Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Next expansion share your ideas be creative :)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Next expansion share your ideas be creative :)

Klishar
11.14.2013 , 05:25 PM | #91
The Empire's Ploy

On the Imp side, the idea is to create a quagmire on Rhen Var in the same way they did on Hoth: draw the Republic's attention with myths & false leads that force them to sacrifice critical resources in pointless missions. The planetary quest line will play on this main concept, with the class stories following along.

Imperial Agent: the Agent is the one who infiltrates a secret pub base to discover the Republic's plans for invading the Seat of the Empire, so Agents everywhere can give themselves a pat on the back for such a find. Afterwards, they are sent to Rhen Var to disrupt their Republic counterparts, the SIS, in any way, shape, or form they can. The idea is to create confusion so that the Republic will not discover the truth of Rhen Var's importance, and therefore waste more resources trying to do so.

Sith Inquisitor: the consulars may believe that they have destroyed artifacts left behind by the ancient Sith; the truth is that those artifacts they found were actually planted by the Inquisitor. Entering that same vault via a tunnel located inside the main fortress, the Inquisitor's job is to secure the artifacts one by one and replace them with fakes imbued with the Inquisitor's own power, so as to sell that they are the real deal. Once the vault has been cleared, the Inquisitor exits via the same tunnel he/she used to enter, but then seals the entrance behind him/herself so that the Jedi will not discover it when they delve into these ruins. That way, as far as the Jedi know, there'll be only the entrance by which the Consulars use and they'll be none the wiser as to the Inquisitor's deception.

Bounty Hunter: the Emperor's Hand reaches out to the hunter with an offer: kill or capture Jedi masters on Rhen Var for money. Naturally, the hunter will get more if they bring the masters back alive: the Empire will want to interrogate these Jedi. However, the hunter will have a tough job of trying to deliver them as their quick travel ability will be disabled for the duration that they have a Jedi master in tow (frozen in carbonite of course). As such the hunter will have to travel across the frozen world of Rhen Var and haul the frozen masters back to the Imperial fortress before they can hunt another target; choosing to simply kill the masters will eliminate this trek and allow the hunter to continue with the hunt unhindered.

Sith Warrior: the Wrath is contacted by the Emperor's hand - the Emperor hid a powerful device here centuries ago. Keeping silent about the nature of his/her mission, as power-hungry Sith lords might try to steal the device, the Wrath ventures into a system of caves which lead right under the main Republic base. [The true irony is that the Jedi have suspiscions about this device, yet have no idea that the device is located just beneath their feet!] Upon locating the device, the Wrath discovers that he/she has been tracked: a 14-year-old human female who is apprenticed to Satele Shan has followed the Wrath in hopes of finally proving herself to her master. After a brief battle, the Wrath defeats the girl, who retreats in the direction of the Emperor's mysterious device. Big mistake! The device ensnares the young Padawan, turning her into the Emperor's Voice. Now the Wrath has two things to deliver to his master: the device that will restore his body and a new Voice.

DeltaBos
11.14.2013 , 06:55 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by ban-canal View Post
hi people i think that this thread should be ll about what we want what level cap story etc. Please dont get mad at anyone or worry about code
examle: i think it would be cool to go to kashyk with maybe the wookies have created a new technology and the empire and republic is fighting to get it. i think that it would be nice to have the level cap up to 60 and seperate stories for the classes. for example the BH starts going on a mission to become mandalore for the fame and glory or for pub side The jedi oreder has discovered sith ruins while exploring more of kashyks past and now the jedi consular struggles to destroy the evidence
I would really like to see individual stories expanded. I had the same idea for the BH story, rising among the Mandalorians and eventually becoming the Mandalore. I'm not sure where some of the other stories would go, but I am getting tired of getting the same story line regardless of class.

Xakthul
11.14.2013 , 07:22 PM | #93
IMO, the BH gets gypped story-wise compared to the other classes. Why does he/she not get a position of power?
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

DAWUSS
11.14.2013 , 07:46 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by DeltaBos View Post
I would really like to see individual stories expanded. I had the same idea for the BH story, rising among the Mandalorians and eventually becoming the Mandalore. I'm not sure where some of the other stories would go, but I am getting tired of getting the same story line regardless of class.
The only thing it does is allow me to play that story twice (once for each faction). For me, Makeb was my Inquisitor vs. my Trooper. If the next segment is another uniclass storyline, it might involve 2 different characters.

DeltaBos
11.14.2013 , 08:07 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
The only thing it does is allow me to play that story twice (once for each faction). For me, Makeb was my Inquisitor vs. my Trooper. If the next segment is another uniclass storyline, it might involve 2 different characters.
That's exactly my point. I'm tired of uniclass missions because I want all my characters to experience all the content, but I get tired of doing the same mission over and over again. Constantly doing the same missions is very tedious.

DAWUSS
11.15.2013 , 09:55 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by DeltaBos View Post
That's exactly my point. I'm tired of uniclass missions because I want all my characters to experience all the content, but I get tired of doing the same mission over and over again. Constantly doing the same missions is very tedious.
I'm right with you there. Heck, I'll do the planetary quest chain with one character. I try to do the same with random sidequests, but some can be structured in a way that they're repeatable, and others I just start to lose track of who did what.

Highborne
11.15.2013 , 10:52 PM | #97
Aaaaaand, the result?

Starfox PvP. Well done, Bioware.

Klishar
11.16.2013 , 04:08 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
IMO, the BH gets gypped story-wise compared to the other classes. Why does he/she not get a position of power?
Imo, that also happens to the agent as well. The most that would happen to them is that they simply disappear from existence. And I also felt that the agent should be allowed to kill Darth Zhorrid. So, at some point, let's see that happen: the agent kills Zhorrid and her father, then takes a position of power within the Empire. For the bounty hunter, let's see a point where he/she becomes Mandalore.

ban-canal
11.17.2013 , 12:16 PM | #99
i kind f want some moore sith run planets like dk or jedi ruins like on voss

kaiser_az
11.21.2013 , 01:04 PM | #100
Expansion idea: The Primordial WarThe dread masters defeated the sith and republic resume full scale conflict against each other. In the unknown regions the sith, who are more in tune with the dark side of the force sense a powerful dark energy from an unexplored area of the galaxy. The empire sends a small recon team, accompanied by the player obviously, to discover the source of this power. Little do they know the Republic is aware of imperial military activities in the unknown regions and follows them with their own recon team, consisting of the Republic players . The sith and republic come across a primordial world that has advanced only as far as world war 1 technology. The situation on the ground is a world war of primordial nations. The central power has somehow acquired weapons more advanced than anything the other nations of this world have seen and is using them to set about on global conquest.* The imperial recon team lands outside the besieged capital of the artic nation to the north east of the map.* The republic lands in the west on the outskirts of the major naval(as in battleship naval) base of the island nation on the western side of the map.* The imperials are unaware they were followed and in order to not draw attention to their activities decide against any kind of full scale invasion of the planet. The republic being humanitarian in nature is not looking to intervene in primordial development unless the empire acts first.* The empire side makes contact with the rulers of the artic nation and is informed of their situation. They are fighting a war against the central nation and are allied with the western island nation. The imperial recon team senses the dark energy is somewhere in the forests of the Central nation and is astounded at the power of their advanced weapons, some more powerful than their own.* The imperial quest line involves assisting the artic nation in their war to repel the central nations invasion. The republic on the other hand is reluctant to help the island nation to the west. The republic is confounded at the tribal warfare and mass killings that are occurring for what the Republic sees as no good reason. After witnessing an air raid from the central nation and the advanced weaponry being wielded the Republic agrees to lend limited assistance, meaning just the recon team,* to assist in the war for humanitarian reasons(but also largely to investigate how this primordial nation acquired such advanced weapons. The republic quest line involves them helping the island nation to repel the naval invasion from the central nation and follows by taking them to the desert of the southern continent to help the island nations southern allies. The quest line for the Republic culminates in the massive d-day style invasion of the Central continent that is in an open world area where npc's battle like some spots on balmorra but better.* The imperial quest line culminates in the final push into the capital of the Central nation and the investigation of the forests where the dark energy is emanating.* There the imperials discover that the central nation has been conducting intense dark side rituals. It is discovered that the high priests of this nation worship the dread masters as gods and wear replica masks for their rituals. When the gree hyper gate was opened on asation minds of several of the high priests were flooded with images of the dread masters.* The rituals performed here allowed seemingly primordial weapons to be infused with raw force power making them stronger than most weapons from the known galaxy.* Armed with the knowledge of force infused weapons and isotope 5 the empire makes final preparations for a massive counter assault.

I think this idea will work because it draws inspiration from actual human history like much of the story of star wars follows cues from the roman republic, roman empires, and the American Civil War. The inspiration for this would be thepperiod of world wars and the ensuing cold war. The bonus series or daily quests for this planet can have imperial and republic players help their respective sides consolidate power and go into cold war mode against each other much like what happened following world war 2 and like what happen in star wars lore. I think that the idea of entire planets of one ecosystem is worn out I would like to see this planet modeled after earth. More specifically Europe and North Africa. I think that being primordial getting around would involve trains boats, maybe even zepplins. Finally I think this idea will really satisfy the fantasy of being a sith lord or jedi knight and wreak havoc on an earth like battlefield. Force crushing tanks and blasting airplanes out of the sky would just be awesome. If anyone wants to expand and improve upon this idea feel free.