Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Cartel Mounts drop rate is ridiculous!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Cartel Mounts drop rate is ridiculous!!

midianlord
10.25.2013 , 08:48 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by FriendReferral View Post
The stupidity of gaming consumers and the shadiness of this company never ceases to amaze me...
^^This.^^

/Thread.
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
r/DPS 4 life

ErictheEnt
10.25.2013 , 09:07 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
No one is forcing you to buy the hypercrates. Last I checked, it's a game of chance and as such, luck of the draw is the rule.

If you don't like it, do the same I do: Wait for the BoP to wear off and buy the mount from the GTN. Or, instead of going wild and buying a zillion crates, opening and NOT getting what you want, just sell them on the GTN instead. I'm fairly sure you'll get enough creds to buy the mount eventually.
(bad answer!)

Jetreaperz
10.25.2013 , 10:01 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by Shynymist View Post
I purchased 9 Hypercrates: Trackers Bounty Packs on my account and 6 on the account I have for my daughter...that is 316 packs!! There was NOT ONE Raptor pet, NOT ONE Coastal varactyl and NOT ONE Flatland Zeldrate drop! It seems to me the drop rate for these items are a bit on the RIDICULOUS LOW side! I've spent a small fortune (my choice) for a chance to win those items. With that many packs it seems there should have been at least 1 drop!

Anyone else see a problem with the drop rate of these items?

I put in a ticket to ask why and was told to go to the suggestion thread of the Forums. I went there and there is no place for a complaint post on this subject.

lol you gambled over $1000 USD and lose? QQ more
Quote: Originally Posted by orryko View Post
don't know who reaperz is but i like his insults and ms paint skills
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

4. We all have our "beloved" trolls.

smellmop
10.25.2013 , 10:08 PM | #224
you could flip a coin 100 times and have it be tails 100 times.....probable? no, possible? yes.

rng is rng bro.....you are clearly unlucky and should instead of buy more, just send me your money and I'll tell you you didn't get a drop, at least this one one of us gets some satisfaction.
-Tarro Blood -> Corellian Run -> The Shadowlands-
Gunslinger: Hasenbensoba Vanguard: Ajmurphy; Scoundrel: Obi'haave; Sorcerer: Impossibreu Guardian: Shrėk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=labL_KAD2rk

LordArtemis
10.25.2013 , 10:10 PM | #225
Again, I think the strategy posed here is the right one...buy a hypercrate, open a few for yourself, post the rest to raise cash.

If you don't get what you want from the pack, you will likely get it with coin on the GTN. Someone will be lucky enough to hit it and post it for sale.

Stoofa
10.26.2013 , 07:22 AM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by smellmop View Post
you could flip a coin 100 times and have it be tails 100 times.....probable? no, possible? yes.
It is just as likely to be 100 tails as it is any other combination.
Each flip is a simply 50/50 - so each time the coin is flipped there is as much chance of it being a tail as it is a head. What came before doesn't matter.

The "chances" of getting a particular drop in a hypercrate is only increased by the fact you've got 24 chances to get that item.
Each roll for each pack in the hypercrate is separate from any other roll.

This isn't any different to RE'ing 20 blue schematics and failing to get a single one to give you a purple.
Each roll is a separate entity and does not combine with other rolls.

branmakmuffin
10.26.2013 , 11:07 AM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by Ktama View Post
Cartel bazar is just gambling disguised as an item shop, we don't want to shock underage players or their parents, your game is not working or making enough money ? no problem add gambling to it, gambling is so addictive you don't even need to push hard to make loads of money.
As noted many times, it's not gambling because you have no chance to lose your "stake" and you get exactly what you are told you are going to get.

xBurkhalter
11.06.2013 , 03:42 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Absolutely not. This just sends the message to BioWare that we want more cartel market items - it spoils it for the majority of players who either don't have the money or don't want to spend money on virtual items. So no they shouldn't be encouraged. That's why the whole concept of "pay 2 win" is dreaded, but maybe you would like the game to go that way.

I do find it funny that the only people defending the original poster are ones you can tell have spent loads on cartel packs themselves. You can call it "envy" all you like, but you're just trying to defend your gambling addiction and treat it like you don't have a problem.

You do.
Pay 2 Win? Oh, please. If you think SWTOR is P2W you don't know what that is. Equipment is unmodded, and emotes provides no bonus stats. Please explain to me whats pay2win about the cartel packs?

People who buy cartel packs shouldn't be discouraged, after all, they are funding the game.

You're welcome.

fungihoujo
11.06.2013 , 03:53 PM | #229
Hey, because of people like this- people get to play this game for free, and we get pretty cool things on the GTN for a few days worth of dailies.

I for one love these bounty crates- I've bought some using the monthly we get for subbing, and sold them on the GTN, then bought some rare things I wanted. People might say 'but muh cool in game stuff'- cosmetic things were coming out at a couple a month before- now they come out by dozens. "But it costs too much for muh mounts" I remember saving up over a million creds for that speeder that was the size of a car, and that's back near the game's beginning too- several cosmetic things were super expensive back then too.

Sorry, but f2p has been very, very good for subbers- and I like the gambling box strategy; if people want to part with their money, then so be it.

joshbyrd
11.06.2013 , 09:51 PM | #230
I WANT to agree with you because i have purchased several myself but then again, i see veractyls EVERYWHERE on the fleet. the mount im really interested in is that Cartel Luxury Skiff. I'd sell a kidney to get one of those babies