Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 10 Rules of Marauders

Varvarg
10.25.2013 , 09:26 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
And how many people in that guild actually tank at all?

- - - -

Either way, good laugh, though I've just learned that 10 is actually 13.
Taunts have a cooldown, something people tend to forget. Therefor you are saving it, until you really need it.

Great OP, def thinking about rolling a mara now

midianlord
10.25.2013 , 09:41 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrea View Post
Its the personally type.

After all whats more awesome than a lightsaber..................?

That's right, TWO lightsaber's.
Two blaster-pistols >>>>>>>>> all. (I think most Mara/Sents know this, which is why they do what they do: They're overcompensating for feeling inferior to our sheer style, panache, and élan )
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
r/DPS 4 life

AlrikFassbauer
10.26.2013 , 06:31 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Korevas View Post
I have played this game on release for quite a while, maining a marauder and only recently came back. The very first thing I did with my cartel coins was buying a set of eradicator's and putting it on him, and I don't look back. You do not know the pain of being taunted by myriads of proper hooded robes on the other factions for months if you haven't been there.
I do plan to dress my Jedi in a fimilar fashion. Seriously. Just to confuse everyone.
"Just say no." If you feel like you are only there for generating Comms for someone else, then just stay away from PvP. Don't let yourself get farmed !

Icebergy
10.26.2013 , 07:45 AM | #104
I approve of this thread.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 3/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

maximumdamages
10.26.2013 , 08:06 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by AGSThomas View Post
*you're
Yikes....

Amantino
10.26.2013 , 09:37 AM | #106
You mad?
Jennifér - Marauder
<Reckoning>

The Red Eclipse

Vodamin
10.26.2013 , 09:46 AM | #107
10/10

As a tank, this post perfectly summs up all my experience with sentinels in pugs.

Rafaman
10.26.2013 , 04:25 PM | #108
And... unofficial rule #15 in the Mara hand book: Any time is a good time to go afk. If a tank pulls, you can "brb". They can handle it.

Winwynn
10.26.2013 , 07:43 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by xAraen View Post
Rules of a Marauder by Xeous/Araenos

Rule #1 of Marauders: Remember you're a tank, You always need to engage first.
Rule #2 of Marauders: If you're not wearing eradicator your not cool.
Rule #3 of Marauders: If you die its never your fault, Always blame the tank or healer for not doing their job.
Rule #4 of Marauders: If you can dodge an AOE you're not a marauder.
Rule #5 of Marauders: Always stand in AOE's as a marauder this will keep your healer on his toes.
Rule #6 of Marauders: As a Marauder it's very important to follow up with the CC'd targets they're always #1 priority.
Rule #7 of Marauders: As a Marauder filling your rage is most important spam your basic attacks only and keep your rage at 100%
Rule #8 of Marauders: When your tank is running fast through the flashpoint be sure to pull as much of the skipped trash mobs as you can. Don't want the tank to forget about you
Rule #9 of Marauders: Remember as a Marauder you're instantly the leader of the group, Never listen to the tank or healers they're just ignorant.
Rule #10 of Marauders: You're the most important as long as you're in Eradicator or Revan's outfit, Remember to show of how cool you are with your outfit when jumping in first.
Rule #11 of Marauders: Remember as a marauder it's the healers job to keep you at 100% between fights, NEVER HEAL YOURSELF. (Thanks for suggestion by Monthigos)
Rule #12 of Marauders: Always use dual lightsaber throw to pull the mobs behind what you're currently fighting, it's always a good way to keep the fight exciting.
Rule #13 of Marauders: When the "tank" calls out specific targets alway attack the wrong one to steal agro from him. We all know Marauders are the real tanks.
Rule #14 of Marauders: When fighting a boss that cast tons of skills be sure to yell at everyone else to interupt but remember its never your job to interupt them. If he cast it be sure to blame the tank for being a n00b.

These rules were confirmed by the official EMC (Eradicated Marauder Council) but were written by a Tank/Healer. If you see me around Jedi Cov and you're a Marauder tell me thanks for the tips
BEST. EVER. <3---- a healer

benovide
10.26.2013 , 10:51 PM | #110
This is why I hate OPs to a pretty good level, too many idiots who never bother to heal themselves between fights, and then blame the healers for not doing thier job.

As a Jugg/Powertech/Vanguard/Guardian, it gets heavily annoying having an idiot with double sabers aggroing everyone we had skipped intentionally, and then getting on us on why we aren't helping him, OR causing the complete annihilation of our group. Such as on Athiss leveling in lower levels, despite having two Marauders on our team, my Jugg and an Operative as the healer, the Marauders aggro'd 10-25 (not joking) npcs and ran them toward me and the operative every friggen time.

It got so bad and annoying it was the first time I had ever quit an FP.

And on Mandalorian Raiders, the dumb Marauder who aggro'd every single group and overwhelmed us again and again, never catching on.