Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Ren_simp
11.06.2013 , 05:09 PM | #6221
Quote: Originally Posted by knownastherat View Post
Well, it was kind of joke and expression of amazement. I've played competitive games before so I have some idea how it works. Here in SWTOR premades are part of the game, and while I am not sure what "game breaking" means, this thread of thousands of replies exists. I do not see another thread of similar magnitude about non-existing issues.

Your interpretation is noted, however, it differs from my intentions and motivation. Your claims about majority of player base are unsupported, but also noted. I am not sure what claim of mine you don't agree with, but as far as your post was concerned, yes, I cannot believe someone can hold so biased opinion.
Look at the thread it's the same people over and over

Zoom_VI
11.06.2013 , 05:12 PM | #6222
Lets say you are queuing solo and you get into a warzone with 7 other people that all had solo queued.

Now after that warzone you invite three of your teammates from that PuG team into a group and group queue them. you have now just queued a four man premade.

But what is different about those players now that they are queued together into a warzone rather than being pugged together? Their gear is the same, their skill is no different. Nothing is different they are just four players in a eight man team just like in the PuG wz they where also four players in a eight man team.

Grouping doesn't make anyone better or make winning require any less skill.

Also if your not convinced I have a very simple solution to premades

Spoiler
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Aves
Everything is fine, calm your Crinns

Cyberhwk
11.06.2013 , 08:31 PM | #6223
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Now after that warzone you invite three of your teammates from that PuG team into a group and group queue them. you have now just queued a four man premade.

But what is different about those players now that they are queued together into a warzone rather than being pugged together?
F-me, I promised myself I'd never post in these forms but this argument is so farsighted it needed addressed.

The difference is simply that one isn't going to be inviting bads to join your pre-made. Evenly distributed there should be just as many "bads" in every WZ as "goods." Forming your premade, you stack the deck due to you not inviting any "bads" and only bringing "goods." Therefore you will end up with 4 decent players before the round starts, and then pick up even MORE once the queue pops, run your 5-6 "goods" against their two and faceroll.

Quote:
Grouping doesn't make anyone better
Correct. It makes sure the GROUP is going to be better.

Quote:
LOL. People don't need guild tags to know they're against pre-mades. Being focused down 30K health in one GCD is more than enough.

knownastherat
11.06.2013 , 08:53 PM | #6224
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Lets say you are queuing solo and you get into a warzone with 7 other people that all had solo queued.

But what is different about those players now that they are queued together into a warzone rather than being pugged together? Their gear is the same, their skill is no different. Nothing is different they are just four players in a eight man team just like in the PuG wz they where also four players in a eight man team.

Grouping doesn't make anyone better or make winning require any less skill.

Spoiler
If nothing is different, if there is no gain no loss of any kind, they do not need the option to group, do they?

There is nothing inherently sound, from game design point of view, about being able to do what you describe. Form a group, any kind of group, and be matched against group with random composition. Nothing. The opposite would be closer to reality or norm, as seen in other games, competitive activities and sports.

Random player enters random game randomly, respectively the matchmaking does its magic. Group of players can be matched against another group of players, not random players. What is the problem with this suggestion? The population is too low? While its strange its too low since PvP is, according to some and maybe even majority, hmm fine lets focus on making pools deep enough then.

vailingfob
11.27.2013 , 02:45 AM | #6225
Hmmm randomly came across this tread so of course i have not read most of the posts, surprised there is so many.... I just want to say of course a premade gives you an advantage in pvp but just because you q solo dose not mean everyone else cant q with there friends. It's not hard to find people to play with if you're in a guild and if you're not in one join one and not every premade is good it also depends on how good your team is, premades can get crushed if they get vs allot of good pugs. If they did q premades id say people would ofc quit not be able to q with there friends and really it would not help it's then complete luck if you win when anyone who q'es solo can get a premade if they wanna win. But no they would rather whine about it on a tread.
The Red Eclipses

"Nerf mid tree op and left tree merc, buff smash and op healing".

Zorion
11.27.2013 , 06:59 AM | #6226
Quote: Originally Posted by vailingfob View Post
Hmmm randomly came across this tread so of course i have not read most of the posts, surprised there is so many.... I just want to say of course a premade gives you an advantage in pvp but just because you q solo dose not mean everyone else cant q with there friends. It's not hard to find people to play with if you're in a guild and if you're not in one join one and not every premade is good it also depends on how good your team is, premades can get crushed if they get vs allot of good pugs. If they did q premades id say people would ofc quit not be able to q with there friends and really it would not help it's then complete luck if you win when anyone who q'es solo can get a premade if they wanna win. But no they would rather whine about it on a tread.

What some who "defend" premades seem to not get is that some of us want a pure non-ranked soloque.
We enjoy the more random-chaotic experience than the organized one.

However some people like myself just detest "ranked" since it gives it a "competition feel" and I'm here to have casual fun, not to "compete" if I wanted that I'd do MMA in rl instead of MMO.

Just that it gets too be very frustrating annoying goind my prefered queing, and not have my "will/choice" matter as its mared with powerquers on the other sided (2*4 man premades that rig the que to get into the same wz with 8 ppl)

Powerqueing is more viable/possible on small intrest pvp-servers like mine Ebon Hawk(rp).
Sure I can re-roll on say Po5 or other pvp-server, but then I have to deal with gankers while leveling up etc, and thats not my prefered style.

Ideally they would just go the way of other mmo's and give us xserver and true matchmakeing (like if there is a decent premade on 1 side the other should get one aswell)(this could be done by tracking the legacy max pvp ranked achived to give an estimation of how experienced the player is with wz's(not quality but something to measure by)

I just find steamrolling or getting steamrolled when I luck out if you may and join the good premades wz's.
Just aint fun for me.(and apperantly quite a few other subs).
Given that ESO is comeing out fairly soon months, Bioware may need to get more on the ball or I do sense that alot of others will join me and jump on that bandwagon and its promise for pvp with 3 factions, wz's with 100's of pp on either side. 1 gigaserver with all ppl, just sharded out.
(ESO was initally made on heroengine like TOR, but Eso scrapped hero due to its limitations wish Tor did the same..)

fleshtaker
11.27.2013 , 07:06 AM | #6227
so funny to see these cry babies sooking over premades

either deal with it or don't que its a mmo made for people to play together game is working as intended and no amount of crying is going to change that

if u leave can I hazz ya stuff

fleshtaker
11.27.2013 , 07:10 AM | #6228
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorion View Post
What some who "defend" premades seem to not get is that some of us want a pure non-ranked soloque.
We enjoy the more random-chaotic experience than the organized one.

However some people like myself just detest "ranked" since it gives it a "competition feel" and I'm here to have casual fun, not to "compete" if I wanted that I'd do MMA in rl instead of MMO.

Just that it gets too be very frustrating annoying goind my prefered queing, and not have my "will/choice" matter as its mared with powerquers on the other sided (2*4 man premades that rig the que to get into the same wz with 8 ppl)

Powerqueing is more viable/possible on small intrest pvp-servers like mine Ebon Hawk(rp).
Sure I can re-roll on say Po5 or other pvp-server, but then I have to deal with gankers while leveling up etc, and thats not my prefered style.

Ideally they would just go the way of other mmo's and give us xserver and true matchmakeing (like if there is a decent premade on 1 side the other should get one aswell)(this could be done by tracking the legacy max pvp ranked achived to give an estimation of how experienced the player is with wz's(not quality but something to measure by)

I just find steamrolling or getting steamrolled when I luck out if you may and join the good premades wz's.
Just aint fun for me.(and apperantly quite a few other subs).
Given that ESO is comeing out fairly soon months, Bioware may need to get more on the ball or I do sense that alot of others will join me and jump on that bandwagon and its promise for pvp with 3 factions, wz's with 100's of pp on either side. 1 gigaserver with all ppl, just sharded out.
(ESO was initally made on heroengine like TOR, but Eso scrapped hero due to its limitations wish Tor did the same..)
someone like you has no place playing a mmo simple as that you will not like eso either mmos are for group play if you don't want competitive pvp go out side and hit a tree with a stick that's the type of pvp you are after

fleshtaker
11.27.2013 , 07:13 AM | #6229
one more thing id like to add if pugs actually tried to play properly and follow strats and work as a team people wouldn't have to premade but they don't as it is most games you have to carry the other 4 group pvp is mmo pvp plain and simple im not defending anyhitng its fact you play mmo's to play with other people if you don't want to group up and play with other people don't play mmo's very simple

cashogy_reborn
11.27.2013 , 09:46 AM | #6230
Comparing MMA to MMO PvP.... rofl
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads