Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Coruscant Sacking

VitalityPrime
11.13.2013 , 11:27 AM | #1
How many years ago was the sacking of coruscant...in the game timeline?
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power. I am the heart of the force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness, in balance with chaos and harmony...immortal in the force.

YoshiRaphElan
11.13.2013 , 11:52 AM | #2
Roughly ten years before the beginning of the game.

TylerAcalan
11.17.2013 , 09:50 AM | #3
Prologue and Chapter One take place in 10 After the Treaty of Coruscant. (ATC) It has been 10 years since both the Sacking and the Treaty.

Chapter 2 take place one year later with the events of Chapter One spanning the entire previous year. That would be 11 ATC. Events of Chapter 2 span another entire year with the Galatic War beginning anew at the end.

Chapter 3 takes place 12 ATC and marks the renewed conflict through the entire year.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel is the events of Makeb and marks yet another long year for Chapter Four. It is at this point that really marks the "Current Year". The year is 13 ATC.

BenKatarn
11.17.2013 , 07:34 PM | #4
I recall there being some contradicting numbers in regards to how long ago the Sacking of Coruscant was and in what year the game takes place in, notably information presented in the game and on the site and information from the SWTOR Encylopedia. The fact that Wookiepedia uses yet another set of dates further complicates matters.

According to the Encyclopedia, the game begins in 3,640 BBY (SWTOR Encylopedia, page 7). The Great War between Republic and Empire began in 3,681 BBY and ended with the Sacking of Coruscant and the Treaty of Coruscant in 3,653 BBY (SWTOR Encyclopedia, page 19). That means that there is a period of 13 years between the Sacking of Coruscant and the beginning of the game (3653 - 3640 = 13).

What I do not recall is how long the individual chapters are, but I recall reading somewhere that each chapter roughly takes place in the span of one year (i.e. chapter 3 being 3 years after the prologue).
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech