Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to Become a Contender: Supplemental(Bolster, PvP Gear, and You)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How to Become a Contender: Supplemental(Bolster, PvP Gear, and You)

eartharioch
02.04.2014 , 09:06 AM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Well mods and enhancements don't show the number, but I believe barrels, hilts, and armoring has the item rating in the details as you mouse over it. So a 31 barrel has a rating of 162, assume mods and enhancements with the 31 designation are 162 as well...
Based on my observations, that is not correct. The armor/barrel/hilt level appears to determine (as in "is equal to") the overall item level, and changing mods and enhancements has no impact. So, I assume that the absence of an 'item level" for a mod or enhancement is accurately indicating that that component has no affect on the the overall item level.

Nothing says "worked on by multiple groups that did not communicate" like having several independent numbering schemes that can *almost* match up.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!

DarthOvertone
02.04.2014 , 12:56 PM | #242
How is Bolster with the new 2.6 Patch? Any changes?
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

L-RANDLE
02.04.2014 , 04:46 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
Based on my observations, that is not correct. The armor/barrel/hilt level appears to determine (as in "is equal to") the overall item level, and changing mods and enhancements has no impact. So, I assume that the absence of an 'item level" for a mod or enhancement is accurately indicating that that component has no affect on the the overall item level.

Nothing says "worked on by multiple groups that did not communicate" like having several independent numbering schemes that can *almost* match up.
If that were the case, you wouldn't have a difference between 69/69/69 and 69/63/61.

You can wear multiple combinations, every slot is independent, total rating needs to be 459 or less to get full bolster...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

L-RANDLE
02.04.2014 , 04:48 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
How is Bolster with the new 2.6 Patch? Any changes?
Well I got a 10K Maul. Not sure if buff were active, but from my own personal stats, there has been no change...

vdbswong
02.05.2014 , 10:57 AM | #245
If that were the case, you wouldn't have a difference between 69/69/69 and 69/63/61.

You can wear multiple combinations, every slot is independent, total rating needs to be 459 or less to get full bolster...
Just curious as i was reading the thread.

The <459 value comes from 162+150+146 (69/63/61) = 458.

However, would 168+146+140 (72/61/58) = 454 be a better combination since you trade ~9 points of stats, but gain a higher Base Damage (+35-52) and Force Power (+70).

Or even 180+140+136 (78/56/58) = 456, ~7 points of stats lost, but +107-161 Base Damage and +215 Force Power.

L-RANDLE
02.05.2014 , 11:43 AM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by vdbswong View Post
Just curious as i was reading the thread.

The <459 value comes from 162+150+146 (69/63/61) = 458.

However, would 168+146+140 (72/61/58) = 454 be a better combination since you trade ~9 points of stats, but gain a higher Base Damage (+35-52) and Force Power (+70).

Or even 180+140+136 (78/56/58) = 456, ~7 points of stats lost, but +107-161 Base Damage and +215 Force Power.
Well I would suspect maybe so, but I am not raiding or buying this to find out...

Do you have screens of these and compared attack ratings?

vdbswong
02.05.2014 , 12:09 PM | #247
Well I would suspect maybe so, but I am not raiding or buying this to find out...

Do you have screens of these and compared attack ratings?
I just threw something together on Ask Mr Robot, assuming the numbers there are correct.

I'll put something together in game just to confirm, but:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-afd12624a8c2

Is 78/56/58 in the MH and 69/63/61 in the OH on the "Gear" tab and 72/61/58 is in the MH "Wish List" Tab.

vdbswong
02.05.2014 , 12:23 PM | #248
I just threw something together on Ask Mr Robot, assuming the numbers there are correct.

I'll put something together in game just to confirm, but:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-afd12624a8c2

Is 78/56/58 in the MH and 69/63/61 in the OH on the "Gear" tab and 72/61/58 is in the MH "Wish List" Tab.
It looks like the AMR numbers are a little off, i'll get some screenshots of in game values.

vdbswong
02.05.2014 , 12:49 PM | #249
http://i.imgur.com/1IScZiT.jpg

There's a screencap comparing the 72/61/58 and 69/63/61 (the two Outbreak Response Lightsabers... ignore the Sword of the Vigilant... that's just my PvE MH since i only had OH hilts to play with).

Don't have enough comms for the Oriconian Hilt yet.

EDIT: In fact, whilst the Base Damage numbers on AMR where off, they were all off by the same amount, so the actual net "benefits" ended up being the same.

Also, I assume not many people will also find random Rakata pieces lying around their bank, so may have to get the 25 gear with Comms, which has slightly worse stats (-5 Power).

georgemattson
02.05.2014 , 03:00 PM | #250
http://i.imgur.com/1IScZiT.jpg

There's a screencap comparing the 72/61/58 and 69/63/61 (the two Outbreak Response Lightsabers... ignore the Sword of the Vigilant... that's just my PvE MH since i only had OH hilts to play with).

Don't have enough comms for the Oriconian Hilt yet.

EDIT: In fact, whilst the Base Damage numbers on AMR where off, they were all off by the same amount, so the actual net "benefits" ended up being the same.

Also, I assume not many people will also find random Rakata pieces lying around their bank, so may have to get the 25 gear with Comms, which has slightly worse stats (-5 Power).
Okay, so this may sound like a snarky question, but I honestly don't know the answer to this and am asking in good faith.

Given that your expertise is showing as 109, I would think this screenshot does not show a valid study of one set of mods as compared to another. Would the almost complete lack of bolster not skew the data?

My thought on this (and again, this is from someone who doesn't really know this system very well) would be that the best set of data would be to see how those three lightsabers stack up when you're sitting at 2018 Expertise.
Cancelled subscription again. Heading back to Star Wars Galaxies on Bloodfin. Send me an email if you're interested in learning about it (or Google Bloodfin).