Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favourite and Least Faveourite Worlds in SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Favourite and Least Faveourite Worlds in SWTOR

Little_Judas
11.09.2013 , 04:42 PM | #11
Favourite: Voss, Taris, Tython and late and endgame Belsavis.

Least Favourite: Tatooine, Nar Shadaa and every part of Corusant where you can't see the sky.

Xakthul
11.11.2013 , 08:01 PM | #12
I like Corellia because it reminds me of New York. And because of Han Solo. And Dash Rendar.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Darth_Krushya
11.12.2013 , 12:28 AM | #13
Favorites: Alderaan. Beautiful landscape. Open world. So much to see and explore.

I like Taris too. I love the destroyed cityscape. I've been waiting ten years to learn the fate of Taris and the "Promised Land." I paid intense attention to all the story info about its past and present. I read on Wookieepedia about its future as well. The views on the city worlds were interesting too. Voss was interesting in many ways.

Least Favorites: Tatooine and Hoth. Nothing but sand and snow respectively. It gets old, but the lore about the worlds and their inhabitants kept it interesting. At least for me. Quesh was too short. I found Belsavis difficult, but only because at the time of my visits, I wasn't as well geared. It's more enjoyable with proper gear lol. I'm learning.

I do not want to infer that I hate the worlds that I mentioned as "least favorite." I simply like some worlds more and less than others.
THE ETYA LEGACY: GOEN-TOG ETYA sen, SUNAI-ELG ETYA sge, DONAE'THEN-KYAL ETYA scoun, RAH'NORAI-ELG ETYA com, KRUSHYA-WYN'IKE ETYA sorc, TARAR-BEESE ETYA mar, STROI'YEN-FORGG ETYA oper, THES'SHEL-EPSE ETYA pwrtch, KHET'CHYA-YUUB ETYA grd, SOGLAH-DYME ETYA shd, KOHMEN-TOG ETYA gunsl, IKEN-FORGG ETYA vangrd, RU'THAH-DEY'IYM ETYA asin, DE'THEL-SOHG ETYA jug, IYSE'SHEL-EPSE ETYA merc, GUN'NAH-SOHG ETYA snipe

PaxSithari
11.14.2013 , 01:11 AM | #14
Favorites:
Voss - loved everything about the world, and love the look of the Voss.
Tatooine - the history makes it. Also love killing Tuskens and chatting with Jawas. I like the stark emptiness, and panning up to the sky to see the twin suns

Least Favorites:
Alderaan - I will disagree with everyone here. It was boring, the landscapes depressed me (looked like the end of winter but not yet spring, where the was snow on the ground and trees in bloom). I do want a flying dolphin mount though.
Balmorra: didn't care for it. Always hit lag in that middle area, where there's fighting. And by lag I mean I get into a fight, and die as one of my abilities I've queued animates - a second or two after I've activated it.
Belsavis - again, prison planet that's depressing. Though I did love learning a little bit about the Rakata.

And since you didn't ask, I'll add bonus round FlashPoints!

Favorites:
Maelstrom/Foundry - duh! Great lore in these. Always salute *cough* and *cough*
Colicolid War Games - it's so different from all the other FPs, with the puzzles that perplex every group I've ever been in. It's fun for that alone.
Kaon Under Siege - creeped me out first time I ran it, and continues to creep me out

Least Favorites:
Red Reaper - the lag in the beginning is a game breaker. The bugged end boss is annoying.
Athiss - it's the first FP where classes are really coming into their roles, and players generally make a mess of it. It either goes "well, all things considered", or falls apart with ragequits and people struggling. I've healed it on different characters. This one more than any other people will whisper to me "omg tank sux" or "that dps is an idiot". Who knows what they whisper about me.
We've forgotten what it is to be Jedi. So I'm going to do some real Jedi work now, and help someone in trouble rather than talk big concepts and run errands for politicians - Bardan Jusik

Xakthul
11.14.2013 , 03:18 PM | #15
Isn't Athiss that one with all the random Sith monsters?
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

BradTheImpaler
11.14.2013 , 03:36 PM | #16
Least favourite:

Belsavis. I LOVE the concept. The scenery is also nice. That said, it's a pain in the behind to get around with the way it's sectioned off and it can be a bit frustrating. While the story is good it's not among the top planet stories in my opinion.

Oricon: It's interesting and all, and looks foreboding. I just can't get into it as much yet since I haven't done all the group missions involving the Dread Masters, and I find it tedious to get around for just doing dailies. Maybe my opinion will change once I've caught up more with the Dread Master story stuff.

Favourite:

Balmorra. Everything about it from the music to the landscape to the story and the characters. Beautiful.

Dromund Kaas. As the Imperial capital, it works so well. I'm tempted to take Kaliyo's offer of a picnic in the jungle. Aside from the thunder and animals, it's pretty darn quiet there. It's meant to be sinister, but I just find it soothing.

Taris: KOTOR nostalgia, 'nuff said.

Quesh: Toxic but beautiful in its own way. Reminds me of a few places, if they were toxic/in a sort of perpetual evening sun.

Ilum: I've always been a fan of winter, so...yeah, it goes without saying. Plus the Relics of the Gree stuff there is always fun. Good excuse to hit some Pubs (and sort out who are the awesome people and the douchebags on Imp side)!
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

bionamaster
11.17.2013 , 09:27 AM | #17
I'm a fan of Corellia, Oricon, Balmorra, and Alderaan personally. Corellia and Balmorra, for the abundance of Sith and Imperials, Oricon, because it looks great and has challenging battles, and Alderaan because of the beautiful scenery and music.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Hurleyredcross
11.17.2013 , 11:05 PM | #18
Quesh - it was short enough to hold my interest, and it really felt like a war-zone.

Taris - Hated it in SWTOR as much as KOTOR. felt like philadelphia. =(

Euphrosyne
11.18.2013 , 04:00 AM | #19
Disclaimer: you may find these planetary power rankings too prolix. Spoilered for the sanity of anybody with a scroll wheel.

CZ-198 and Oricon "don't count" as planets for the purposes of this post.

Spoiler
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil

Vaikesh
11.21.2013 , 07:58 AM | #20
TOTALLY HATE BELSAVIS, you have to go through a loading screen of death to be able to play the plannet, and dont even think about Queuing for PVP or flashpoints while you are there or you have to do it again. Even worse, you try to get anywhere and there is rocks blocking you, you try to follow the path on the map (yellow lines) and they lead you to a wall, so you have to circle around looking for a damm Opening blown up or something.

Also the quest markers sometimes lead you to the enemy base and you get one shooted by the guards ( has happend to me on 3 different characters you think I would have learned the road by now...)

Really like the starting worlds all of them, they keep it simple, also Dromund Kass and Coruscant.