Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

X-500 Wraith Sharpshooter

dark-horses
11.16.2013 , 05:23 PM | #1
Where does it drop from???? I've looked on darthater, swtor-spy, Gamepedia, TOR-fashion...and all I can find for a drop location was "world drop" anyone have any actual specific information on this??

JacksonMo
11.16.2013 , 07:24 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by dark-horses View Post
Where does it drop from???? I've looked on darthater, swtor-spy, Gamepedia, TOR-fashion...and all I can find for a drop location was "world drop" anyone have any actual specific information on this??
One of the things that makes SWTOR different from other games is the notion of "world drop".
Say, for example if you were playing WOW, and you wanted a certain staff because it grants underwater breathing (actually did this back when I played it) you could farm a certain dungeon till you got it.
Not here. When they say "world drop" they mean any mob has a chance to drop it.
Prior to 2.0 HM flashpoint bosses and operation bosses were the only exception, and would reward a specific item.
The final boss in Battle of Illum dropped a Columi offhand, for example. (or was it a columi OH Token, I forget)
Stronger mobs have a greater chance at purple loot, but I've gotten purples from the weakest trash mobs, and rubbish from champions.

On a positive note, you can exchange planetary commendations for gear boxes. Purple gear box = random purple.