Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

DarkDoz
11.21.2013 , 02:50 PM | #711
Soon to be 53 years young and a professional Studio drummer.

Milwa
11.27.2013 , 06:57 AM | #712
I'm 54 years old, female, professional IT all classes, favorite Jedi Guardian, Bounty Hunter, Trooper

translucentwolf
11.27.2013 , 12:08 PM | #713
Quote: Originally Posted by malchevious View Post
43 year old Training Manager. Used to carry an Alienware lapper along with my business lapper on business trips to play COH/WOW.
42 software consultant here. If the trip's long enough, I'll take along an alienware along with the work machine. Bit of a pain to have to put each in their own tray at security.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

SamSporty
11.27.2013 , 08:10 PM | #714
Hi ... I guess I don't quite meet the criteria of the title as I will not be 45 for another 6 months.

I have worked in IT at various levels for the past 13 years. Everything from assembling custom-built PCs in a local small computer shop to my current positions as a Citrix administrator at a hospital here in my home town. I guess it makes me a bit anti-social, but I would still rather tinker with computers than spend time with most people I know.

I have played SWTOR since launch. It is only the 2nd MMO I have ever played. The only other MMO I have played was that "other" Star Wars MMO who's name shall not be mentioned.

I have Republic and Imperial toons spread across a few servers. Because I am a casual player and can't seem to pick a toon and class to stick with, I have only managed to get 2 toons to level 55. But I enjoy the game and will probably keep pecking away at it until something else with lightsabers comes along.
SamSporty

Corzra
11.29.2013 , 07:58 AM | #715
ah 47 year disabled and still play war game and rpg and the like. playing game keep the mind young and full of ideal and steam so no problem there would love to find a guild were i could play with same set minds...
Corzra...

Be sith or die!!....

Ahsh
11.29.2013 , 12:05 PM | #716
Not quite in the club 45+ but 37 working for a major amusement enterprise in Central Florida. My daughter helped me design my characters which is pretty cool. We just starting watching Clone Wars together and I can't wait to pull her out of school to see Ep 7 like my parents did for me for Ep 6.

MilesTeg_cy
12.02.2013 , 08:54 AM | #717
Still 5 years behind to become a member for the 45+ club. During the day, I'm a manager in a major media corporation in my country. When the sun sets, the picture changes completely I'm spending my hours surfing between the light or the dark side depending on my mood during the nights. TBH this is my first MMO. Resubbed after a few months of break and 120 days of play time for now. Time will tell the rest
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

LFox
12.02.2013 , 11:23 AM | #718
I think Everyone in my guild is over 30. Def know of a few in their 50's. I am a VP of an international software firm, and know quite a few ex pats who play. Although we are all in Asia and the lag is killing us .

Oovebei
12.02.2013 , 12:26 PM | #719
Old enough to remember getting excited about going to see the 'space' movie in 1977..... Not quite eligible for the 45+ club, but if there is a 40+ club let me know.

Formally a project manager for a Local Government, before that I worked in the Health Service. Started off in the MMO field with SWG and EQ2, after brief encounters with STO and EVE I landed in SWTOR. I play both Dark and Light Side, but I do miss the ability to play as a Rodian as I could in SWG.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows them?

Vitesse_
12.03.2013 , 02:23 PM | #720
I am a 44 year old Female who works at a Not for Profit by day and designs and sells fashion at night. Lately, I have been enjoying my Jedi Sage who is 53 now (I think my signature says she is 37 or 38). When she gets to 55, by this weekend I will have the TRIAD (too bad I can't use them together). My next goal is to level a Jedi Knight to 55.

I have played all kinds of MMORPG's including Asheron's Call, Everquest (I and II), Wow, Rift, Secret World (which doesn't get the credit it deserves) and EVE,. I don't own a TV (and never have) and find 2 hours with SWTOR to be equal to the entertainment value of 500 hours of Survivor. That is why I play.

If I had a wish, it would be to have a steady three people to do flashpoints with me three nights a week so we could gear up all of our 55's together and can trust each other not to ninja-loot, and accomplish mutual goals.
Lindsay (55 Vanguard) | Camino (55 Gunslinger) | Karole (55 Sage) |