Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints become a cakewalk to quickly.

greenmartin
12.22.2011 , 04:34 PM | #1
So it seems like if you are going up against a flashpoint in a group at or just below the recommended lvl they are challenging and FUN! Which is great.

But as soon as you get 1 or 2 lvls above the enemies they just fall over and it's just boring.

It's so drastic I almost feel like we are getting an added buff when going against an enemy of lower lvl. Obviously they should become easier to kill but not so much that it's just silly.
I don't know what factors into how much damage is done and received. I don't know if there a skill X vs. skill Y equation here but it just seems off to me.

This matters only because I wish I could repeat some of the flashpoints because I LOVE them. But it's not the same when everything inside other than the bosses just lays down in front of you.

And because you do level fairly quickly the window in which the flashpoints are challenging is very small.

vtravi
12.22.2011 , 04:37 PM | #2
They are not meant to be done tons of time while leveling. When you hit 50 you will have lvl 50 versions if them, so you will be doing lots then. I wouldn't recommend doing them too many times now, you don't want to get sick of them before you hit 50

Jett-Rinn
12.22.2011 , 04:38 PM | #3
Bioware has to be scratching there heads right now

Half the population is screaming they're too hard..the other half is screaming they're too easy.

Personally I think they are fine....but my opinion isn't more valid than anyone elses. I just hope Bioware doesn't make any rash moves when it comes to tuning or re-tuning these we saw how "Back to Vanilla" effected the WoW community.
Remember kids say anything remotely positive about SWTOR and you're automatically labeled a Bioware employee.

ForlornTempest
12.22.2011 , 04:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jett-Rinn654182
Bioware has to be scratching there heads right now

Half the population is screaming their too hard..the other half is screaming there too easy.

Personally I think they are fine....but my opinion isn''t more valid than anyone elses. I just hope Bioware doesn''t make any rash moves when it comes to tuning or re-tuning these we saw how "Back to Vanilla" effected the WoW community.
^ This completely!!!

I also agree that they are fine as they are. The second my friend and I were able to go into a flash point, we did, collected the quest, completed it then rolled on. We did the flashpoint as we came up to it in quests and leveled out of it, moving onto the next one. They were actually fun and we were able to do it with 3 people and a pet instead of waiting around for another member or dying.
The edge… there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ~ hunter s. thompson

greenmartin
12.22.2011 , 04:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by vtravi View Post
They are not meant to be done tons of time while leveling. When you hit 50 you will have lvl 50 versions if them, so you will be doing lots then. I wouldn't recommend doing them too many times now, you don't want to get sick of them before you hit 50
That is really good news.
In fact that is great news! Hope that means lvl 50 Esseles too.
Thanks

Cheska
12.22.2011 , 04:53 PM | #6
Pull a City of Heroes / VIllians and make Flash point baddies Always +2 party level, Always a challange and not something to do solo ^^ But, I cant speak from experience, ive only done the essless

ademnus
12.22.2011 , 05:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by vtravi654143
They are not meant to be done tons of time while leveling. When you hit 50 you will have lvl 50 versions if them, so you will be doing lots then. I wouldn''t recommend doing them too many times now, you don''t want to get sick of them before you hit 50
perfectly said
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.

greenmartin
12.23.2011 , 04:58 PM | #8
I am glad I get to do all the flashpoints at 50.

But the difference in difficulty a few levels makes is still too much. I notice it more and more.

And I believe the reason there are VASTLY different opinions on whether flashpoints are too hard or too easy is mostly because they ARE either too hard or too easy based on whether you enter at level of FP or 1 or 2 lvls above.

People are not taking their level into consideration if they are within 3/4 levels of the FP(and they shouldn't have to).

I can tell you my group wiped several times on Athiss boss when we went in at level 17-18.
Now if I go in at 20+ yeah it's a joke all of the sudden.
I don't think it should be that way.

I am pretty sure the community would be giving less conflicted reports of difficulty if it wasn't that way.