Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting for profit, crafting skills that generate income based on "market"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting for profit, crafting skills that generate income based on "market"

Marius_Xerxes
11.14.2013 , 09:12 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Just to note that I get 4 TR for something around 24k credits (6 or 8 alts on Unslicible) ... and 6-7 augments (5 - 8 actually but most times 6 or 7) from 5 queued on Armormech with 5% on comp and 3% legacy... even on server they sell about 80K per one = around 400K profit per 5 queued.
1 run on alts while drink my coffee at the morning and 1 when log on/log off at evening.
Same with kits - 2 queues of Q10 parts (3 and 2 companions each) = 1 queue for kits = 6-7 kits for 150k in mats = 400K profit.
But kits require tons of mats - full set (14) need above 2 stacks of each scavenging material... take too much time to gather so only crafting them for myself, friends and guild.
Yeah just difference in servers and RNG success rates, I suppose.

My lifetime cost for Therm Regs (from gathering) is sitting between 15-18k a piece. I get similar results as you crafting from +5 Armormech, +5 Armstech and +5 Syntheaving along with full affection and full legacy crafting. Augments on my server sell (currently) an average of 120k a piece. Some go for ~110k and others ~135k.

The only real difference between us with Augments is my RNG luck on gathering missions and the higher sell prices on my server. Mostly the higher sell rates though.

For kits, my mat cost to make ten kits is only around 60k. Even with no crits (though normal for me is 3-4 crits), those ten kits sell for ~75k (so ~750k for all ten) on the low end for me. One crit cancels out my mat costs, two crits compensate the 6% that the GTN takes away and any crits after the first two are essentially free money.

Fellfromgrace
11.15.2013 , 04:07 AM | #42
So I just came back to the game recently and have rolled a new toon. I'm sitting at level 45 and have Underworld Trading at 200 and Salvaging at 300 something. I picked up Cybertech but it's still at 0.

Am I correct in assuming I could make a fair profit at just creating blue quality armor mods for people in the 10-20 level range?

If so what level do I need to get my Cybertech up to?
The Shadow Cartel Peace is a lie
The Zealot Legacy

Marius_Xerxes
11.15.2013 , 10:20 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellfromgrace View Post
So I just came back to the game recently and have rolled a new toon. I'm sitting at level 45 and have Underworld Trading at 200 and Salvaging at 300 something. I picked up Cybertech but it's still at 0.

Am I correct in assuming I could make a fair profit at just creating blue quality armor mods for people in the 10-20 level range?

If so what level do I need to get my Cybertech up to?
Lots of people say they can/do make a good amount of cash making items in that range. Im looking into expanding into it myself. Without logging in and looking at my cybertech toons, I cant recall what level you need it to be at to make those. Ive always just max'd out my crafting and gathering skills once I have chosen them for a particular toon.

Criosdh
11.16.2013 , 11:57 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Maestrodomus View Post
What the hell are you talking about?
That's what I'm wondering. I don't see stuff going for the prices he's charging on ebonhawk. Mods/armorings are selling for less than half that.

Marius_Xerxes
11.17.2013 , 02:50 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Criosdh View Post
That's what I'm wondering. I don't see stuff going for the prices he's charging on ebonhawk. Mods/armorings are selling for less than half that.
Just depends on server like everything GTN related.

Grade 31 (72) Armorings, Mods, Hilts, Barrels and Enhancements go for 1mil+ on my server. Grade 30's (69) for 300-500k.

I don't sell any of that stuff, but those are the kind of prices I routinely see when I look that stuff up.

Criosdh
11.17.2013 , 06:23 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Marius_Xerxes View Post
Just depends on server like everything GTN related.

Grade 31 (72) Armorings, Mods, Hilts, Barrels and Enhancements go for 1mil+ on my server. Grade 30's (69) for 300-500k.

I don't sell any of that stuff, but those are the kind of prices I routinely see when I look that stuff up.
Yeah but that's the thing, I'm on HIS server lol.

Marius_Xerxes
11.17.2013 , 07:28 PM | #47
Lol ok I understand now.

Kacynski
11.22.2013 , 12:07 AM | #48
You might want to check the date on the OP, this thread is going for quite some time and I assume prices changed. I don't know, might still be exaggerated, but this might be the reason.

OT: I am into crafting, but not a big GTN seller, I just like to supply my army of alts. I do routinely sell barrels/hilts/armorings/mods that I have left over from critting, and I can attest that lvl 18 - 40 (charecter lvl speaking here) is the best for making money. It seems at lower level no one bothers and at higher level there are enough planetary comms available for gearing up, but the range I mentioned seems kinda sweet spot.

Augments and kits are another safe bet, but with buying the mats profit margin is low (on my server) and with the insane amount of components needed from RE'ing stuff I do not bother with it

Darevsool
11.22.2013 , 09:23 AM | #49
Right now there seems to be a market for crafted orange "war hero (rated)" armor shells. Since the 'rated' system was altered the requirement was taken off those armor schems (no longer available) and can be worn by anyone. I've seen prices ranging from 80k - 130k per piece.

Granted, it was probably an oversight by the devs, but it's been around at least a couple of weeks and they are aware of it.

Maestrodomus
12.02.2013 , 01:42 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Marius_Xerxes View Post
Not really at all. You can't crit when making armor, and get 2 pieces for the cost of one set of mats. All you can get is the free augment slot. Even then, the sell price isn't automatically double the non crit result. That was the point of that post, making your mats stretch as far as possible.

And as I mentioned, armor/weapon crafters have to contend with the Cartel Market, Reputation vendors and quest drops for gear looks. I feel pretty confident (based on nothing more then observation on my server only) that most individuals looks are gear pieces obtained via the Cartel Market and Rep vendors already. So selling those wares in volume (compared to my example items) is difficult.

So in the end, with my example, only other crafters are working "against" you in trying to sell those specific wares, rather then the alternative of crafters, vendors, quests and the cartel market working against you if your selling armor/weapons.

It's a easy and rather inexpensive investment to get setup and start making money in game.
The problem is everyone else is doing the same thing, and products that crit for double are selling for less than the raw mats cost and that's not even counting commission. Your assumption is that the market is ignorant to the fact that they're getting double the product for the same mats when in fact sellers flooding these markets are aware of this and pricing accordingly. It still makes money but not considerably more than just crafting armor. The smartest thing is to do both. I personally have made hundreds of millions of credits selling armor and augments for Synthweaving/Armormech.

Selling armor is very profitable if you have desirable schematics or have taken the time to unlock the best combinations of purple gear. For the most part it's more enjoyable because the market is steadier than augments, and you don't have to constantly price check and undercut.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]