Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Theorycrafting] DPS Scalars Moving from Dummy to Boss

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Damage-dealing
[Theorycrafting] DPS Scalars Moving from Dummy to Boss

steave
11.24.2013 , 06:13 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
And its for the best. No more complex maths and no more BS by devs. Just pure DPS (obv taking into account players of equal skill and gear.)

Inspiration still won't be accounted for but that should not matter too much.
Indeed, and honestly, I find it perfectly fair that the only class able to provide that buff gets to apply it to themselves during parsing, to account for the value added by it to the rest of the raid.

MGNMTTRN
11.24.2013 , 01:56 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by akabane_k View Post
so, this thread is essentially pointless now. nice
This thread was pointless from the moment that KBN decided to use the wrong armor penetration formula... so from its time of posting. I tried to turn it around but he has tactically ignored our work.

Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
The calculations are fairly easy to verify in part. Once we're done with the Vanguard/Powertech numbers, it will be pretty easy to verify their value quite precisely simply by parsing with an armor debuff. In any case…

If you would like to point out specific flaws in the math we're using, please feel free. That's why this is a thread. Otherwise, posting that you're considering all this work invalid until you see combat log verification is extremely counter-productive and borderline ignorant. All theory crafting proceeds in the manner we have followed, and it does so because statistical models are much smoother and produce far more precise results than practical testing. Of course, if theory crafting fails to predict actual bosses, then naturally the work is useless, but the point of good theory crafting is to account for all factors in a smooth, stochastic environment. If you can show that we have failed to account for the factors involved in a statistically sound manner, then please do so and we will adjust the work. Otherwise, randomly sniping the math just because it's math is not welcome.
-_-

odawgg
11.24.2013 , 02:05 PM | #143
the idea of the thread was a good one, just some wrong math is all, and yeah...KBN kinda disappeared, might have taken break from game...oh well

IInox
12.05.2013 , 08:16 AM | #144
so with 20% armor debuff and 500k HPs applyed at dummy all classes are at the same lvl? (without counting ispiration)
[Shadow Infiltration] Inox @ The Red Ecplise
New Shadow Balance in training!
Infiltration/Deception & Balance/Madness Compendiums

Infiltration Shadow: Easy to learn, Hard to master, Impossible to compete. (cit.)

lordbadtamaru
12.10.2013 , 01:58 AM | #145
Not even close.

Although he MAY have gotten the armor debuff formula wrong, he touched on many points that were right.

Shadows, are STILL underpowered, but their best players are getting to 3.4

Vigilance guardians, are still around the same place, and their execute is crap. They are sitting around 3.3-3.4, once Kisheksun gets his crap together and gets us a good proc fished parse :P

Pyro/Assault has shown that its wayyyy ahead and I believe there is a 4k parse now.

I feel like class balance is looking a lot worse than before now.

The next class rep round will be interesting. I have a lot of questions. Guardians need their buff. We have a **** execute.
You know who I am. I am here to troll da mad dawg.
Eph u troll. l2p u wersd grdian l2p.
Jonny4GrdRep so devs listen, and cringe!

lordbadtamaru
12.10.2013 , 01:59 AM | #146
Oh and the 500k dummy doesn't count. Thats like parsing on the old dummy for 1 minute and calling it good representation of dps.

1.5 million is where its at.

lordbadtamaru
12.10.2013 , 02:00 AM | #147
and KBN took a vacation I believe (Guildie) I'm pretty sure he will be back soon.

Xenphon
12.10.2013 , 06:30 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by IInox View Post
so with 20% armor debuff and 500k HPs applyed at dummy all classes are at the same lvl? (without counting ispiration)
Falver, the organiser of this thread, has decided to set the standard of 1 million with armour debuff to compare the dps between classes, so that's where you should look to see how the various classes will do. So far merc pyros (and mandos, I'd presume, but no parses from them yet) are the undisputed winners, having already reached 4k dps. Hybrid slingers continue with their high numbers. Annihilation marauders, lethality operatives and lightning sorcerers are seeing some positive, and significant, changes. Carnage marauders are doing better, but not the the extent of the previously mentioned specs. Same with marksman snipers, it seems. Although there's only really one assassin/shadow dps posting some really good numbers, he has proven what numbers they can achieve. Guardians/Juggs will probably see a small change due to execute phase, whereas arsenal mercs will remain unchanged. Not seen vanguard/powertech parses yet (be it hybrid or not). Same with madness sorc.

My overall impression is that melee is not where they should be, given the fact that they should generally doing more damage due to having to deal with more mechanics and movement. DF and DP certainly do not deviate from the melee unfriendly attitude. Fact of the matter is, however, that it is the ranged classes generally dominating the leaderboards. Annihilation may compete with MM snipers/slingers and lightning sorcs, but there's no chance they will be able to compete with pyro mercs.

Obviously there will be some differences in actual boss fights, but on average the ranged classes reign supreme. There's obviously players that can deal significant damage as melee, but in a lot of fights they have less uptime than ranged. Knight/warrior is the only class with a charge ability that closes distance. Socundrel/operative can do it, but at a significant energy cost. Shadow/sin can use force speed, but not nearly as effective, in my opinion. So in general I feel BW have some serious balance issues to correct. Dummy parsing should heavily favour all melee classes over ranged, not the opposite.
Xenphon - Marauder - Disciples of Babylon

Conquerer of the Dread Fortress // Gate Crasher

IInox
12.14.2013 , 06:27 PM | #149
dps of infiltration doesn't mean so much, I mean the same player can do 3300/3200/3100 dps, depending by lucky, just luck.

I'm min/maxed and I do perfectly the rotation but just 3145 for noe, I can take over 3200/3300 but I get so much boring at dummy lol and I don't try mayn times.

infiltrtion is just a joke.
[Shadow Infiltration] Inox @ The Red Ecplise
New Shadow Balance in training!
Infiltration/Deception & Balance/Madness Compendiums

Infiltration Shadow: Easy to learn, Hard to master, Impossible to compete. (cit.)

Levram
02.02.2014 , 07:26 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiala_X View Post
Do not click the above link. It is SWTOR referral program fraud.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Also I want to take this time to alert everyone of a forum rule. Due to the possible "trick" nature of using your referral link to trick someone into unintentionally becoming your referral, we are not allowing use of your referral links here on the forums until this issue is resolved. Whether that is being honest about what the link is, or trying to hide it, it will be removed. Any egregious breach of this rule can result in infraction points.