Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would it have been better if Dooku was given screentime in EP I?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Would it have been better if Dooku was given screentime in EP I?

Slowpokeking
11.12.2013 , 11:06 PM | #1
I always thinks he is a very interesting character, but the movie gave him too little time thus his character couldn't be understood well without looking at EU. If Lucas had thought about him in EP I, Let him show up as the Jedi Master and let us see how displeased he was with the Republic and Jedi Council, along with his relationship with Palpatine and Qui Gon. This would have helped greatly. I don't understand why did Lucas delete the Library scene in EP II, this would also introduce him before he showed up.

Aurbere
11.13.2013 , 10:14 PM | #2
I find that Dooku was mishandled for the role they wanted to give him. Sure they could have placed him in TPM for some interactions with Qui-Gon and company. At least then we would know who Count Dooku is when he is mentioned by Padme. And they should have never removed Jocasta Nu's story about him.

Sir Christopher Lee didn't get enough screen time in my opinion.
Added Chapter 56 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Darth_Krushya
11.17.2013 , 12:30 AM | #3
I agree. Thank you.
THE ETYA LEGACY: GOEN-TOG ETYA sen, SUNAI-ELG ETYA sge, DONAE'THEN-KYAL ETYA scoun, RAH'NORAI-ELG ETYA com, KRUSHYA-WYN'IKE ETYA sorc, TARAR-BEESE ETYA mar, STROI'YEN-FORGG ETYA oper, THES'SHEL-EPSE ETYA pwrtch, KHET'CHYA-YUUB ETYA grd, SOGLAH-DYME ETYA shd, KOHMEN-TOG ETYA gunsl, IKEN-FORGG ETYA vangrd, RU'THAH-DEY'IYM ETYA asin, DE'THEL-SOHG ETYA jug, IYSE'SHEL-EPSE ETYA merc, GUN'NAH-SOHG ETYA snipe

Beniboybling
11.17.2013 , 06:13 AM | #4
I think it would have been nice perhaps to introduce him sooner, but I'm glad he made an appearance in TCW.

Even if it was minor.

Also another excellent voice actor.