Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who wrote the imperial agent story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Who wrote the imperial agent story?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Peeved
11.19.2013 , 09:40 AM | #1
I am totally blown away with this story. I am at the beginning of the quesh part, and so far the agent story has been superb! Don't get me wrong, the other stories on my republic characters are good(I admit I found the consular story somewhat boring though...sorry bioware). But, can whoever wrote the agent story please also write the trooper story in the next addition please? That would be fantastic. And please do this before Christmas, because we all know the world revolves around me... Thank you whoever wrote the agent story.

Vandicus
11.19.2013 , 09:41 AM | #2
Alex Freed i believe.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

crazysam
11.19.2013 , 09:44 AM | #3
Yeah the agent story is awesome! My favorite.

Euphrosyne
11.19.2013 , 09:48 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Peeved View Post
But, can whoever wrote the agent story please also write the trooper story in the next addition please? That would be fantastic. And please do this before Christmas, because we all know the world revolves around me... Thank you whoever wrote the agent story.
Freed still does Star Wars writing nowadays, but it's on a freelance basis. He seems to mostly handle comics these days.

But I agree, the Agent's story is great and Freed deservedly gets a lot of praise for it.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

Bronagh
11.19.2013 , 09:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Peeved View Post
I am totally blown away with this story. I am at the beginning of the quesh part, and so far the agent story has been superb! Don't get me wrong, the other stories on my republic characters are good(I admit I found the consular story somewhat boring though...sorry bioware). But, can whoever wrote the agent story please also write the trooper story in the next addition please? That would be fantastic. And please do this before Christmas, because we all know the world revolves around me... Thank you whoever wrote the agent story.
The only stories I haven't finished yet are the Consular and Smuggler, and so far the Imperial agent is hands down my favourite. Not my favourite class to play but definitely the story I have enjoyed the most.

Agree 100%, very good job on that one.

ImpactHound
11.19.2013 , 10:01 AM | #6
I think it helps that there wasn't a strong point of reference to make it match up to already in the movies or books(smugglers needed to feel like Han Solo, etc). It still had problems, like the accents being terrible at times, I couldn't tell that my agent was faking accents at first and had to have that explained to me after the fact. And I still think it was sloppy. Also choices don't matter. It was still decent overall.

Infernixx
11.19.2013 , 10:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpactHound View Post
I think it helps that there wasn't a strong point of reference to make it match up to already in the movies or books(smugglers needed to feel like Han Solo, etc). It still had problems, like the accents being terrible at times, I couldn't tell that my agent was faking accents at first and had to have that explained to me after the fact. And I still think it was sloppy. Also choices don't matter. It was still decent overall.
If you're involved with your character's development and moral journey, then yes, the choices do matter a great deal.

If all that isn't that important to you, then no, the choices don't really matter because you have to get from Point A to Point B and players instinctively feel that and try and veer off toward Point Potato.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

EricMusco
11.19.2013 , 10:10 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Alex Freed i believe.
Vandicus is correct. The Imperial Agent story was written by Alexander Freed. I remember after I finished it (my first 50 at launch was an Operative) I made it a point to find his desk at the office and tell him how much I loved it.

Keep playing other class stories though, they are all great!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ImpactHound
11.19.2013 , 10:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
If you're involved with your character's development and moral journey, then yes, the choices do matter a great deal.

If all that isn't that important to you, then no, the choices don't really matter because you have to get from Point A to Point B and players instinctively feel that and try and veer off toward Point Potato.
Not what I meant but you can take it that way.

Spoiler

DarthTHC
11.19.2013 , 10:14 AM | #10
You're only on Quesh? Strap yourself in tight. It gets better.

If I didn't hate the Operative mechanics so much, I'd play through that story over and over again.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer