Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your ally is UNBEATABLE (then why are we losing so badly?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Your ally is UNBEATABLE (then why are we losing so badly?)

Banderal
01.25.2014 , 08:12 PM | #1
I keep trying to decide... when on a team that's getting crushed I hear "Your ally is unbeatable!" ***, I think? How the heck could someone NOT have died? Are they really good? Or are they just hiding in the corner. (Honest question - is it something I should be aspiring too?)
Imagynary - Fractional - Rhandom - Lottoe (Pub)
Eerational (Imp)

POT5

Crawelc
01.25.2014 , 08:14 PM | #2
L2YOLO <3 Numbers!!!!
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

cycao
01.25.2014 , 08:14 PM | #3
More than likely if you're really getting pounded and someone is unbeatable they're defending a node.

Banderal
01.25.2014 , 08:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
More than likely if you're really getting pounded and someone is unbeatable they're defending a node.
Actually it's usually me that's defending a node (I do that a lot for some reason). And I see it in the group that is trying to take the second one (and failing ). [Edit - say for example a NC match I just had. I'm solo guarding west. We just failed to take south, and I see my team streaming east. I see no less than THREE of them, one after another, get unbeatable. Huh?]
Eerational (Imp)

POT5

Banderal
01.25.2014 , 08:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
L2YOLO <3 Numbers!!!!
I have too many alts - I hardly see you in WZs Imprimis. But I always get unbeatable when fighting along side.
Eerational (Imp)

POT5

Sangrar
01.25.2014 , 08:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I keep trying to decide... when on a team that's getting crushed I hear "Your ally is unbeatable!" ***, I think? How the heck could someone NOT have died? Are they really good? Or are they just hiding in the corner. (Honest question - is it something I should be aspiring too?)
It only works if they get a certain amount of kills without dying themselves, they can be a great player while the rest of the team is uncoordinated or he himself is chasing kills rather than objectives, or is doing everything right and still losing, as long as he gets I think 25? kills without dying, he gets unbeatable.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

cashogy_reborn
01.25.2014 , 08:51 PM | #7
Its very easy to get 8 medals quickly
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

SirGusto
01.25.2014 , 08:51 PM | #8
If your really taking a pounding as a team, and you hear that, its probably a stealth that A. hides when the going gets tough, or B. He really is that good, because you do need to actually play to get the 10 medals or so in a row without dying.

I'm not sure about ops, but shadows can get at least 5 medals in the first couple minutes. Solo kill taking off node at the beginning, taking the node, 6k dmge in a single blow, throw taunts in the cluster for protection medals. defending the node. The rest of the medals may take the rest of the match to achieve, so I would think they need to be active to be unbeatable.

CaraExas
01.25.2014 , 09:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Its very easy to get 8 medals quickly
^ that...i think my record in a zerg was 8 medals in 45 secs from doing dmg and taunting. and getting a heal off overcharge saber.
"I fight because that is what I was made to do and the Empire is the instrument through which I realize my purpose. The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."

blarse
01.26.2014 , 01:52 AM | #10
Somewhat related question: How many medals without dying is it for "You're Immortal!" these days?