Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Hacks

Nightkin
02.05.2014 , 12:14 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexhno View Post
this has nothing to do with intelligence.
You are quite right, this post reeks of a lack of IQ

batleths
02.21.2014 , 04:05 PM | #62
Wow have you played much go to youtube and you will find a ton of hacks being used. You don't understand it is not normal for guys to be twice your speed or attack 3 times to your 1.
Jimvinny you need to wake up and shut up

Quote: Originally Posted by jimvinny View Post
dude, you haven't been around very long. More than likely, what you think are hacks are simply abilities that you do not know of or do not understand. Don't feel bad about your ignorance, but do something about it. Learn what other classes can do. Not only will it help you understand what you are seeing, it will also help you counter those abilities.

idnewton
02.21.2014 , 08:33 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by batleths View Post
Wow have you played much go to youtube and you will find a ton of hacks being used. You don't understand it is not normal for guys to be twice your speed or attack 3 times to your 1.
Jimvinny you need to wake up and shut up
Wow, you can prove that hacks exist. Grats. I also guarantee that if you go to torparse.net, that site exists. See? I can prove irrelevant points too. Looking at my achievements, I've played 635 PvP matches and counting, since 2.0. I already had four valor 50 characters by then. I have seen one single hack that I can confirm, someone walking up to the door in voidstar and planting the bomb with absolutely no cast. I also saw some kind of speed-hack-looking thing in Huttball, but I didn't get a good look at it. Both over a year ago. Do hacks exist? Yes. Common? No.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +30,000

I'm beginning to realize that us champions of denial who've stuck around all this time are the true Knights of this Fallen Empire that is the SWTOR itself. Just as in the Eternal Empire, this game has fallen due pride, lack of direction, and all-around incompetence.

Subbed from Dec. 15th, 2011 to Jan. 23rd, 2016. Left the game due to BioWare's ignorance, arrogance, and apathy.

Hei_Atzfel
02.21.2014 , 08:38 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexhno View Post
But when I firing on a lower level person and they absorb all my attacks and then turn around and hit me for 7K twice and I am dead.
Yeah, that falls under "class abilities that you do not know of or understand".

On my assassin I can do EXACTLY what you just described. All I do is use Force Shroud to grant 3 seconds of 200% force/tech immunity and then hit you with a Recklessness Discharge and Duplicity Maul. I can do that every single time. No hacks here.

letrusx
02.21.2014 , 08:40 PM | #65
I doubt you actually saw any hacks.

JerokTalram
03.30.2014 , 08:20 AM | #66
Hacks I have seen in WZs.
1) Speek Hack - people running from one end of the hutball map to the other at at least force speed speeds. I saw one guy who seemed to keep hold the line up for a minute.

2) Classes without stealth stealthing. I was in a warzone with 2 guildies who will verify that we saw a known hacker on the other team stealthing as a Sage.

3) I have seen a Jug seem to use more than one medkit in a one on one fight. Or healing somehow without any other players in the area.

4) Extended invulnerbility - I seen various classes be invulnerable for 1 to 2 minutes. I pretty sure there's no defensive cool downs that last that long. Most are 10 seconds or less.

5) Lag Spikes. - I seen these a far bit and I know they are possible but it's hard to know if a lag spike is caused by a cheat or just process on your system or the server being blocked.

6) Jumping off the Shuttle in Void Star before the barrier comes down. I know they claimed to have fixed this one but I am pretty sure it still works.

malachyg
03.30.2014 , 08:41 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by letrusx View Post
I doubt you actually saw any hacks.
Are you being honest here? Do you genuinely believe that no hacks are being used, despite youtube footage proving it? The hacks are freely available on the net and Bioware hasn't take a particularly tough stance against cheaters in the past so it continues.

Heal-To-Full
03.30.2014 , 08:56 AM | #68
There are entire websites dedicated to MMO hacks, and SWTOR sections aren't filled with guesswork. They're filled with developers, feature requests, changelogs, and, of course, well-documented working hacks themselves.

The only reasons they aren't as common as in some other games is people don't care about SWTOR PvP enough to risk getting banned - as bans are being handed out for most known hacks - for a few dishonest wins, when they can get 90% of what they want by simply afk'ing in stealth on a laptop, win or lose.
What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence of the Sith race and the Sith people, the glory of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the Empire, so that we may fulfill the mission allotted us by the Force itself. Everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility.

Josewales
03.30.2014 , 11:09 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by LeHovah View Post
Wait, you're accusing someone as a hacker because they killed you?
Wait, let us google you first...

http://www.urspecial.com

idnewton
03.30.2014 , 11:56 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by JerokTalram View Post
Hacks I have seen in WZs.
Uh huh. Bet I can disprove every one.

1) Speek Hack - people running from one end of the hutball map to the other at at least force speed speeds. I saw one guy who seemed to keep hold the line up for a minute.
Speed boost powerup in the pits in front of the goals. Plus, Hold the Line only increases your speed while in combat. It replaces Sprint, whether it's intended to or not, and for that reason will actually decrease your speed by 5% while outside of combat.

2) Classes without stealth stealthing. I was in a warzone with 2 guildies who will verify that we saw a known hacker on the other team stealthing as a Sage.
This is a very tricky one to resolve and I have to admit it had me fooled to the point of confronting someone directly about it. If you keep thinking about it, about the abilities, about the classes, about the mechanics, it still doesn't make sense. Easy solution? Leave the warzone. Not even kidding. You can't log out, but you can literally right-click the warzone button and leave, in combat. Stupid, probably a bug, but possible. I'd qualify it as an unconfirmed exploit, but it's not the kind of 'code exploit' that a hack would be. In addition, the reason I even feel like it's worth putting on these forums (I wouldn't put a real and dangerous exploit here) is that the player who does it gets nothing progression-oriented out of it. They get, what, a few seconds of humor? If that? They don't get warzone rewards though, so they're hurting themselves more than anything else. Again, I can't hold that one against you though. Had me fooled too, and quite thoroughly I might add.

3) I have seen a Jug seem to use more than one medkit in a one on one fight. Or healing somehow without any other players in the area.
Juggernauts (and guardians) have an ability (Endure Pain for Juggernaut, Enure for Guardian) that 'heals' them whenever they use it. It gives them, as I recall, 30% HP back for a certain period of time, which is similar if not identical to a Warzone Medpac. However, you'll notice a buff on their bar with the same icon as the ability, and when it wears off they will lose the HP. However, since you've said this occurs in the middle of a fight, I can understand how it would be hard for you to know that HP was actually taken away because of the ability, not simply because they got hit by a giant Ambush or something else like that. This ability, unlike Medpacs, does not have a limited use per fight (outside of its cooldown)

4) Extended invulnerbility - I seen various classes be invulnerable for 1 to 2 minutes. I pretty sure there's no defensive cool downs that last that long. Most are 10 seconds or less.
Judging by your definition of 'invulnerable' and your uncertainty of general abilities, I do have to wonder how long you've played and why the majority of these 'hacks' are just abilities that certain classes and specs have.

No class is 'invulnerable' for any period of time except Sages and Sorcerers, and they cannot move. The main way to tell if a target is invulnerable is if your damaging attacks say 'Immune' when they hit the target. Anything else, things like Resist, Dodge, Miss and Parry, are all standard methods of failing to hit your target. Remember, tanks stack a lot of defensive stats and at least two of the three healers have armor buffs tied to certain heals, so an unusually-durable player is not all that unusual.

5) Lag Spikes. - I seen these a far bit and I know they are possible but it's hard to know if a lag spike is caused by a cheat or just process on your system or the server being blocked.
I have to say, I did see this in one Novare a long time ago, and it was pretty obviously some kind of program doing it. I only saw it once, and haven't seen it in a very long time.

And considering I've played about 400 warzones in the last six weeks, I'd say I'm somewhat up-to-date on what's going on

6) Jumping off the Shuttle in Void Star before the barrier comes down. I know they claimed to have fixed this one but I am pretty sure it still works.
I think I might've seen this a single time before it got fixed. Never seen it since.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +30,000

I'm beginning to realize that us champions of denial who've stuck around all this time are the true Knights of this Fallen Empire that is the SWTOR itself. Just as in the Eternal Empire, this game has fallen due pride, lack of direction, and all-around incompetence.

Subbed from Dec. 15th, 2011 to Jan. 23rd, 2016. Left the game due to BioWare's ignorance, arrogance, and apathy.