Q, Get a team and Q in Group Ranked, practice and practise again to gain stardome.

If you are a Quitter You have no excuses, Your just the Ultimate *BAD* !!!

Obilam
01.06.2015 , 02:15 AM | #130
The thing that continues to amaze me in these games is that the quitters think that a comment like "to many noobs" or "OMG you are ****" justifies them leaving the game.

If they want to quit then just quit.... i really don't care. I'm doing my best and learning what I can in the WZ. But please don't make a ridiculous comment like the above. You're probably making things harder by quitting.

However, and I am sure it was raised in this thread way back............ those kinda people (and they are a 'kinda' people) almost certainly will not be reading this thread.

LAM