Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game is bad?

MajinEddie
11.08.2013 , 10:04 PM | #1
I'm not a big game player but when I do play something its an mmo. Played wow tera aion and swtor. I enjoy this game the most. Why is there so much hate for this game. Combat is good. I love the SW and BH storys. Just as great as KOTOR. Lots of pvp and pve options. Without going on a rant can I get what makes this game so bad.

Sharping
11.09.2013 , 11:01 AM | #2
Most of the complaints I see in chat are comparisons with WoW. I've never played WoW so I can't comment on comparisons. The other complaint that I do agree which will soon change is the space combat. It's a train combat where you just shoot things coming at you. The new PvP space combat should lessen the complaints.

Pirana
11.09.2013 , 11:42 AM | #3
People love to complain, it's human nature, and it's the internet. Those same people could have fifty dollar bills falling out of their a**, and complain the serial numbers aren't in numerical order.

Play the game and decide for yourself. Don't let others sway your opinion.
Beta - April 16, 2014 (Retired)
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

Bowersda
11.10.2013 , 03:04 PM | #4
There was... Issues when the game first started, and just like everything... First impressions stick. SWTOR has improved greatly since launch and has shed a lot of the bad opinions, but those impressions take time to change.

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg
11.11.2013 , 05:19 PM | #5
I find that lots of the complaints come from people just complaining about PvP functions. I personally love this game. I only get mad at it when I lag and lose at PvP. Everything else is great though. "It's not wise to upset a Wookiee".

Darth_Krushya
11.12.2013 , 02:43 AM | #6
I love this game. I gave up console and handheld systems and had my PC custom made just so I could play SWTOR. I love Star Wars, all six movies, the Essential guides, the KoTOR games.... All of it. Don't let anyone decide what to like or not. Peace and may the Force be with you. I want to believe in this game and that it can only become more and successful. The naysayers anger me.
"You're not evil enough. Well, It's true! You're half evil. You're quasi evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil. Only one calorie. Not evil enough."
Dr. Evil to his son Scott.

crazysam
11.15.2013 , 11:10 PM | #7
What made players believe swtor is bad was the lack of fast new content in the first months. Bioware created what many "experts" are calling the highest quality MMO and it is what "killed" the game. It cost so much to produce, that they could not generate enough money to pay for the producing costs and new content at the same time.

Bioware underestimated the player's ability to burn through the content and peeps unsubbed left and right.

bionamaster
11.17.2013 , 09:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by crazysam View Post
What made players believe swtor is bad was the lack of fast new content in the first months. Bioware created what many "experts" are calling the highest quality MMO and it is what "killed" the game. It cost so much to produce, that they could not generate enough money to pay for the producing costs and new content at the same time.

Bioware underestimated the player's ability to burn through the content and peeps unsubbed left and right.
You forget that they now have a larger playerbase, are raking in enough money to make the game profitable, and we still get new content rather consistently.

In answer to the OP: No one can decide whether or not a game is bad, for this is an opinion. Decide for yourself, and let nobody influence your opinion either way.

Also, wrong forum.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

AshlaBoga
11.20.2013 , 05:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bowersda View Post
There was... Issues when the game first started, and just like everything... First impressions stick.
This^
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Girdeux
11.20.2013 , 06:45 AM | #10
you definitely knew the game had serious issues in the beginning when you had the head developers thinking it would take the majority player base 3-4 months to get to level 50 and that they wouldn't let beta testers test the end-game content. Rocks in there heads.