Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Sith Lightsaber Duelists

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Sith Lightsaber Duelists

Hell_Kaiser_Fett
11.11.2013 , 12:19 PM | #221
A few things here. First, why isn't pre-armored Anakin on that list? Surely as far as lightsaber skills he trumps Palpy. Second, I am aware there isn't as much on Tulak as other characters, however, not every Sith Lord had a tomb in the Valley Of The Dark Lords. He was one of four. Not to mention he was THE Dark Lord, back when the title meant he was number one, period. While there may not be much, there are still canon resources concerning Tulak's skills. That constitutes something towards him.

Which also brings the question, why not Ajunta Pall, or even Marka Ragnos, both have more content than Tulak, especially Ragnos. I'm also noting that shy of Malgus, no one from swtor is being considered. The Wrath must be powerful to hold the title, as should Scourge, who everyone on the council feared, iirc. If Kallig and Nox can't be considered, what about Darth Marr? He is the head of the Dark Council, and he earned his seat around age 20.

As reading the info from the KotOR guide is new to me, is there more back story to Sion and Nihilus? I know Nihilus was a Jedi during the Mando wars, but I don't know why he was one of the Jedi Revan sacrificed for the Mass Shadow Generator. Anyone know why? On topic though, I don't see why Sion, Nihilus, or Darth Revan shouldn't be considered as well.

Also, Darth Maul wasn't technically a Sith Lord, he was an Assassin, so why is he on the list?
"You are now an official member of the Fett Lineage." - Temuera Morrison at ConNooga March 2, 2013

Aurbere
11.11.2013 , 12:52 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
NOTE: Again before some wise guys draws our attention to this quote: "If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn that we are as children playing with toys compared to the prowess of the old Masters." you should take note that ancient Sith are not been considered for this list due to lack of information. Not that this quote is entirely irrelevant to the skill of lightsaber duelists in the Old Republic era.
There's your answer.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Hell_Kaiser_Fett
11.11.2013 , 12:57 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
There's your answer.
Fair enough, but isn't there a lot of info on Ragnos? What about the "non ancient" Sith I mentioned?
"You are now an official member of the Fett Lineage." - Temuera Morrison at ConNooga March 2, 2013

Aurbere
11.11.2013 , 01:03 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by Hell_Kaiser_Fett View Post
Fair enough, but isn't there a lot of info on Ragnos? What about the "non ancient" Sith I mentioned?
I have seen little information on Ragnos that would qualify him.

As for the others that you mentioned. Most of those you mentioned have little to no information on them, or are just not impressive enough to make the list.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Darkelefantos
11.12.2013 , 11:50 AM | #225
I have seen little information on Ragnos that would qualify him.

As for the others that you mentioned. Most of those you mentioned have little to no information on them, or are just not impressive enough to make the list.
And Revan was, as always, a Jedi in his prime. Malgus might perhaps be a candidate for #10 though, but I reckon there are others more qualified.

Aurbere
11.26.2013 , 06:15 PM | #227
Putting forth Darth Krayt once again.

Edit: I think the rest should look something like this:

8. Darth Krayt
9. Ulic Qel-Droma
10. Darth Sion or Darth Malgus

tunewalker
11.27.2013 , 02:04 AM | #228
Putting forth Darth Krayt once again.

Edit: I think the rest should look something like this:

8. Darth Krayt
9. Ulic Qel-Droma
10. Darth Sion or Darth Malgus
I agree with number 8 and 9 essentially (think Ulic should be above Krayt) and for 10 I am not sure about either of them and think we should also think about Talon, possibly Lumiya (she was the most skilled sith for her time for a while and it did require Jar'kai to overcome her Light whip for a lot of people for a long time Luke became the only one that I know of that could beat her with just the single blade, aka most people had to fight her in a manner that her style was weak against). and Possibly even Tahiri Veila or Darth Plaegus, all in all not sure about number 10 many candidates.

TrainingPigeon
11.28.2013 , 11:37 AM | #229
i apologise if this has already been discussed but didn't have time to read all the threads

Darth bane has he been considered although not the most powerful in the force or lightsabre he was pretty much single handedly responsible for bringing the grand plan to life

were would darth sideous be to most people he was considered the most powerful sith lord ever to live (not my opinion) think about how different the galaxy would have been if it wasn't for bane the dark brotherhood would have been successful in destroying themselves and the sith whether they won or not (all speculation of course)
i think he has earned the right to be on that list after all a sharp mind and a vision for the future is pretty much what makes any sith lord successful because brute strength and power are proven failures next to cunning and deception

don't hate me for my comments please xD

Darkelefantos
11.28.2013 , 01:38 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by TrainingPigeon View Post
i apologise if this has already been discussed but didn't have time to read all the threads

Darth bane has he been considered although not the most powerful in the force or lightsabre he was pretty much single handedly responsible for bringing the grand plan to life

were would darth sideous be to most people he was considered the most powerful sith lord ever to live (not my opinion) think about how different the galaxy would have been if it wasn't for bane the dark brotherhood would have been successful in destroying themselves and the sith whether they won or not (all speculation of course)
i think he has earned the right to be on that list after all a sharp mind and a vision for the future is pretty much what makes any sith lord successful because brute strength and power are proven failures next to cunning and deception

don't hate me for my comments please xD
There is no reason to hate you for your comment. But, this is a list of Lightsaber duelists, nothing else, and you yourself noted that Bane is not the very best in that regard. Bane could make #10 on this list of Lightsaber duelists, but I very much doubt it.
This place has been an empty wasteland for a long time. No longer.

"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes!"