Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
11.14.2013 , 05:41 PM | #2401
Not likely, no. Unless they're some right *** who thinks it's all easy. It would be funny as all hell to see some over-confident, swaggering macho-man take it, and suddenly get all the crushing stigma and mixed-messages aimed at women, along with all the anti-trans and transmisogynist crap come pouring down. Hahaha.

I am a cruel person, but I realise this and am better for it.

(No I'm not.)

Palar
11.14.2013 , 06:17 PM | #2402
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Yeah those don't make sense _ tbh I didn't the whole list.

Gender identity is something studied in scholastic and academic circles, so it might not be something that's "set" yet.

AND OH MY GOD NEW COMPANIONS
http://dulfy.net/2013/11/14/swtor-ga...nd-crew-guide/

Maybe we'll get romances with them?
"There are eight new companions introduced with Galactic Starfighter. They are specifically for the Galactic Starfighter portion of the game and does not appear in rest of the game. They will fit the five crew spots by default. This allow players without companions (i.e. new characters) to play Galactic Starfighter without being at a disadvantage."

Set 'em and forget 'em GSF crew, who simply get shuffled for passive bonuses and maybe the co-pilot will spout reaction lines to battles. That's how I'm reading it.

(Inner Pedantic: Should be 'don't appear', not 'does not'.)

copperjack
11.14.2013 , 07:13 PM | #2403
Hopefully if they've gone into detail giving them different backstories they'll at least each have some conversations. They look like they could be interesting.

Palar
11.14.2013 , 08:21 PM | #2404
(Scratch that, misread part of it.)

I get the feeling they'll give little lines, like the starter companions do during Space Combat now. "Phew, close one!" and so on.

Dulfy's bit about "not appearing in-game" isn't a good sign for much else.

copperjack
11.14.2013 , 08:36 PM | #2405
The link says they can be co-pilots in the section where it shows what positions all the current companions can fill. I think if they were going to give us a bunch of new unvoiced companions it would have made more sense to completely skip that and just have customizeable pieces of ship armour to fill the roles instead.

Tatile
11.15.2013 , 04:01 AM | #2406
Ah, I missed the bit where they don't appear in-game. Why give them back story if you're never going to see them? Or talk to them?

Palar
11.15.2013 , 04:27 AM | #2407
According to the data-mining on Reddit, it's just their Codex entries.

OddballEasyEight
11.15.2013 , 04:29 AM | #2408
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Ah, I missed the bit where they don't appear in-game. Why give them back story if you're never going to see them? Or talk to them?
Because it takes all of five minutes to do so and brings alot more depth and interest to the characters?
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Palar
11.15.2013 , 04:42 AM | #2409
The free-loaders on my Consular's ship have more screen-time than the GSF "pit crew" will, I'm not sure I even count them as characters.

Tatile
11.15.2013 , 05:34 AM | #2410
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Because it takes all of five minutes to do so and brings a lot more depth and interest to the characters?
Considering that story content is supposedly so expensive and time consuming to make because writing takes a long time to do (so we've been told), I'm surprised.

Also, interest? Yeah, I was interested. For five minutes before being told you won't a) ever see them and b) ever interact with them.

What, they just randomly turn up on your ship because Darth Marr told you? And you never speak them once? They might as well be droids. They could be doing *********** anything in my engine room.

They're not doing anything in my "engine" room and that's the problem.